Can PR go to command school?

xxWINWINxx

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2013
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
I am a Singapore PR, Singaporean DAD, Thai Mom. I wonder if it is possible for me to enter command school if i meet all the requirement. Because i heard if you are S'PR chances are you be given low security clearance. But since My dad is a singaporean, I hope it will not be a problem. Anyone who knows of PR friends who enters command school care to enlighten me? Thanks in advance
 

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
10,985
Reaction score
1
I know a PR who went to SISPEC (now known as SCS) cross over to OCS & commission as an officer.

I am a Singapore PR, Singaporean DAD, Thai Mom. I wonder if it is possible for me to enter command school if i meet all the requirement. Because i heard if you are S'PR chances are you be given low security clearance. But since My dad is a singaporean, I hope it will not be a problem. Anyone who knows of PR friends who enters command school care to enlighten me? Thanks in advance
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,279
Reaction score
5,865
I am a Singapore PR, Singaporean DAD, Thai Mom. I wonder if it is possible for me to enter command school if i meet all the requirement. Because i heard if you are S'PR chances are you be given low security clearance. But since My dad is a singaporean, I hope it will not be a problem. Anyone who knows of PR friends who enters command school care to enlighten me? Thanks in advance
Your parents choose to not take up citizenship for you even though your dad is a citizen?

From what I know is it shouldn't affect your chances of getting into command school, but your final vocation/appointment maybe more limited due to possibly lower clearance level.
 

ahsiao80

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2010
Messages
6,754
Reaction score
45
i highly doubt Whether PR or not will affect your chances of command school, but im pretty sure like what reddevil said, it prob will affect the unit your gona get post to due to security clearance!
 

BlitzStryker

Master Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2011
Messages
2,747
Reaction score
0
Your parents choose to not take up citizenship for you even though your dad is a citizen?

From what I know is it shouldn't affect your chances of getting into command school, but your final vocation/appointment maybe more limited due to possibly lower clearance level.

Yes to the above :s12:

No worries on your part,just give your best.
 

Garlic & Butter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2010
Messages
7,214
Reaction score
204
did you read the news 2-3 weeks back?
a burmese officer (2LT) standing besides his singaporean officers in some publicity campaign
 

BlitzStryker

Master Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2011
Messages
2,747
Reaction score
0
did you read the news 2-3 weeks back?
a burmese officer (2LT) standing besides his singaporean officers in some publicity campaign

Sometimes the batch got oversea trainees for oversea exchange like Thai,Burmese and etc. Not sure which is which,didnt saw the article..
 

kaixax555

Honorary Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
125,546
Reaction score
323
can, a few of my bunk mates are PRs (I am in SCS btw)
got friends in OCS that are PRs too

at the most vocation will be affected by security clearance
 

bugmenot45

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2011
Messages
1,581
Reaction score
0

OriginalF00k

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2009
Messages
16,016
Reaction score
0
I have a friend who is a PR. ended up as a 2SG before ORD. anyway he is a recce as well. so he has a higher clearance than more people.
 

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
10,985
Reaction score
1
Not really. They maybe the 2G PR or get Tuition Grants for their education which they are force to serve NSF or vomit out the total amount of education fees.

Not all PR are siao on. The same commission officer (with the rank of LTA) who is a PR that cross over from SISPEC that I mention earlier inform me that he is force to serve NSF because of his Tuition Grants for his education in Singapore. After he have ORD, he decided to live in Malaysia & work in Singapore to avoid Reservist duties.


all the PRs who are chao keng-types would have given up their PR to skip NS.
thats why you don't see many chao keng PRs in NS.

local gt the chao keng mindset..PR all the way
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top