BMT recourse.

ChiuSiaoRiao

Master Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2010
Messages
4,305
Reaction score
6
Hello guys, I need some help here regarding BMT recourse but you guys have to listen to my story first.

I was enlisted in a PTP batch, 2nd day of my enlistment I got excuse from everything for 6 weeks due to breathing difficulty. MO suspect it was Marfan syndrome and then OOT on first book out.

Went to NUH check everything they asked to. Doc said I'm fine but just a bit of feature of Marfan. Which is probably scoliosis. Well scoliosis causes me backache which i declared before I enlisted. MO actually told me nothing wrong and rated me PES B. But now I went for a check at SGH and Doc actually wrote a memo for a down PES for my scoliosis.

MO downed my PES to B2 (wtf B2 has not much different from B1 i have checked on it) and MO did not even give me a excuse heavy load or whatsoever. My scoliosis is giving me back problem and I still have to carry a 10k kilo fieldpack?

Ok, **** that sh!t. Now I'm suppose to have a FFI recourse in 2 weeks time. Now my problems come in.

I'm still have the breathing difficulty on my running. I still join my unit for runs. I start panting 1km or less. Which everyone else look fine to me. My worries is that I still fear what happen in the 2nd day when i was in BMT. I can hardly breath. The pain of not able to breath really scare the sh!t out of me. Like I could drop dead anytime. For my back issue I'm still having back pain even in my normal life in my unit.

So should I let the MO know my issues? I am worried if he just ignore everything and just let me go for BMT? My mind is just going round and round don't know what to do now. Btw I ORD 9 months time.

Guys please guide me on what to do.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
Hello guys, I need some help here regarding BMT recourse but you guys have to listen to my story first.

I was enlisted in a PTP batch, 2nd day of my enlistment I got excuse from everything for 6 weeks due to breathing difficulty. MO suspect it was Marfan syndrome and then OOT on first book out.

Went to NUH check everything they asked to. Doc said I'm fine but just a bit of feature of Marfan. Which is probably scoliosis. Well scoliosis causes me backache which i declared before I enlisted. MO actually told me nothing wrong and rated me PES B. But now I went for a check at SGH and Doc actually wrote a memo for a down PES for my scoliosis.

MO downed my PES to B2 (wtf B2 has not much different from B1 i have checked on it) and MO did not even give me a excuse heavy load or whatsoever. My scoliosis is giving me back problem and I still have to carry a 10k kilo fieldpack?

Ok, **** that sh!t. Now I'm suppose to have a FFI recourse in 2 weeks time. Now my problems come in.

I'm still have the breathing difficulty on my running. I still join my unit for runs. I start panting 1km or less. Which everyone else look fine to me. My worries is that I still fear what happen in the 2nd day when i was in BMT. I can hardly breath. The pain of not able to breath really scare the sh!t out of me. Like I could drop dead anytime. For my back issue I'm still having back pain even in my normal life in my unit.

So should I let the MO know my issues? I am worried if he just ignore everything and just let me go for BMT? My mind is just going round and round don't know what to do now. Btw I ORD 9 months time.

Guys please guide me on what to do.
Yes. That's not a question.
 

abcd0_12340

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2009
Messages
1,344
Reaction score
0
My camp MO very fierce. Got fked by them first time going to see them. I guess thats what pulling me back.

And what should I do if he just ignore? LLST and go back tekong?


Do not delay any further as things take time to process.
Even if he give you attittude, the MO is the only one that can help you. It is your responsibility to inform the MO of any changes to your health condition.
 

ChiuSiaoRiao

Master Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2010
Messages
4,305
Reaction score
6
Oh well i guess i have to let him know then. I am really having fear even talking to them. :(
 

tmfwy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2000
Messages
7,448
Reaction score
6
Make sure you do everything according to procedure

1. Report to your MO your problems ( at least make sure they are aware of the problem )
2. Seek 2nd opinion from your own doctors / specialists
3. if you are worried going to the doctors will make them feel you are malingering, don't. Every servicemen has a right to see an MO ( Check SAF Act ).

Make sure you keep military MO in the loop becoz
1. they are liable for your safety
2. they are procedurally, your first line of medical contact before private doctors

If you are worried / paranoid of above, call saf hotline. It may sound silly but speak to them.

THE IMPORTANT THING IS TO LET SAF BE AWARE OF YOUR PROBLEMS.

Don't just keep it to yourself.

BTW, BMT recourse is not so bad. You waste more time in the army doing basic stuff. by the time you POP, the choice of units you can be posted to will be limited..
 
Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
RedDevi

OP is worried he may be accused of malingering
Yea, no doubt. But not being too insecure and not wanting to see the MO because of that fear will only cause himself more trouble in the future if bad things happen
 

ChiuSiaoRiao

Master Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2010
Messages
4,305
Reaction score
6
Hi guys thanks for the reply. Yeah im worried of being accused of malingering as well. every single person in army accused you of malingering when you tell them you has issue its really fked up.

reddevil i know that the MO cant do anything to me. but its the fear that is pulling me back. i feel very stressful thinking of it. i just want it to get resolve asap.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
Hi guys thanks for the reply. Yeah im worried of being accused of malingering as well. every single person in army accused you of malingering when you tell them you has issue its really fked up.

reddevil i know that the MO cant do anything to me. but its the fear that is pulling me back. i feel very stressful thinking of it. i just want it to get resolve asap.
Fear of what? empty fear ain't it?
 

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2010
Messages
5,707
Reaction score
10
Hi guys thanks for the reply. Yeah im worried of being accused of malingering as well. every single person in army accused you of malingering when you tell them you has issue its really fked up.

reddevil i know that the MO cant do anything to me. but its the fear that is pulling me back. i feel very stressful thinking of it. i just want it to get resolve asap.

aiya... they meant it in a joking way...
 

ChiuSiaoRiao

Master Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2010
Messages
4,305
Reaction score
6
What do you mean by empty fear?

I don't think they mo is joking leh. He seriously trying to fk recruits
 

WadsUpDoc

Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2012
Messages
491
Reaction score
32
Just inform your camp MO during the ffi. Bring whatever reports or doctor's memo that you have to proof your case.. Make sure the MO gets the latest memos/reports by the specialists on your condition. They have a file of guidelines for the different conditions to be sorted into different PES status. If your condition is uncertain, make sure your doctor's memo include what investigations he is intending for you to undergo.

Most to most, when you recourse, you report to the MO when you really cannot take it.. Most of the MOs in Tekong quite good one. They wont want you to take the risk.
 

ChiuSiaoRiao

Master Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2010
Messages
4,305
Reaction score
6
Just inform your camp MO during the ffi. Bring whatever reports or doctor's memo that you have to proof your case.. Make sure the MO gets the latest memos/reports by the specialists on your condition. They have a file of guidelines for the different conditions to be sorted into different PES status. If your condition is uncertain, make sure your doctor's memo include what investigations he is intending for you to undergo.

Most to most, when you recourse, you report to the MO when you really cannot take it.. Most of the MOs in Tekong quite good one. They wont want you to take the risk.

I have already submitted my latest memo already. that is the reason why i am pes b2 now. but i still have other issues that i have no bring up before because i have never been called up to bmt ffi recourse before.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
I have already submitted my latest memo already. that is the reason why i am pes b2 now. but i still have other issues that i have no bring up before because i have never been called up to bmt ffi recourse before.
Then during the FFI bring up lor?
 

ChiuSiaoRiao

Master Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2010
Messages
4,305
Reaction score
6
Then during the FFI bring up lor?

Ya. I have talked to my in-charge regarding issue. He also asked me to bring up everything. And if MO still say I am fit for everything then ask me to tell the MO if anything happen to me he going to be responsible for it.

is this actually a good choice? I feel its kinda of rude to the officer.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top