Circles.Life Discussion Thread

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
my tracking:
4Nov, Mon 12noon: circleslife finally reply on email, but asking for personal particular, replied immediately.
5Nov, Tues 10pm: circleslife no reply since Mon noon
6Nov, Wed, 12noon: CirclesLife replied, will waived off the $15 pay as you roam for Nov. but didn’t mention about the upcoming bill. Sent another email to confirm if PAYR is removed and also waived for next bill.
8Nov, Fri, 2pm: no reply
8Nov, Fri 5pm: received email that $15 is waived. And as expected, they only waived 1 month instead of 2 month that they have wrongly charged me. $15 is 3 months subscription!
Continue to chase via email.
10Nov, Sat, 10am: Facebook messenger reply from CL, informing that I should have received the email on 1st waiver, and they are working on the 2nd waiver for me
10Nov, Sun, 10am: facebook messenger reply from CL that they have also secured my 2nd waiver.
14Nov, Thu, 1am, no reply despite reminder sent on 13Nov 1am on facebook messenger....is it empty promises?
 

loganrunning

Master Member
Joined
May 12, 2017
Messages
3,833
Reaction score
2,355
hmm..... now it makes sense why they are trying to maximize revenue, by hook or by crook

any potential buyer will first thing look at cash flow

but the way they go about doing it is buay swee

quote: "This potential sale underscores the ongoing growth and consolidation in the telecom sector, particularly in the digital and SaaS spaces."

looks like a hint of more to come (besides the long running sh&m1 story)
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
my tracking:
4Nov, Mon 12noon: circleslife finally reply on email, but asking for personal particular, replied immediately.
5Nov, Tues 10pm: circleslife no reply since Mon noon
6Nov, Wed, 12noon: CirclesLife replied, will waived off the $15 pay as you roam for Nov. but didn’t mention about the upcoming bill. Sent another email to confirm if PAYR is removed and also waived for next bill.
8Nov, Fri, 2pm: no reply
8Nov, Fri 5pm: received email that $15 is waived. And as expected, they only waived 1 month instead of 2 month that they have wrongly charged me. $15 is 3 months subscription!
Continue to chase via email.
10Nov, Sat, 10am: Facebook messenger reply from CL, informing that I should have received the email on 1st waiver, and they are working on the 2nd waiver for me
10Nov, Sun, 10am: facebook messenger reply from CL that they have also secured my 2nd waiver.
14Nov, Thu, 1am, no reply despite reminder sent on 13Nov 1am on facebook messenger....is it empty promises?
14Nov, Thu, 2.30pm: system email received on $15 waiver.
14Nov, Thu, 6pm: email reply, stating my 2nd waiver already approved and email sent. checked Circles life app, the forecasted bill for Dec is missing.. Cannot confirm if I got the 2nd $15 rebate.
 

everex

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
958
Reaction score
209
I tried to port-out earlier today my Circles $0 plan to Eight. But immediately got message from Eight staff after he tried, that cannot allow port-out and need to contact Circles.

There is no pending bill and I made sure Circles app AutoSecure is off. Circles will not allow my $0 plan to port out.

This is not very professional in my view.

So to avoid more drama (and future unwanted unwarranted bill), I cancelled my line thru the app. It said will send email to confirm the cancellation. But did not receive anything the whole day.
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,572
Reaction score
4,179
I tried to port-out earlier today my Circles $0 plan to Eight. But immediately got message from Eight staff after he tried, that cannot allow port-out and need to contact Circles.

There is no pending bill and I made sure Circles app AutoSecure is off. Circles will not allow my $0 plan to port out.

This is not very professional in my view.

So to avoid more drama (and future unwanted unwarranted bill), I cancelled my line thru the app. It said will send email to confirm the cancellation. But did not receive anything the whole day.
Escalate to IMDA, nonsensical that unable to port out.
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
Anyone tried turning roaming off and still can camp to overseas network and also received sms?
I was instructed to turn off roaming when I ask circles life how to turn of PAYR.
 

peppermint7

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2018
Messages
6,014
Reaction score
893
Anyone tried turning roaming off and still can camp to overseas network and also received sms?
I was instructed to turn off roaming when I ask circles life how to turn of PAYR.
Roaming i believe it refers to Data Roaming. With it turn off u still can receive sms and phone calls from Sg. Just that cannot use any data except wifi. That's what i know after searching for answer to this last month from web.
 

peppermint7

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2018
Messages
6,014
Reaction score
893
So to avoid more drama (and future unwanted unwarranted bill), I cancelled my line thru the app. It said will send email to confirm the cancellation. But did not receive anything the whole day.
Yeah, the cs often says wait for email confirmation which never come for my case that's why they go charge me even though verbally cs says waive 3 month off for me. Also with the screenshot trying to retain me says give me 3 months free but it didn't even happen. They just go ahead and charge. Imagine if my GXS acc got money and they successfully deducted, it'll be a pain to chase for refunds given how things work at their end. What their cs promise is one thing. Reality is another. When u show screenshot prove, another cs tells u is misunderstanding and sweeps it under the carpet. Anyway, when my turn comes. I'll keep very close watch until it all ended properly else IMDA is just a phone call away. 😡
 

11.11.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2020
Messages
12,140
Reaction score
36,340
I tried to port-out earlier today my Circles $0 plan to Eight. But immediately got message from Eight staff after he tried, that cannot allow port-out and need to contact Circles.

There is no pending bill and I made sure Circles app AutoSecure is off. Circles will not allow my $0 plan to port out.

This is not very professional in my view.

So to avoid more drama (and future unwanted unwarranted bill), I cancelled my line thru the app. It said will send email to confirm the cancellation. But did not receive anything the whole day.
... last week terminated the $0 account, choose the date and submit. Just said sad to let you go, didn't ask me to wait for email confirmation.
 

duhduhduh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
14,971
Reaction score
1,161
My Dad's $0 plan now upgraded to $5, anyone want to know how to fully convert to senior $5 plan instead?
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
CL replied: Some countries doesn’t support 3G anymore (eg, Japan, China) and so if roaming is not turn on, will not connect to their network. But once you turn on data roaming, the base $5 plan will be charged additional $15 per month for PAYR. (at least for the month)
They claimed can submit for waiver. But I think I will not connect to overseas network for this CirclesLife line. Till my credit is over, I am move to $8 telco instead.
 
Last edited:

Daffy7

Senior Member
Joined
May 1, 2005
Messages
1,882
Reaction score
152
For anyone dealing with a similar situation: I recently faced an issue with a telecom company (let's call them CL) refusing to cancel my line unless I paid a final bill I never agreed to. They insisted I owed $9.xx, but I hadn’t signed any agreement for this charge. If CL can charge $5 without consent, what’s stopping them from demanding $5000 next? It felt like outright bullying to consumers by telco.

I decided to stand my ground. I called their customer service and calmly explained that I hadn’t agreed to the charge. I informed them that the call was being recorded and made it clear that I would escalate the matter to IMDA (Infocomm Media Development Authority) if they continued with their tactics—ignoring my request, staying silent over the phone call, or simply repeating their demands for payment. Within three minutes of this, my line was finally canceled, and I received confirmation via email.

For context, I was fully prepared to submit the recording to IMDA for regulatory action if necessary. It took weeks of persistence, but I finally resolved the issue and canceled my line.

Let's stand firm against such bullying tactics!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top