Folks,
need clarification on the following...
Assuming I'm turning 55 this year, and the current cpd accounts are as follows:
OA $275
SA $147,000
MA $29,000
and I own a 3 rm hdb bought in 1978 by my parents and transferred to me on 2018.
In view that I'm unable to hit FRS, am I right to assume that:
1. $99,400 of SA will be transferred to RA for BRS
2. I can pledge my 3 rm flat for $99,400 to make up to FRS
3. I can withdraw (SA+OA)-$99,400 = $47,875
4. When payout begins at 65, I'll be receiving the payout amount for FRS?
Comments please....
Everyone can withdraw at least 5k at 55, this amount will be set aside first in your OA, then the rest of the balances in SA/OA (if below FRS) will be transferred to RA.
If you wish to withdraw your RA down to BRS, you must have qualified property to pledge/charge.
{What kind of property must you own to make the withdrawal?
1. A Singapore property -The property you own must be in Singapore.
2. Lease which lasts you up to age 95 - The remaining lease on your property must last you up to at least age 95. }
There 2 categories or types of members with property to pledge/charge. The following is extracted from CPFB website:
{1. If you have used CPF savings for your property:
You can withdraw your savings without providing additional documents as long as the retirement sum you set aside after the withdrawal, plus the CPF savings you have used for the property including the accrued interest, is enough to make up your Full Retirement Sum (FRS).
When you sell your property, the CPF savings you used to pay for it, including accrued interest, will be refunded to your CPF account. This will restore your retirement sum and payouts.
2. If you used none to little CPF savings for your property
If you did not use CPF savings for your property or if the CPF savings used for the property amount is low, you can still make a withdrawal down to the BRS, by pledging to refund the amount withdrawn when you sell or transfer your property.
The withdrawable amount is subject to additional assessment, such as the current value of the property, the outstanding loan, and co-owners' share. To preserve your savings and safeguard your retirement, withdrawals from your Retirement Account can only be made if the sale or transfer of your property restores the retirement sum and payouts.}
Are you Cat1 (generally known as charge) or Cat2 (generally known as pledge) member with a qualified property?
{ } extracted from CPFB website