Budget IEM (Chit Chat)

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,676
Reaction score
39,098
but you can spend >$100 buy blind ah?
Not blind you can read up on reviews by YouTubers.. whereas problem with AKG earphone is got too much fakes already... hard to tell if you are getting the original one or fake one... so no point lar.. I get that it is cheap... the risk of getting fakes is not that big... even if you do get a fake.. it is very cheap... but... I dun like paying for fake when I know I can put that money towards a real IEM that is just as cheap.. and better design like detachable cable. I lost all my old earphones solely due to breakage in the cables... and I can't be other to find a way to fix them, that is why now I am happy that IEM with detachable cables are the norms, you can easily replace them, you can even buy a pair of Bluetooth ear hooks and covert them into quality wireless earbuds.
 
Last edited:

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,676
Reaction score
39,098
but you can spend >$100 buy blind ah?


This is one of the most well reviewed budget IEM recently. It is just less than $7 on shopee. You are not buying blind as there a ton of reviews for this.

The only pair of IEM I have that is above $100 is CCA Hydro... and there are many reviews online that sing praise of it.. and yes they are not wrong, it is very wonderful.
 
Last edited:

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,676
Reaction score
39,098
I also bought quite a bit of ear tips to get that perfect fit. :s22:
Recently I a bit regret buying Spinfit W1... it is too loose for my more premium IEM I think the only set that might fit maybe is Castor Pro.... but I think it is like same size as CCA Hydro leh

Should have just buy a few more pair of CP100+
 

skyline72

Honorary Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2007
Messages
106,939
Reaction score
15,303
Recently I a bit regret buying Spinfit W1... it is too loose for my more premium IEM I think the only set that might fit maybe is Castor Pro.... but I think it is like same size as CCA Hydro leh

Should have just buy a few more pair of CP100+
Actually, if you found a particular brand and size that fits you perfectly, just stick to that lo.
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,676
Reaction score
39,098
Actually, if you found a particular brand and size that fits you perfectly, just stick to that lo.
TRN T-eartips is probably one of the best all around that works for many IEMs.. recently I dunno why I gone back to the KZ original starline ear tips on some IEM... still very nice. :ROFLMAO:
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,676
Reaction score
39,098
Never heard of those before.

How much do they cost?
sg-11134201-22120-59cij2rjeykv35.webp
sg-11134201-22110-6fl5onnsoojvf4.webp

https://shopee.sg/TRN-T-Ear-Tips-Si...MT3-Kirin-BAX-Xuanwu-i.1195115524.26511702612


About $7.50+for 3 pairs... the L just nice for me.. .the Spinfit W1 L is 13.5mm just a tad too big for me... but I think the price might have gone up.

Ermm never mind, I think the price have dropped compared to the last time I buy. :LOL:
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,676
Reaction score
39,098
Never heard of those before.

How much do they cost?
https://www.audioreviews.org/guide-to-iem-silicone-eartips/

TRN T-Ear Tips
Bore size: regular
Stem length: very short
Feel: soft and pliable

Bass: 3.75
Midrange: 4.50
Treble: 4.50
Soundstage: 4.75
Vocal presence: 5.00

These onion-shaped eartips fit smaller and shorter than, say, SpinFit. Overall tonality is upper-midrange and treble emphasis, with a hint of boosted bass. Vocal presence is good but forward and sibilant, so be careful when pairing with bright-sounding IEMs. Soundstage is spacious with good depth and height.

Review sample from TRN.

I remember this site really review a lot of ear tips.
 

skyline72

Honorary Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2007
Messages
106,939
Reaction score
15,303
https://www.audioreviews.org/guide-to-iem-silicone-eartips/

TRN T-Ear Tips
Bore size: regular
Stem length: very short
Feel: soft and pliable

Bass: 3.75
Midrange: 4.50
Treble: 4.50
Soundstage: 4.75
Vocal presence: 5.00

These onion-shaped eartips fit smaller and shorter than, say, SpinFit. Overall tonality is upper-midrange and treble emphasis, with a hint of boosted bass. Vocal presence is good but forward and sibilant, so be careful when pairing with bright-sounding IEMs. Soundstage is spacious with good depth and height.

Review sample from TRN.

I remember this site really review a lot of ear tips.
I use this site to look for eartips as well, the guy reviewing is from SG as well.

Anyway, I think this tip is too short for me.
 

SkyScraper

Master Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2010
Messages
4,405
Reaction score
80
https://shopee.sg/TRN-T-Ear-Tips-Si...MT3-Kirin-BAX-Xuanwu-i.1195115524.26511702612


About $7.50+for 3 pairs... the L just nice for me.. .the Spinfit W1 L is 13.5mm just a tad too big for me... but I think the price might have gone up.

Ermm never mind, I think the price have dropped compared to the last time I buy. :LOL:
sian i buy this but they dont come in different sizes. i anyhow buy size, hope it fits.
so far i bought dunu ss/ divinus and want to try this
 

skyline72

Honorary Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2007
Messages
106,939
Reaction score
15,303
sian i buy this but they dont come in different sizes. i anyhow buy size, hope it fits.
so far i bought dunu ss/ divinus and want to try this
I also bought Dunu SS and Divinus Velvet as well but sadly, Dunu SS doesn't fit. The velvet, somewhat fits but not perfect.

Ended up with Lepic Nuon Boost.
 
Last edited:

MangoCAT

Master Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2019
Messages
2,794
Reaction score
1,249
I use the Acoustune AET07 on my timeless 2 over spinfit w1 too since i just need a natural reproduction from the iem over expanding soundstage(w1).

Eartips are a good investment give cost to use ratio and big improvement in tonality and comfort.

Is not more expensive = get the improvement you want de
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top