筍盤來了!!!Canninghill Piers

Lmao0101

Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2019
Messages
181
Reaction score
30
Agreed

we should start regulating property and insurance agents more tightly

I feel none should be allowed to earn more than 7 digits annually .
From now on

I hope

All transactions / policies

exact remuneration MUST be disclosed at point of sale

I agree with your point on transparency, commissions and previous sales transactions should be freely available to future buyers (right now it's only available through certain apps like 99.co but the average property investor might not have heard of it).

Capping commissions is not necessarily the right thing. For previous buyers, would they rather developer reduce price or increase comm/marketing to sell the units?
 

CaptainSGP

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2021
Messages
2,048
Reaction score
675
I hear it starts with digit 2. I feel gov should do something about agent commission, at least with regards to its transparency. Developers are not lowering prices but giving higher commisions to agents which seem to artificially maintain or inflate property prices. But I am not referring to CPH as I think the commision is not too excessive but rather the 5-6% commision I seem to hear about certain projects which are selling well despite rising prices probably because of heavy pushing by agents.
Commission is typically lowest at launch & rises after launch for the balance units. Comm % is typically larger for bigger units

The 2b new launch i bought at start of year at launch Comm was 1.4%. Have to deduct agency cut of 10% & GST of 7% to get agent share. More than 600 units were sold on launch despite the relatively lower Comm.

What do you think is an acceptable Comm % ?
 

belgarathc

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2003
Messages
1,737
Reaction score
174
Commission is typically lowest at launch & rises after launch for the balance units. Comm % is typically larger for bigger units
The 2b new launch i bought at start of year at launch Comm was 1.4%. Have to deduct agency cut of 10% & GST of 7% to get agent share. More than 600 units were sold on launch despite the relatively lower Comm.
What do you think is an acceptable Comm % ?
I think leaving commision rate up to market forces is fine. But it can be more transparent. If I am a buyer, I would certainly like to know if the developer is paying 5% to the agent.
 

Tuckie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2008
Messages
24,833
Reaction score
1,198
Commission should be transparent. So buyers can bargain with the agent on the percentage of cashback they can receive.
 

dareaper

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2003
Messages
7,595
Reaction score
274
seems like lots of rich singaporeans as expected... post cooling measures, got 1 x 1B+S bounced, but 1 x 2B+S and 1 x 3B got sold. dunno if any kickback or cashback involved :o
 

bujingyun82

Senior Member
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
2,458
Reaction score
1,176
If Singaporeans not rich.. how to sustain the persistent property price increase throughout almost 2 years of covid 😅, until government need to implement cooling measure…
 

Oftheseas

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2021
Messages
1,286
Reaction score
735
CHP location is very good and it’s new, hence most talked about but only for now. Next year, expect another project to take centrestage.
Like it or not, next year a lot of property discussions will be around Lentor & its 4 plots of land.

Action coming closer to home in 2022 !
 

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2019
Messages
7,573
Reaction score
736
Like it or not, next year a lot of property discussions will be around Lentor & its 4 plots of land.

Action coming closer to home in 2022 !
Not likely. I think the talk of the town next year would be the Marina View site if priced reasonably.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top