China Tablets to recommend

seasonscrystal

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2006
Messages
2,113
Reaction score
0
If Teclast T760, why not consider Cube U9GT? Cube U9GT I recall the resolution slightly more cause of the screen width. Both running RK2918 also.

The IMM shop that sells Novo8 also selling Cube U9GT for $269. I think they have a main shop at SLS lvl3.
 

kleftch

Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2008
Messages
275
Reaction score
0
If Teclast T760, why not consider Cube U9GT? Cube U9GT I recall the resolution slightly more cause of the screen width. Both running RK2918 also.

The IMM shop that sells Novo8 also selling Cube U9GT for $269. I think they have a main shop at SLS lvl3.

Er. Idk. What are the specs? I was looking for 7".. To me it should be the sweet spot personally.

Anyway made my choice le. And havent really heard any news about the cube before I made my choice -.-
 

rollbread

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2006
Messages
11,911
Reaction score
0
Guys, I'm thinking of Rena3 or the Herotab M818. Is 7" too small if I wan to watch movie and read Ebooks? Personally I prefer the Herotab cuz its 8" but seems like the Rena3 specs area better. Can help advise which one is better?

Lastly, not sure if this has been ask b4. Is this website safe to buy from them? Appreciate alot for any replies. Thanks! :s12:
http://www.merimobiles.com/opad_renesas_Cortex_A9_1GHz_Dual_core_1080p_p/meri0628.htm
 

seasonscrystal

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2006
Messages
2,113
Reaction score
0
Er. Idk. What are the specs? I was looking for 7".. To me it should be the sweet spot personally.

Anyway made my choice le. And havent really heard any news about the cube before I made my choice -.-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3UqU2TcBfQ
http://www.merimobiles.com/Cube_U9GT_8GB_Rockchip_RK2918_7in_Capacitive_p/meri0658.htm

Cube U9GT is one of those better RK2918 tablets. If you google it, you should be able to get some results. Reason I advise getting Cube U9GT locally cause the price about the same as online with shipping.

If buy from overseas sites, then Meiying M11 and Telcast T760 are pretty porpular. Wopad i7 (aka 2) also have gaining interests.
 

seasonscrystal

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2006
Messages
2,113
Reaction score
0
Guys, I'm thinking of Rena3 or the Herotab M818. Is 7" too small if I wan to watch movie and read Ebooks? Personally I prefer the Herotab cuz its 8" but seems like the Rena3 specs area better. Can help advise which one is better?

Lastly, not sure if this has been ask b4. Is this website safe to buy from them? Appreciate alot for any replies. Thanks! :s12:
http://www.merimobiles.com/opad_renesas_Cortex_A9_1GHz_Dual_core_1080p_p/meri0628.htm

Watch movie PV210 (M818) might be better than NEC EV2 (Rena). IIRC, M818 is resistive screen. US$180 with normal registered mail right? Which is around S$230 (US$ stronger now).

Maybe can look at Novo8. 8" capacitive with TC8803 which works pretty well with movies and 2D/3D games. $259 is the local price, during the last comex show was $239.

Rena3 is good tablet for everyday task. Good battery life and work well surfing net, but not so good with HD movies. 2D games runs good, but 3D games might depend. Although, it is dual core, but the processing speed is still around 533MHz. Android 2.2 can't really use the full potential of dual core.

Bell have rebrand herotab tablets too, you might want to look at it.
 
Last edited:

rollbread

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2006
Messages
11,911
Reaction score
0
Watch movie PV210 (M818) might be better than NEC EV2 (Rena). IIRC, M818 is resistive screen. US$180 with normal registered mail right? Which is around S$230 (US$ stronger now).

Maybe can look at Novo8. 8" capacitive with TC8803 which works pretty well with movies and 2D/3D games. $259 is the local price, during the last comex show was $239.

Rena3 is good tablet for everyday task. Good battery life and work well surfing net, but not so good with HD movies. 2D games runs good, but 3D games might depend. Although, it is dual core, but the processing speed is still around 533MHz. Android 2.2 can't really use the full potential of dual core.

Bell have rebrand herotab tablets too, you might want to look at it.


Acutally I was thinking about Novo 8, but abit don't like the buttons....do you know which shop got sell Novo 8? I scared go to the wrong shop and kanna chopped. :s13:
 
Last edited:

seasonscrystal

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2006
Messages
2,113
Reaction score
0
Acutally I was thinking about Novo 8, but abit don't like the buttons....do you know which shop got sell Novo 8? I scared go to the wrong shop and kanna chopped. :s13:

a few bros got it from the IMM shop near giant, but last week when I was there the demo set is spoilt. cube u9gt also sold there. Only 1 shop there, so cannot be wrong shop. I think that shop hq is in SLS level 3, they were at Comex also selling Novo8 for $239.
 

rollbread

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2006
Messages
11,911
Reaction score
0
A10?? that's interesting.
If its perf is like its Novo 8, should be fine.

the weight is less than 200g??(amazing)

Saw from some forum that it's actually a A8 with higher frequency. So now I thinking of Rena3 or Novo8...
 

seasonscrystal

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2006
Messages
2,113
Reaction score
0
Saw from some forum that it's actually a A8 with higher frequency. So now I thinking of Rena3 or Novo8...

If you buy online be careful. Best get from sellers most people do. Cause during shipping, due to handling, some parts inside maybe loose or cracked.

Also best have a vid/photo of the unboxing. Like that easier to get exchange/refund.

Novo8 will be good for gaming and hd movies. Rena3 for daily usuage as battery life is better.

As far as I'm aware of there are 4 generations of Rena3 (EV2). The latest is named as magic tab/dropad a9n.
http://www.chinatenq.com/blog/dropad-a9n-android-tablet-phone-dual-a9-review/
 

innovativeint

Banned
Joined
Oct 8, 2007
Messages
342
Reaction score
0
Saw from some forum that it's actually a A8 with higher frequency. So now I thinking of Rena3 or Novo8...

I waiting for my A9 to be in today.....do not know if it really perform better because of A8, A9 thingy... or is it processor speed or because of 512mb ddr 3..

but to layman really cannot see much difference.. and also the recent tegra processor for android 3.0 above.... so which one is actually good ah?
 

sukkieman

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
1,445
Reaction score
0
hi anybody can help me?

i got a WM8505... that old model... anyway dunnoe why although i can use the net, i cant seem to use the app market function, always say i not connected. was wondering then how to install games.

also the other thing i was wondering is the screen display is 3 column de, can i make it 4 column? looks more like ipad...
 

innovativeint

Banned
Joined
Oct 8, 2007
Messages
342
Reaction score
0
hi anybody can help me?

i got a WM8505... that old model... anyway dunnoe why although i can use the net, i cant seem to use the app market function, always say i not connected. was wondering then how to install games.

also the other thing i was wondering is the screen display is 3 column de, can i make it 4 column? looks more like ipad...

your one is china app market ah?
 

kleftch

Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2008
Messages
275
Reaction score
0
ok spent about half a week with my t760, here's my initial review of the little companion so far.

Physical Review
The T760 is very, very well built. It's sturdy and not too heavy, and the finishing is just beautiful, doesn't really feel low quality or anything just because of its China origins.

The 3 touch-sensitive buttons take a little bit of getting used to, accidentally tap on them when I'm shifting grips, but it's not too big an issue. On the whole, the T760 stands on its own right, enough to distinguish itself from other tablets, especially iPad knockoffs.

Software Review
I can't really comment too much on this, since I come from iOS and need some time to get used to Android. The stock launcher is a bit laggy, not totally smooth, just enough to irk but not irritate. I'm still experimenting around with launchers to find my sweet spot.

SPB shell was beautiful, but I had trouble because the market will detect and block me whenever I get internet connection. I read there's a fix but it requires that the OS be rooted, and for t760 the only way to root it is to flash a custom ROM, which I've been having trouble with. Shall attempt it once my exams are over.

The stock OS, however, takes just about anything I threw at it and handled it all with finesse. I loaded a handful of movies in, ranging from .avi format to .rmvb, and the video player plays them smoothly, and has options for 4:3 and 16:9. I particularly like the bookmark feature.

Games like Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds and Cut the Rope renders beautifully and I get a kick out of playing on a larger screen compared to my ip4.

The keyboard bug is present and irritates the hell out of me... until today. I installed thumb keyboard the first day I got the T760, but the tablet always starts off with the default Chinese keyboard and I gotta change it to the thumb keyboard. But having the Chinese keyboard is unexpectedly good; the large keys make for comfortable typing when I had to do a bit of document editing today and didn't have access to a computer in school today. I just laid it down on a flat surface and was soon typing away at an acceptable speed. It's enough to make up for having to switch back and forth between keyboards now and again.

Web surfing is smooth and fun. It's just wonderful to now be able to stream himym and bbt on a portable device! Heh. Of course, this is still dependent on having a good and fast wifi connection, but ya.

I have a LK ICT next week and exams at the end of the month, so I probably won't be spending as much time as I like with the T760, but once I do, I'll post more info!
 

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
5,911
Reaction score
7
I waiting for my A9 to be in today.....do not know if it really perform better because of A8, A9 thingy... or is it processor speed or because of 512mb ddr 3..

but to layman really cannot see much difference.. and also the recent tegra processor for android 3.0 above.... so which one is actually good ah?
depend on what u use for...Dreampad 4?
tat fast
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top