Circles.Life Discussion Thread

loganrunning

Master Member
Joined
May 12, 2017
Messages
3,833
Reaction score
2,355

eddy0505

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2014
Messages
1,768
Reaction score
790

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,580
Reaction score
4,184
That poster let the Telco charge him the $10 add on without checking the bill for several months. So partly is also the user's negligence, he might have activated it accidentally? If he checked it earlier could have prevented further incurrence of additional fees.
I don't check my bills monthly too, onus should be on the telco to charge as per agreement.
Should not shift the blame to user, condoning and allowing telcos an easy pass for such shady/hidden charges.

Same as the recent ST fiasco where the user was charged a huge sum, never raise to Socmed, ST will just blame user as most will have experienced.
 

eddy0505

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2014
Messages
1,768
Reaction score
790
I don't check my bills monthly too, onus should be on the telco to charge as per agreement.
Should not shift the blame to user, condoning and allowing telcos an easy pass for such shady/hidden charges.

Same as the recent ST fiasco where the user was charged a huge sum, never raise to Socmed, ST will just blame user as most will have experienced.
Not condoning any Telco for shady charges, just saying it's our responsibility to check bills regularly to make sure no funny charges that shouldn't be there. Not only telco charges, imagine there were unauthorized transactions for months but you only realized it after checking a year later. Chances are it's probably harder for you to even dispute or raise fraudulent charges and get them waived off.

On the other hand, what if it's the user who accidentally added the add-on - is it still the telcos fault? If you checked, you could have stopped it earlier rather than keep it going on for months and needing to get refund. It's easier to stop paying for charges that shudnt be there compared to paying for many months then needing to appeal/complain to get a refund which takes so much more effort and time. Not worth it.
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,580
Reaction score
4,184
Not condoning any Telco for shady charges, just saying it's our responsibility to check bills regularly to make sure no funny charges that shouldn't be there. Not only telco charges, imagine there were unauthorized transactions for months but you only realized it after checking a year later. Chances are it's probably harder for you to even dispute or raise fraudulent charges and get them waived off.

On the other hand, what if it's the user who accidentally added the add-on - is it still the telcos fault? If you checked, you could have stopped it earlier rather than keep it going on for months and needing to get refund. It's easier to stop paying for charges that shudnt be there compared to paying for many months then needing to appeal/complain to get a refund which takes so much more effort and time. Not worth it.
I mean for me that's when telco or even every company is supposed to design apps that have intuitive UIUX so that users do not as practically possible not "accidentally" add/toggle such VAS. Otherwise, to me it's just predatory to have users face such experience.
SG have literally almost no regulatons for consumer protection etc. since SG's environment is setup such that it's business friendly/first, where we will always see such issues highlighted from time to time.
We will likely never have anyone that will bring up such regulatory changes for the betterment of the society and business environment as a whole. 🤷‍♂️

Agrred that users of course should also proactively monitor so as to allow earliest possible notification/dispute, which increases success rate of refund like you shared.
Summary of my opnion is the responsibility should be more on the companies than users, since users are always on the losing end especially in SG.
 

meh770

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2023
Messages
87
Reaction score
49
Hi, I tio tok by CirclesLife with the $21 Unlimited Data.
They waived it for me but it will only appear in my next bill. Problem is, I want to port out this month.
Anyone has any experience where they will refund any negative balance? (as I will need to overpay this month's bill). Otherwise I will be locked in for 2 months.


Thank you.

(I was unaware that the $21 unlimited data was an issue until I met it - I am a telco hopper and I had my reasons to temporarily switch to Circles).
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,580
Reaction score
4,184
Hi, I tio tok by CirclesLife with the $21 Unlimited Data.
They waived it for me but it will only appear in my next bill. Problem is, I want to port out this month.
Anyone has any experience where they will refund any negative balance? (as I will need to overpay this month's bill). Otherwise I will be locked in for 2 months.


Thank you.

(I was unaware that the $21 unlimited data was an issue until I met it - I am a telco hopper and I had my reasons to temporarily switch to Circles).
Definitely no refunds especially from CL.
If you need to port out then forgo it liao.
 

loganrunning

Master Member
Joined
May 12, 2017
Messages
3,833
Reaction score
2,355
Yup, since @meh770 is a telco hopper, rather pain 1 time and get out of CL to enjoy new telco's benefits.

fully agree. i am just thankful I ported out of CL after their terrible performance during covid (cannot enter building because "4bar no data" and "tracetogether app failed). Happily missed the antics of the past few years even though i had to sacrifice a month's subscription (cost of buying freedom :ROFLMAO: ).
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
https://www.facebook.com/8092564277...in-a-bill-dispute-or-compla/1092486402732644/

if I want to switch to circles life, how to prevent something like this?
i kena from CL. phone auto-roam is 100% confirm turned off, but then got charged $10 for auto roam after going into JB. Realised later that their auto roam in their app is turned on by default (like WTF). talked to their support, apparently 0.03MB of data went through even though my phone auto roam is off. I asked them how 0.03MB got through even though my phone auto roam is off, but no answer, just told me it's because "auto roam in their app is turned on". :vijayadmin:

but they ended up granting a waiver for the charge so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,580
Reaction score
4,184
i kena from CL. phone auto-roam is 100% confirm turned off, but then got charged $10 for auto roam after going into JB. Realised later that their auto roam in their app is turned on by default (like WTF). talked to their support, apparently 0.03MB of data went through even though my phone auto roam is off. I asked them how 0.03MB got through even though my phone auto roam is off, but no answer, just told me it's because "auto roam in their app is turned on". :vijayadmin:

but they ended up granting a waiver for the charge so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sound similar to another telco that is red. :s13:
 

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2001
Messages
175,126
Reaction score
8,425
i kena from CL. phone auto-roam is 100% confirm turned off, but then got charged $10 for auto roam after going into JB. Realised later that their auto roam in their app is turned on by default (like WTF). talked to their support, apparently 0.03MB of data went through even though my phone auto roam is off. I asked them how 0.03MB got through even though my phone auto roam is off, but no answer, just told me it's because "auto roam in their app is turned on". :vijayadmin:

but they ended up granting a waiver for the charge so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
volte uses data
 

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2009
Messages
22,017
Reaction score
11,568
Anyone knows what happens with Circles when the monthly data quota is used up (and perhaps overrun)?

Will it auto-cutoff, or continue a bit on throttled speed, or got some kind of $x.xx/MB kind of price?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top