Budget IEM (Chit Chat)

Joined
Feb 26, 2014
Messages
4,707
Reaction score
2,429
which ciem u recc? i used to own one till i broke it on the plane
I haven't tried enough different brands so I don't dare recommend :o
but most ciem usually have a universal normal IEM version so maybe can try first and if like it, can do up the ciem version, 1st one maybe just go for the entry level one so won't make expensive mistakes as ciem usually hard or impossible to sell and start entry level have more run way to upgrade :o
 

SkyScraper

Master Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2010
Messages
4,405
Reaction score
80
I haven't tried enough different brands so I don't dare recommend :o
but most ciem usually have a universal normal IEM version so maybe can try first and if like it, can do up the ciem version, 1st one maybe just go for the entry level one so won't make expensive mistakes as ciem usually hard or impossible to sell and start entry level have more run way to upgrade :o
now sg i see got a fatfreq one looks not bad
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,674
Reaction score
39,097
https://www.amazon.in/Pro-Earphones-Silver-Plated-Detachable-Audiophiles/dp/B0FCFXYVFV?th=1

I think Amazon really did contract KZ to label their IEMS with Amazon label.. :ROFLMAO:


61dQ5ajwruL._SL1500_.jpg


I think these are ND planet... :ROFLMAO:
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,674
Reaction score
39,097


Does not seem as good as it may seem.. as I keep seeing some say this is to replace Castor...
 
Last edited:

dev_stg_prd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2024
Messages
6,912
Reaction score
3,075
received the Samsung EO-IA500.
good sub bass. balance, proper retail packaging( genuine.

s-l1600.webp

need to change ear tip to my JVC spiral dot eartip as the 3 defaults sizes cannot make it.
I think it's better than the kz . recommended I bought <$10
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,674
Reaction score
39,097
While talking about the front panel jack.. I think my PC front panel one is uplorried liao... lol.. only right side got sound, but I dun really rely on it though... lucky I got DAC to use.. and dedicated soundcard...
And today I try again... and try jiggle it a bit left and right and suddenly it is working.. I think the front jack is dirty or something.. dun really have anything suitable to clean.. feel tempted to spray WD40 in but I think it is risky to the other components inside... like reset switch all those.
 

tuckloong

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
33,701
Reaction score
9,424
And today I try again... and try jiggle it a bit left and right and suddenly it is working.. I think the front jack is dirty or something.. dun really have anything suitable to clean.. feel tempted to spray WD40 in but I think it is risky to the other components inside... like reset switch all those.
90 percent alcohol with a small Q tip?
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,674
Reaction score
39,097
Those ports when unused maybe tape it up...

:o
Good idea, but I bought some extension cable planning to extend it.. then with splitter if I need to use it. So I would only wear out the extension... as the port on the front panel is difficult to replace..
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,674
Reaction score
39,097
Finally found a use for my JCALLY Output Impedance 30 Ohms adapter... as I connect CCA Hydro to JCALLY JM80E, it sounded very shouty... so I tried the adapter that came with the AMP... literally did nothing, online discussion suggest is to boost bass... then I finally took out the adapter I bought sometime ago.. and connect it.. and finally not so shouty got more control over the volume, if not I got to work with volume level like 10% where it is too soft... 15% and it is too shouty... :LOL:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top