Circles.Life Discussion Thread

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,447
Reaction score
18,612
Screenshot-20250823-092848-Speedtest.jpg


Circles M1 5G SA on a single cell outdoor. Can get 654 maps download.
 

Multiversal

Banned
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
24,857
Reaction score
8,141
Hi guys... My CL CIS plan has ended and now i'm paying $28/mth... i want to enjoy the $18/mth again so the only way is to port out to another telco then port back in with new CIS sign up right?

which telco would you guys recommend? I'm thinking of porting out for 1-2 mths then port back CL again for the new CIS. is it possible?

Why do you want to port back to CL if the other TELCO offers a better deal, or at least the same deal?

Undying customer loyalty just like the way some members here condemned TPG till it became SIMBA? And my goodness, they still condemn this SIMBA TELCO because they are loyal, undyingly, to traffic lights.

When news came out that one of the "lights" was being swallowed up by SIMBA, they were unsettled and lost for words.
 

Multiversal

Banned
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
24,857
Reaction score
8,141
Before CL, I had been using Singtel, then M1 and then SH. For a number of years, each TELCO.

From Day 1, I realised that the whole process of registering was very brisk, no love gained or lost...show IC, registration done, SIM card issued, and next!

You were just a "number", forgotten as soon as you stepped out of the shop, and only remembered by a huge computer database at their main office. At 11 pm, you might be standing at the same bus stop as the guy who registered your line at 2.30 pm earlier, and he wouldn't even remember you. For all you know, he had tendered his resignation, and you wouldn't see him at the TELCO counter anymore next Monday. He might be working in an hotel, or department store...who knows.

Loyalty. To whom? To the TELCO when each time you call, they need to verify your particulars because the CSO from the Philippines or India don't even know who the hell you are. Or to the CEO, or to the "management of the TELCO" whoever those people are, who don't even know your name and where you live.

Then CL came, and was the game changer. It offered a one year free trial. Then, it rolled out a $10 plan but replaced that with a $5 Plan for Seniors very shortly after. 1 GB of data was included.

I signed up for all of them one after the other, and when TPG came along, I said goodbye to SH (my other line besides CL), without a KISS. No love lost, because...how to lose a love you never had from the TELCO? TPG also gave free trial for a year. What's there to refuse?

Recently, SIMBA upped the game with more data, free minutes etc with roaming data as well.

In July this year, I bade CL goodbye and left for Heya. Same price as CL, $5 every 30 days for Seniors but with far more data and even roaming. CL gave me 21 GB, no roaming. Heya gives me 200 GB local data, and 200 GB in Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia. And for the 1st six months, it's free.

Do I feel guilty for leaving CL?

No. I don't. I cannot even think of one single person I know personally in CL, for whom I might have some feelings like "Oh, they need customers or else the staff will be retrenched"

I have more than enough data (also for roaming), more than enough call time and SMS from these two TELCOs. And even IDD call time - not that I would need these with WhatsApp and WeChat being the better choices.

And I have two numbers...all for $10. In fact, it only costs me $2.50 per 30 days to use SIMBA for the next few years because I topped up $100 and received another $100 free.

CL was the game changer. It started the price war. TPG now SIMBA upped the game. The traffic lights were hurt badly. Singtel fought back with Heya, and wrested me from CL. M1 decided to call it a day and asked SIMBA to buy it over. Starhub is doing some calculations, perhaps a little too late.
 
Last edited:

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,447
Reaction score
18,612
I concur, CL 5G SA speed is good, top speed still lose to ST 5G SA but the coverage is definitely improved.
How's the top speed for Singtel 5G SA? So far never see people posting.

The top i got for Singtel 5G NSA is 1.2gbps too. But haven't got ST 5G SA. Even their gomo or prepaid 5G+ all is NSA only.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,447
Reaction score
18,612
Just now tried circle line underground, during peak hour, buona vista to harbour front stretch, surprisingly got 5G SA underground. Data was smooth in super crowded train.

Outside mrt station, can get 786 mbps download, very good. Even my zym cannot achieve that
 

AMD_Duron

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2000
Messages
664
Reaction score
456
How's the top speed for Singtel 5G SA? So far never see people posting.

The top i got for Singtel 5G NSA is 1.2gbps too. But haven't got ST 5G SA. Even their gomo or prepaid 5G+ all is NSA only.
More than 1.2gbps On ST. Can’t remember exact. CL hit 1.0xgbps before it stabilised around 900+mbps. Coverage wise is quite funny, some areas if ST strong. CL will be weak. vice versa. With the exception of most malls where both are adequately strong in coverage.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,447
Reaction score
18,612
On which telco? CL?

ignore. scrolled n saw m1 haha. Quite surprised right. M1 like overnight “grown up” with 5G.
Actually its not grown overnight, 3 or 4 years back, I got use M1 5G SA, I tried speedtest inside Jurong Point, can get 1.3gbps.

Now m1 5G is more stable.
 

AMD_Duron

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2000
Messages
664
Reaction score
456
Actually its not grown overnight, 3 or 4 years back, I got use M1 5G SA, I tried speedtest inside Jurong Point, can get 1.3gbps.

Now m1 5G is more stable.
Never had that speed before and coverage was spotty, ported out quickly back then. Good to see huge improvements.
 

AMD_Duron

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2000
Messages
664
Reaction score
456
What is his record. But this record is on 5G SA Single band.

Unlike singtel 5G NSA which combines so many bands to make that speed.
Would be interesting to see real world peak bandwidth of 5G NSA vs SA between the various telco.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,447
Reaction score
18,612
Would be interesting to see real world peak bandwidth of 5G NSA vs SA between the various telco.
if only, we have a real-world, real-user test, neutral party test.

Get someone to test out 5G SA from the 4 telcos, using same handset, same location and see who fares the best. Maybe HWZ can do some reviews report and show us?
 

AMD_Duron

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2000
Messages
664
Reaction score
456
I recall reading someone's blog quite a while back when they were testing the speed with different phones, plans and locations, need to dig, but it was quite useful.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top