Circles.Life Discussion Thread

meh770

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2023
Messages
87
Reaction score
49
Definitely no refunds especially from CL.
If you need to port out then forgo it liao.
Thanks.. they waived the $21 Unlimited Data but argue with me that the waiver only apply to the next month. Very scummy business tactic to lock me in.
Decided to hold on one more month, I will not pay this months bill because I don't want to leave a credit balance, sure won't get refund like you said. :s13:

i kena from CL. phone auto-roam is 100% confirm turned off, but then got charged $10 for auto roam after going into JB. Realised later that their auto roam in their app is turned on by default (like WTF). talked to their support, apparently 0.03MB of data went through even though my phone auto roam is off. I asked them how 0.03MB got through even though my phone auto roam is off, but no answer, just told me it's because "auto roam in their app is turned on". :vijayadmin:

but they ended up granting a waiver for the charge so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I kena also! They waived it for me after I reported, but really very scummy business.
According to what they told me. The $10 autoroam is charged in next month's bill. if you request for waiver and you port out in the month before, the waiver will be forfeited and you will still be charged next month.

I find it ironic because circleslife is the pioneer of MVNO yet they adopt such practices, no wonder they fall behind SIMBA/Eight.
 

meh770

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2023
Messages
87
Reaction score
49
On reflection, SIMBA/Eight/Heya in terms of billing is the best, really like 'prepaid' kind. Not like those under ZYM/Zero1/RedOne/CirclesLife all kena pay-per-block charges or hidden charges.

Expect for SIMBA, the "Change of plan" system where you have to change in the 1st - 25th day of the bill cycle. Changing plan also affect the 30 days minimum to port out.

and SIMBA network make me cry. 😭
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,580
Reaction score
4,181
Thanks.. they waived the $21 Unlimited Data but argue with me that the waiver only apply to the next month. Very scummy business tactic to lock me in.
Decided to hold on one more month, I will not pay this months bill because I don't want to leave a credit balance, sure won't get refund like you said. :s13:


I kena also! They waived it for me after I reported, but really very scummy business.
According to what they told me. The $10 autoroam is charged in next month's bill. if you request for waiver and you port out in the month before, the waiver will be forfeited and you will still be charged next month.

I find it ironic because circleslife is the pioneer of MVNO yet they adopt such practices, no wonder they fall behind SIMBA/Eight.
They're soon to be forgotten telco honestly. No longer has any USP, cost high, roaming weak, CS atrocious. 🤡
 

meh770

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2023
Messages
87
Reaction score
49
They're soon to be forgotten telco honestly. No longer has any USP, cost high, roaming weak, CS atrocious. 🤡
Agree with you. I remember back when they first launched, already had complains about their customer service. Back then was tolerable as the big 3 weren't a lot better and CirclesLife was half price.

Nowadays, so many MVNO but they still stuck in the past.

Actually the live chat function is good and still helpful enough, just the company inner-runnings and policy, yet they still want to IPO :s22:
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,580
Reaction score
4,181
Agree with you. I remember back when they first launched, already had complains about their customer service. Back then was tolerable as the big 3 weren't a lot better and CirclesLife was half price.

Nowadays, so many MVNO but they still stuck in the past.

Actually the live chat function is good and still helpful enough, just the company inner-runnings and policy, yet they still want to IPO :s22:
IPO and cash out mah, otherwise the founders how to exit. :s22: :s13:
 

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2009
Messages
22,010
Reaction score
11,568
They're soon to be forgotten telco honestly. No longer has any USP, cost high, roaming weak, CS atrocious. 🤡
The only reason I returned with Circles is because of the promo codes shared some pages ago.

I can foresee myself jumping onto another MVNO real quick when the publicly-offered prices can match or better what I have now.

No way I'd sign up with them with whatever plans and prices they have available currently. They are way behind the competition on that front.
 

meh770

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2023
Messages
87
Reaction score
49
The only reason I returned with Circles is because of the promo codes shared some pages ago.

I can foresee myself jumping onto another MVNO real quick when the publicly-offered prices can match or better what I have now.

No way I'd sign up with them with whatever plans and prices they have available currently. They are way behind the competition on that front.
Zero1 has Free 9 Months with 3 Months purchase for CirclesLift port in now, bascially $45 for 12 months. Sign up until 31 Aug 2025
 

uncle_josh

Master Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2018
Messages
3,130
Reaction score
773
Zero1 has Free 9 Months with 3 Months purchase for CirclesLift port in now, bascially $45 for 12 months. Sign up until 31 Aug 2025
can provide the source ?
so far google only zym & vivifi have free 9 months subscription.
 

loganrunning

Master Member
Joined
May 12, 2017
Messages
3,833
Reaction score
2,355
The $10 autoroam is charged in next month's bill.

this is the "post paid" billing model - use now, pay later (in next month)

unlike the totally pre-paid model, where once you use up your pre-paid amount, service stops.
no bill surprise, just the "inconvenience" of either buying more, or switching to a backup/alternative
 

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2009
Messages
22,010
Reaction score
11,568

AMD_Duron

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2000
Messages
664
Reaction score
456
Hi Which one is for Grab rider group? I saw a few and a bit confused. Thanks

PROMOCODE​

PT1TB8R

  • $10 Only
  • 1TB 5G Data
  • FREE 8GB Roaming
  • Unlimited Talktime
*Reverts to 500GB after 3 months.

I thought this was a good deal shared by another a few pages back, not sure if it is for Grab rider group or not.
 

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2009
Messages
22,010
Reaction score
11,568
No harm turning them off to avoid bill shock also
I'm using them in a static setup (and nowhere near Johor), so it is redundant. But with Circles' billing antics, better turn off to be safe than sorry. Especially that Auto Boost one, which I might eat into if not careful. :o
 

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2009
Messages
22,010
Reaction score
11,568
I thought this was a good deal shared by another a few pages back, not sure if it is for Grab rider group or not.
That's where it seems to have originated from. This one, and another one with 1000GB 4G @ $8.30.
(ps not Grab)
https://tgstat.com/channel/@fpannouncements/9040
There's monthly repeats of various Circles promo codes that goes back some time.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top