CardUp (Do not post or ask for referral code)

fone

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2002
Messages
5,183
Reaction score
19
i already check with cardup

-UOB visa card, if you set up recurrring rental payment for 6 mths it will be 1.5% fee. UOB has confirmed this will be given rebates/rewards points (i.e. not consider IPP/instalment payent)

-other master/visa card, if you set up recurrring rental payment for 6 mths. it will be 1.5% fee. Other than UOB visa, cardup is unable to confirm if this will be given rebates/rewards points for other Master/visa

- recurrring payroll for 3 mths will be 1.99% processing fee.

Thanks for the update, cardup has yet to get back to me. Cardup will probably need to activate on my account, since I just put for >6 months or 6 months exactly for a non-UOB visa, still 2.6% fee.

I don't see how credit card company differentiate recurring payment from normal cardup payments, if I believe it is that the recurring is done at Cardup side, and this is not IPP.

So still the standard 2.6% for one-time payments I presume?

Edited:
Just got a call back from Cardup. So the 1.5% is part of their "working capital loan", which they tied up with the banks to charge them lesser fees at no rewards given. Like Verbatin mentioned, you will need to put recurring payments of >= 6 times. So becomes like at least 6 months loan of the total amount, but you "pay" monthly through credit card / card limit.

Assuming what they say is true (no miles/points/rebates), this is only for those looking for "cheaper loan" for the business. Compare 1.5% and 2.6%, add another 1.1%, I can get 1.4mpd, or less than $0.008 per mile, if only consider the "extra" 1.1%... so not very attractive at 1.5%, no miles.
 
Last edited:

Verbatin

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
0
i am also not sure how does bank differentiate from IPP/recurring payment. perhaps i can test it out for 1 mth on SCB card. if they dont give just cancel the recurring payment



Thanks for the update, cardup has yet to get back to me. Cardup will probably need to activate on my account, since I just put for >6 months or 6 months exactly for a non-UOB visa, still 2.6% fee.

I don't see how credit card company differentiate recurring payment from normal cardup payments, if I believe it is that the recurring is done at Cardup side, and this is not IPP.

So still the standard 2.6% for one-time payments I presume?

Edited:
Just got a call back from Cardup. So the 1.5% is part of their "working capital loan", which they tied up with the banks to charge them lesser fees at no rewards given. Like Verbatin mentioned, you will need to put recurring payments of >= 6 times. So becomes like at least 6 months loan of the total amount, but you "pay" monthly through credit card / card limit.

Assuming what they say is true (no miles/points/rebates), this is only for those looking for "cheaper loan" for the business. Compare 1.5% and 2.6%, add another 1.1%, I can get 1.4mpd, or less than $0.008 per mile, if only consider the "extra" 1.1%... so not very attractive at 1.5%, no miles.
 

Verbatin

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
0
anyone can advise if cardup transaction is posted on the same day? i think they will take at least 2 day to post so just want to get an confirmation from you all.

i need to schedule a payment and get my card charge on 31 Jan 2019 but if they get posted on the same date, i wont get my rebates as i already max out for Jan 2019

thanks
 

Verbatin

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
0
according to cardup depends on card. they can only confirm UOB visa card will get points

QUOTE=elnewbie;118798449]So conclusion is...For 1.5%, will have or will not have points ??[/QUOTE]
 

elnewbie

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Messages
2,123
Reaction score
1
I was told today that the 1.5% offer is transparent to the bank. If you are already getting points under 2.6%, you will get points under 1.5%

The lady was an angmo lady and she called me back in 15 mins with the answer.

That's not what I was told, haha. I was simply told no rewards for all cards.
 

fone

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2002
Messages
5,183
Reaction score
19
I was told today that the 1.5% offer is transparent to the bank. If you are already getting points under 2.6%, you will get points under 1.5%

The lady was an angmo lady and she called me back in 15 mins with the answer.

LOL, that's what I thought at first, that it is transparent to the bank. However, the person that called me claims that they have a special rate from the banks (lower charges but no rewards), to offer a lower rate for customers.

Guess that from the information that I've got from cardup, I'll be waiting for report from others (people like you who might be trying out).
 

assiak71

Master Member
Joined
May 3, 2018
Messages
4,643
Reaction score
43
I should post here instead

Off the top of my head, i have these. Which can pay using cardup? Note the premium payment frequency. Thanks.

TM whole life, annual premium
Aviva DI, annual premium
Aviva term life, annual premium
Aviva mindef group life, monthly premium
Ntuc enhanced incomeshield

Edit
There are 2 parts to my qn.
1. Which policies can i use cardup to pay
2. Can i/ How do i pay using cardup monthly (obviously since using uob one cc). Do i need to change freq to monthly first? Or can i make advance payment monthly for the next annual premium? Or contact insurer to ask?

Thanks
 

EEXOOO

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
7,250
Reaction score
0
Hey guys exploring CardUp so have a few queries
Scenario based on car loan payment via HL Bank.

1. Can I manually pay a few times per month? This is to hit the 5 transactions requirement of UOB ONE and to fill up what ever shortfall required for $2k per month spending.
2. Can I still have my GIRO active for the car loan payment?
Example: My car loan is $100, I paid $50 via CardUp manually in advanced, on due date willl GIRO deduct $50 or $100?

Thank you.
 
Last edited:

suzuka1980

Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2007
Messages
331
Reaction score
7
Hello, does anybody know if I can use CardUp for my Citibank auto loan?

I am paying direct to the bank. So what are these information that I will need to input??

I need the following information
Address
Postcode

Recipient's account no
Name of account holder
 

taugay

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Does anyone know if it's possible to pay for town council S&CC bills via CardUp & how do we go about doing that? Can't seem to find an option for it under CardUp's list of preferred recipients.
 

devion

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2001
Messages
1,672
Reaction score
214
Does anyone know if it's possible to pay for town council S&CC bills via CardUp & how do we go about doing that? Can't seem to find an option for it under CardUp's list of preferred recipients.

Better to go to town council office to pay by credit card, no fees involved.
I paid them at the town council payment office.
 

fone

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2002
Messages
5,183
Reaction score
19
Does anyone know if it's possible to pay for town council S&CC bills via CardUp & how do we go about doing that? Can't seem to find an option for it under CardUp's list of preferred recipients.

If you want recurring payment via credit card, can also call them up and initiate payment. Seems like they accept most Visa/MC cards.
 

JoeyCheeKy

Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2019
Messages
233
Reaction score
0
went to the website, not very credibly done up.

hard to find information. Is this service reliable?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top