Compact Cameras or mirrorless camera

thattragedy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you want to do with your camera:

- Just for holiday and let it collect dust later: Use phone or compact camera

- For holiday and maybe plans to do photography as a hobby: Invest in the Sony cameras as stated. One thing is you can invest in lenses for clearer photos. But buy lenses based on what you want to shoot.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
but now a day, compact camera also not cheap

decent one i also has but i think the low light is something i dont like.. so i want an upgrade

Depends on what you want to do with your camera:

- Just for holiday and let it collect dust later: Use phone or compact camera

- For holiday and maybe plans to do photography as a hobby: Invest in the Sony cameras as stated. One thing is you can invest in lenses for clearer photos. But buy lenses based on what you want to shoot.

Last edited:

Unclemun

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nowadays got 7artisan and Viltrox. Both got support Fujifilm and Sony

Personally i using 7artisan 35mm f1.2. No need adaptor. Cheap cheap less then $200

Now waiting for Viltrox 85mm f1.8 mk2... Viltrox can simulate AF... no need manual focus.

Yup. quite a few more brands to choose. I am ok doing manual focus. Or DMF. I have decided to stop buying lenses as this is an expensive hobby.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Indeed... during my canon days, my most expensive lens is carl zeiss 21mm.. cost me neary $3k! Sold at big loss also when i downsize to mirrorless.

These days i tried not to splurge too much on lenses... will look for good value manual lenses instead.

Although the dark temptation of owning a leica is ... 🤭

Yup. quite a few more brands to choose. I am ok doing manual focus. Or DMF. I have decided to stop buying lenses as this is an expensive hobby.

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys check out Harvey Norman's online sale. I got my X100V at $1893 and it's shipped directly from Fujifilm Singapore.. Lol. I think that's a damn good price!

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
It's currently at $2040.60 after a 5% discount. Pay with a Citibank card and key in promo code to get additional $40. I got it yesterday morning when it was on promotion at 10% off. No longer 10% already - back to 5% discount now.

shockingpants

Reaction score
Mirrorless! If you are going to spend $ on a separate camera from your phone, you should make it a good one. I am a fan of Fuji for the optimal value, features, and weight, but any mirrorless will do!

lhspeanut

Reaction score
You can also go for a used x-e3 with xf23mm f2. You can get it new very cheaply too since x-e4 was just announced.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.