Circles.Life Discussion Thread

Sambuca78

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2001
Messages
6,994
Reaction score
478
I got a 4G router, then I went to get a 5G router, bcuz I wanted to try something new.. Signed up with giga 5G and can get 300Mbps IIRC.

But then I realized I've not much use for that high speed as I mostly use my PC to surf the net and tv to stream videos. 4G speed is more than enough.

So I split the 2 tvs network connection to the 2 routers, using two Simba 300GB data-only plan. One tv/router was used more often and ran out of 300GB data around 3 weeks, so I had to think of increasing data instead, and CL 750GB came along.

So for me, more data is more important than speed, while trying to reduce the cost of internet connection. It depends on your usage, if 5G is important to you or not.

Hmmm.. according to ChatGPT

Netflix (1080p, standard quality): ~3 GB/hour
300gb/3gb/21days= 4 hrs 45 min per day

Netflix (4K UHD): ~7 GB/hour (requires "High" setting)
300gb/7gb/21days= 2 hrs 2 min per day

u watching 4k?

I thinking of rely on 4G+ for my new house hence testing a few telco now. Agreed with u that more data is more impt than speed, but during my UAT test CL speed is just half of SIMBA nia.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,209
Reaction score
17,454
I think location also very important, what is ur speed when on 4G+?

So you using Pixel 6a => Ethernet => Wifi Router now?
No, the test was done on the phone itself using the Speedtest app.

4G+ is less, about 191mbps, upload same as that for 5G connection.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,209
Reaction score
17,454
191mbps also very fast already, u must be right below the telco station.
Just tested at home only.

I subscribed to this 750GB plan cos planning to use that to replace fibre broadband.

But now decided to keep the broadband instead.
 

Sambuca78

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2001
Messages
6,994
Reaction score
478
Just tested at home only.

I subscribed to this 750GB plan cos planning to use that to replace fibre broadband.

But now decided to keep the broadband instead.

Any reason why? since you are able to get good speed with CL 750GB plan
 

yuri2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2002
Messages
10,385
Reaction score
1,473
Hmmm.. according to ChatGPT

Netflix (1080p, standard quality): ~3 GB/hour
300gb/3gb/21days= 4 hrs 45 min per day

Netflix (4K UHD): ~7 GB/hour (requires "High" setting)
300gb/7gb/21days= 2 hrs 2 min per day

u watching 4k?

I thinking of rely on 4G+ for my new house hence testing a few telco now. Agreed with u that more data is more impt than speed, but during my UAT test CL speed is just half of SIMBA nia.
I think mostly watched HD only, not 4k.
 

yuri2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2002
Messages
10,385
Reaction score
1,473
Just tested at home only.

I subscribed to this 750GB plan cos planning to use that to replace fibre broadband.

But now decided to keep the broadband instead.
The 750GB plan worked quite well. I've consolidate my data into one SIM router and cancel two Simba 300GB data-only plan. :D
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,209
Reaction score
17,454
The 750GB plan worked quite well. I've consolidate my data into one SIM router and cancel two Simba 300GB data-only plan. :D
What brand of Sim router are u using and is it 5g? What are the speeds u are getting from the connection?
 

yuri2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2002
Messages
10,385
Reaction score
1,473
What brand of Sim router are u using and is it 5g? What are the speeds u are getting from the connection?
I use tp-link, one MR600 (4G) and one deco X50-5G.
When using Simba, I'm getting about 100Mbps average. Their 5G speed is not that great. When I use giga 5G, it was much higher, around 300Mbps, IIRC. Although I've never seen insane speed like 700Mbps.
Since I'm happy with 4G speed, CL is ok for me. For now CL- 4G is about 150Mbps.
 

Sambuca78

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2001
Messages
6,994
Reaction score
478
I use tp-link, one MR600 (4G) and one deco X50-5G.
When using Simba, I'm getting about 100Mbps average. Their 5G speed is not that great. When I use giga 5G, it was much higher, around 300Mbps, IIRC. Although I've never seen insane speed like 700Mbps.
Since I'm happy with 4G speed, CL is ok for me. For now CL- 4G is about 150Mbps.
Same here. CL around 45Mbps.

U getting 45 or 150 for CL?
 

wahoo

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2001
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
21
Can teach me how to terminate circles lines?
I cannot find in the website for termination.
I want to cancel the sim card
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top