China high speed rail

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,441
First class tickets are good enough. Business class have recliner seats.. Can lie down almost all the way to sleep. The cabin has max 8 passengers. But still sharing toilets with first class passsengers.

At some major cities, there is a business class lounge for you to rest. Also express boarding at the station
I didn’t see any business class tickets for huanglongjuuzhai. Only has first and second class seats
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,441
Is it worth to stay in Jiuzhaigou for 3 nights? What does the town has? Mostly old vintage houses? I thinking of gg there to nua with my wife
 

jywy2005

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2013
Messages
5,793
Reaction score
2,707
Is it worth to stay in Jiuzhaigou for 3 nights? What does the town has? Mostly old vintage houses? I thinking of gg there to nua with my wife
If I remember correctly, there is this international hotel resort at JZG. Can check it out on Trip.com.
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,441
Assuming if my HSR train leave at 8am, what time must I reach the railway station? Last time there are strict security checks and it takes very long. Any idea now still got stringent security checks?
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
No change. You will still have to pass your luggage through the X-ray machine and undergo metal detector scan yourself at the entrance to the station. Arrive at the entrance at least 30min before your train departure time.
Assuming if my HSR train leave at 8am, what time must I reach the railway station? Last time there are strict security checks and it takes very long. Any idea now still got stringent security checks?
 

hawkwind

Master Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2006
Messages
4,633
Reaction score
982
Assuming if my HSR train leave at 8am, what time must I reach the railway station? Last time there are strict security checks and it takes very long. Any idea now still got stringent security checks?
My experience is that boarding gates will open about 10 minutes before departure. To be safe arrive at station about half hour at least for the security check which is quite fast but queue might be long.
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,441
I tried the simi 12306 website and their app. Totally cui! Either system busy, if not then app crash. That is why sometimes I said the superior of China’s technology is a bit tuakang. The tickers get sold out so fast that we need to rush to book. Haha
 

jywy2005

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2013
Messages
5,793
Reaction score
2,707
I tried the simi 12306 website and their app. Totally cui! Either system busy, if not then app crash. That is why sometimes I said the superior of China’s technology is a bit tuakang. The tickers get sold out so fast that we need to rush to book. Haha
If you dun mind paying a small fee, just use Trip.com to book. 12306 iirc allows you to choose the seats.
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,572
Reaction score
4,179
I tried the simi 12306 website and their app. Totally cui! Either system busy, if not then app crash. That is why sometimes I said the superior of China’s technology is a bit tuakang. The tickers get sold out so fast that we need to rush to book. Haha
Agreed that 12306's app and website pretty cui, but ticket getting sold out is dependent on demand mah?
 
Last edited:

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
The overseas user experience for 12306, like many mainland websites or apps, is not optimal because of the firewall. It is quite speedy when I am not using a roaming device over there.
 

osimese

Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2005
Messages
302
Reaction score
34
Plan and buy ticket early. was going to take my flight back to SG and nearly stuck in Qingzhou due to ticket sold out. lucky I kept refreshing and somehow get a slot before my flight.
 

jywy2005

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2013
Messages
5,793
Reaction score
2,707
I always check the dates for public holidays and avoid taking trains over the weekends and their golden week. Tickets are usually sold out the moment they are released.
 

hawkwind

Master Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2006
Messages
4,633
Reaction score
982
Plan and buy ticket early. was going to take my flight back to SG and nearly stuck in Qingzhou due to ticket sold out. lucky I kept refreshing and somehow get a slot before my flight.
One thing I find bad is the booking is only open two weeks before. If one cannot secure tickets, may have to scramble to find alternative mode of travel.
 

kenne79

Senior Member
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
1,935
Reaction score
841
If you dun mind paying a small fee, just use Trip.com to book. 12306 iirc allows you to choose the seats.
Trip is crap too. Booked early in trip. On day sales open. Was in pending for days. No choice cancelled. Ask my driver in china to help me book.
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
HSR tickets can run out due to demand and capacity. There are alternatives to HSR. Z, T, K, Y train types may be slower, but they get you to the destination all the same. A lot cheaper, and the speed does not matter much for short distances.
 

jywy2005

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2013
Messages
5,793
Reaction score
2,707
So far Trip.com never fails me when buying HSR. Purchase/ Refund pretty fast. 铁路12306 requires China mobile no to register for an account iirc. The interface is also quite bad.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top