CIMB FastSaver

pratik28

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
854
Reaction score
378
Lol very confusing. End Oct I better get my Aug BI then I'm out of CIMB until they have simple promo😅
I check with Chatgpt to simpify Oct promo ,

any amount below $160k total balance Fastsaver gives better overall EIR

and any amt above $160k total balance Starsaver gives a better overall EIR

So if have less than 160k put all in Fastsaver ,
if more than 160k put all in Starsaver.
 

sibeiTrolled

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
1,628
I hv between 75000 to 75500 on all the days of Jul and Aug

These are alr the days they credit me the interest so I dun understand wat u mean by full breakdown coz I find the percentage seems to tally with my deposit amount (although seems a bit slightly lesser )

I dun credit salary, I only did the SI-CIMB Giro top up $1001 deducted from DBS bank to CIMB FAST on the 1st of the month

I hv Starsaver but the Starsaver is not eligible for SI-CIMB so I dun use it
Hence my annoyance.

You posted that you got 10.20 for Jul SI-CIMB but did not include base interest that you gotten on 31st Jul or 31 Aug
Maybe you wanted to hide how much you have gotten, sure but this partial info initially caused confusion.
Hence i asked before my edit if you are on fastsaver or starsaver as the 100.50 BONUS INTEREST doesn't make any sense

So you participated in 2 promo
- Jul CASA
- SI / GIRO promo
31st July (for Jul) - 0.5% , 1.08% , 1.58%

31st Aug (for Aug) - 0.5% , 1.08% , 1.58%
Ya, so if you have just type in you gotten 60+ SGD here, then things would have been clear cut.

I hv no idea what is the $100.50 I got on 30 SEP but it seems to make up for a 0.8% for the months on Jul and Aug (est. $50 for each mth)

So I was inquiring if jul and aug they were suppose to credit us Any Bonus Interest at 0.8% for the 75k as well - coz I dun really remember the %
So in your case the summary is Yes the 100.50 , that's for the bonus interest

Account -Fastsaver
- JUL Casa
- JUL and AUG SI Promo

31 Jul - ~65/67 SGD base interest
26 Aug - 10.20 SGD for SI promo
31 Aug - ~65/67 SGD base interest
30 Sep - 10.50 SGD for the SI promo
30 Sep - 100.50 SGD for the CASA bonus interest - and Yes, 0.8% cause you only have ~75k which also makes you a preferred customer

If you are a normal customer, then the 0.7% doesn't make sense here as it would mean you have ~84k SGD based on this reverse calculation - 100.50 / 62 * 365 / 0.7%
 
Last edited:

yiron

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2003
Messages
25,116
Reaction score
2,448
I check with Chatgpt to simpify Oct promo ,

any amount below $160k total balance Fastsaver gives better overall EIR

and any amt above $160k total balance Starsaver gives a better overall EIR

So if have less than 160k put all in Fastsaver ,
if more than 160k put all in Starsaver.
Based on my excel, breakeven for Starsaver vs Fastsaver is $171552 / $193104 (with recurring deposit 0.5% bonus).
Was surprised how high the breakeven was given that the sweet spot for Fastsaver was $75k, then I realised the BI did a lot of heavy lifting for amounts above $75k where Fastsaver only earned base 0.5%.
 

yiron

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2003
Messages
25,116
Reaction score
2,448
Lol very confusing. End Oct I better get my Aug BI then I'm out of CIMB until they have simple promo😅
I don't mind the complexity as long as CIMB pay up as per their tnc and don't screw up. Sometimes too simple results in too much hot money coming in and leads to lower BI.
 

sibeiTrolled

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
1,628

pratik28

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
854
Reaction score
378
Based on my excel, breakeven for Starsaver vs Fastsaver is $171552 / $193104 (with recurring deposit 0.5% bonus).
Was surprised how high the breakeven was given that the sweet spot for Fastsaver was $75k, then I realised the BI did a lot of heavy lifting for amounts above $75k where Fastsaver only earned base 0.5%.
I based on base+bonus int (no sal credit or card spend) haha ,

so I get EIR 1.95% approx in both fastsaver / starsaver at 165k , plus minus.

Below 165k bal the EIR of Fastsaver increases v/s above 165k bal the EIR of Starsaver increases.

They can actually match Maybank 2% around this balance amt haha.
 

yiron

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2003
Messages
25,116
Reaction score
2,448
I based on base+bonus int (no sal credit or card spend) haha ,

so I get EIR 1.95% approx in both fastsaver / starsaver at 165k , plus minus.

Below 165k bal the EIR of Fastsaver increases v/s above 165k bal the EIR of Starsaver increases.

They can actually match Maybank 2% around this balance amt haha.
yea it's fairly close. At $165k without the sal credit bonus and preferred banking, Fastsaver is 1.95% while Starsaver is 1.93%.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top