satria_neo_2014
Banned
- Joined
- Jun 13, 2014
- Messages
- 3,894
- Reaction score
- 0
AnandTech | Intel Broadwell Architecture Preview: A Glimpse into Core M
Looks....err......unexciting.......
Again focus is on reducing power consumption. There is a paltry 5% improvement in IPC over Haswell.......
If 14nm process allow CPU to finally hit 5GHz, I don't mind provided no new boards are needed. Else I really don't see why should anyone ditch their Z97 for this.
The only bright side is that with lower power consumption, we can have an 8 core Broadwell without crazy cooling. Who knows, we can even have 12 core Broadwell.
Looks....err......unexciting.......
Again focus is on reducing power consumption. There is a paltry 5% improvement in IPC over Haswell.......
If 14nm process allow CPU to finally hit 5GHz, I don't mind provided no new boards are needed. Else I really don't see why should anyone ditch their Z97 for this.
The only bright side is that with lower power consumption, we can have an 8 core Broadwell without crazy cooling. Who knows, we can even have 12 core Broadwell.
Last edited:

