Budget IEM (Chit Chat)

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,577
Reaction score
39,054
Anyone nose where to buy 3.5mm extension cable without the 'click' sound when inserting in?

When you insert 3.5mm jack into phone's female port it is loose. Looking for similar type of looseness...

61dIxPieZ7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg


:o
The looseness is due to wear and tear bah.... all 3.5mm sure have this issue...
 

tuckloong

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
33,689
Reaction score
9,416
I'm not sure if you have earbuds, but this is an Apple and Orange comparison. Do you think the AN01&Kunten is better than most earbuds under $150?
Have la :)

Dont compare the ANC...purely comparing sound quality...this combo will be suffice for 30 percent of all audiophiles :)

For me this combo is better than (I own)
- Moondrop Space Travel 1/2
- Moondrop Space Travel Ultra
- Moondrop Ultrasonic
- Moondrop Golden Ages 1/2
- Moondrop Moca
- Sony 1000 xm 3/4/5
- Technics AZ100
- QCY N70
- QCY Melobuds Pro
- Ceramics X
- Jabra Elite 7 Pro
- Creative Ace 2/3 and mini
- KZ Extra and Carol


Do you have any earbuds in mind that is better than this combination?
 

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2018
Messages
17,655
Reaction score
5,739
Have la :)

Dont compare the ANC...purely comparing sound quality...this combo will be suffice for 30 percent of all audiophiles :)

For me this combo is better than (I own)
- Moondrop Space Travel 1/2
- Moondrop Space Travel Ultra
- Moondrop Ultrasonic
- Moondrop Golden Ages 1/2
- Moondrop Moca
- Sony 1000 xm 3/4/5
- Technics AZ100
- QCY N70
- QCY Melobuds Pro
- Ceramics X
- Jabra Elite 7 Pro
- Creative Ace 2/3 and mini
- KZ Extra and Carol


Do you have any earbuds in mind that is better than this combination?


I am confused. Do you mean it's better than the majority of the earbuds you mentioned?
 

tuckloong

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
33,689
Reaction score
9,416
I am confused. Do you mean it's better than the majority of the earbuds you mentioned?
Yup in terms of sound quality :)

Perhaps I can elaborate a bit more

Most of modern TWS are tuned a bit differently and adjusted to suit the consumer markets when newer generations are launched

Some brands started out neutral but adjusted their tuning to be more bass emphasized to suit the consumer market....without a decent EQ, these TWS may sound very muddy due to a mid bass boost or a recessed mid range. To make things worst, they tend to up the treble to give a sense of more details. Not all V shaped TWS works well with all genre of music.

With ANC on, some brands tweaked their profile to increase more bass, adding more muddiness to the mix.

However, these higher valued TWS are better designed to fit the ear. They also come with better ear tips to fit users.

So to match these TWS, one must choose an IEM that is tuned to one's liking. The fit and comfort together with the tips must be able to recreate the original tuning and block out 90 percent of outside noise.

Current limitation of the ANC 01 is not able to generate sufficient power to drive power hungry IEMs. One cannot use this with their higher ended multi drivers IEMs at this moment. The single driver GK Kuten worked really well in this setup.
 

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2018
Messages
17,655
Reaction score
5,739
What budget DAC are you using, and does it really matter if you’re only pairing it with lower- to mid-range IEMs? I’ve heard it does make a difference, but many people claim a simple USB-C cable is enough—how accurate is that?


Chatgpt recommendation
Product ChipsetResolutionApprox. Price
CX31993 AdapterConexant CX3199332-bit / 384kHz$6.00 - $10.36
ALC5686 AdapterRealtek ALC568632-bit / 384kHz$7.53
UGREEN Hi-ResProprietary DAC32-bit / 384kHz$9.76

Do DACs really need dual clips (CX31993 + MAX97220), or is this feature unnecessary for budget users?
 

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2018
Messages
17,655
Reaction score
5,739
I hate myself for going down that path. If I really get into it, I'll spend at least $100 on an IEM, DAC, and other gear. Should I go ahead?
 

skyline72

Honorary Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2007
Messages
106,737
Reaction score
15,125
I hate myself for going down that path. If I really get into it, I'll spend at least $100 on an IEM, DAC, and other gear. Should I go ahead?
I would spend the majority of the budget on IEM, it makes the most difference.

I suppose you will be listening through your phone by streaming?
 

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2018
Messages
17,655
Reaction score
5,739
I would spend the majority of the budget on IEM, it makes the most difference.

I suppose you will be listening through your phone by streaming?


Yes, I listen to music on my phone using streaming apps such as Spotify and YouTube Music.

I'd like your advice on where to begin: should I buy an IEM with OEM type-c or OEM 3.5mm and then a basic type-c DAC to connect to my phone?
 

skyline72

Honorary Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2007
Messages
106,737
Reaction score
15,125
Yes, I listen to music on my phone using streaming apps such as Spotify and YouTube Music.

I'd like your advice on where to begin: should I buy an IEM with OEM type-c or OEM 3.5mm and then a basic type-c DAC to connect to my phone?
I would go for the 2nd option. If possible go for 4.4mm.

Save some of your budget for tips. I spent quite a bit on tips. :s22:
 

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2018
Messages
17,655
Reaction score
5,739
Isn't it ridiculous for me to spend $30 on an IEM and then another $40 on a wireless hook to make the IEM wireless?

Should I just get a cheap TWS instead?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top