China high speed rail

Beefsteak

Master Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
3,545
Reaction score
152
I just realised that you can also buy train tickets from Klook. And looks like its slightly cheaper than Trip.com if you use discount codes.
 

truemove

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2015
Messages
55
Reaction score
7
those who booked train tickets using 12306 before, when you enter the train station, do they need to check the email confirmation? or just give them passport to scan will do?
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
Have both ready. The security people want to see that you wish to enter the station to board a train.
those who booked train tickets using 12306 before, when you enter the train station, do they need to check the email confirmation? or just give them passport to scan will do?
 

natas

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,243
Reaction score
532
those who booked train tickets using 12306 before, when you enter the train station, do they need to check the email confirmation? or just give them passport to scan will do?

Once your ticket is confirmed, just enter with your passport.
 

dexboi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2007
Messages
5,580
Reaction score
1,896
no need print any confirmation or "boarding pass", in fact nobody prints anything at all.
if they want to see, they will be able to check in their computer.
your passport is your ticket to enter the gantry. that's it.
 

truemove

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2015
Messages
55
Reaction score
7
no need print any confirmation or "boarding pass", in fact nobody prints anything at all.
if they want to see, they will be able to check in their computer.
your passport is your ticket to enter the gantry. that's it.
no need print any confirmation or "boarding pass", in fact nobody prints anything at all.
if they want to see, they will be able to check in their computer.
your passport is your ticket to enter the gantry. that's it.

Okok because I didn't received any confirmation email after I bought the tickets on 12306 app 😅
 

cherynsq

Master Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2025
Messages
2,725
Reaction score
1,261
1 of my traveling buddy cannot get her "my passenger" info verified. is there a way we can do it at the train station so next time we can buy on 12306 instead of trip.com etc?
 

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2001
Messages
9,025
Reaction score
695
1 of my traveling buddy cannot get her "my passenger" info verified. is there a way we can do it at the train station so next time we can buy on 12306 instead of trip.com etc?
Have you tried, removing and add again for verification in the app?
 

cherynsq

Master Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2025
Messages
2,725
Reaction score
1,261
Have you tried, removing and add again for verification in the app?
yes , deleted and added again. During each time, I scan the passport. then it says something like need further verification. Take picture of the Passport to upload. Best part, once I click upload to submit the photo,it says "REVIEW SUCCESSFUL". then prompt me back to the upload page. when I click back to "my passenger" page to check status, its still VERIFICATION FAILED
 

jtec14

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2001
Messages
9,025
Reaction score
695
yes , deleted and added again. During each time, I scan the passport. then it says something like need further verification. Take picture of the Passport to upload. Best part, once I click upload to submit the photo,it says "REVIEW SUCCESSFUL". then prompt me back to the upload page. when I click back to "my passenger" page to check status, its still VERIFICATION FAILED
I see. Seems possible to get verified at the station from the below post.
Anyway I think you likely have some time while waiting for trains, can just try to ask also.


Post in thread 'China high speed rail' https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/china-high-speed-rail.6970277/post-150463474
 

truemove

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2015
Messages
55
Reaction score
7
Chk ur spam or junk inbox.
I checked not in either spam or junk inbox. I bought 3 different tickets and received email confirmation for the first 2 tickets I bought, but I didn't receive any email confirmation for the 3rd ticket. I emailed 12306 but no response yet.

If it's showing up as Paid status under the ticket orders inside the 12306 app does this means i've successfully booked the tickets?
 

explorerX

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2017
Messages
6,575
Reaction score
1,000
I checked not in either spam or junk inbox. I bought 3 different tickets and received email confirmation for the first 2 tickets I bought, but I didn't receive any email confirmation for the 3rd ticket. I emailed 12306 but no response yet.

If it's showing up as Paid status under the ticket orders inside the 12306 app does this means i've successfully booked the tickets?
That's strange, by right only the main passenger will receive the email + order number, with the remaining passengers, names, coach number & seats number, depart time. Check ur payment amt is for 2 or 3 tickets.
 
Last edited:

cherynsq

Master Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2025
Messages
2,725
Reaction score
1,261
I just realised that you can also buy train tickets from Klook. And looks like its slightly cheaper than Trip.com if you use discount codes.
I have compared both. seems like klook will have a delay , as it confirms only the evening while trip.com is constantly trying to buy and confirm the moment it opens
 

Confession.pt3

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2008
Messages
881
Reaction score
79
Took soft sleeper train to/fro Beijing/Harbin.

Bought tickets via Trip, you can reserve 1month in advance and Trip's agent will buy the ticket when the official site open 15days before. Upon confirmation, Trip will send you information. It will be good to take a screenshot once you get car,seat information and translate it to Chinese and save a screenshot.

At Train station: just flash your passport or go to the extreme right or left with a staff. In Trip app, when the gate is available or change, it will update which gate to wait to enter. The train platform can be different from the entrance gate.

Train: look for your car #, there will be a staff for each car. They will check your passport or you can just tell them your seat #. Inside each car, there are a cabin with 4 beds for soft sleeper. It is quite cramp and hot inside . Make sure you wear something comfortable. There can be power point inside the cabin. if not, it will be outside walkway.

For exit, also the same. queue at either extreme left or right with a staff. Look before queuing tho, it will be either at right or left.
 

cherynsq

Master Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2025
Messages
2,725
Reaction score
1,261
The train station is so chaotic . I took from Shanghai to Suzhou yesterday . It open 15mins before the train depart and everyone is queuing .
The moment I got onto the train, haven’t even sit down , the train already move
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top