CPF Life - Standard Plan

KnyghtRyder

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2002
Messages
19,123
Reaction score
3,806
At 55, RA will be created and BRS amount will be transferred to it, assuming you can pledge property. Then the 100k will be transferred to OA. And yes, you can withdraw this 100K from OA.
Nope. Top ups are reserved.
 

y2k_tay

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2001
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
211
Touchwood ask only hor......what happened if keechia between 55yo to 65yo or after cpf life is deducted? Touchwood.....just asking only.....
 
Last edited:

iceblendedchoc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2016
Messages
23,315
Reaction score
10,080
Touchwood ask only hor......what happened if keechia between 55yo to 65yo or after cpf life is deducted? Touchwood.....just asking only.....
before your payout start, full bequest included interest compounded to your family or relatives if you have no family , no relatives then it goes to government.
after cpf life started payout then it will be whatever amount left after deducting your payout received but no compound interest will be paid
 

eggie011

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2020
Messages
26,705
Reaction score
11,647
correct me if I am wrong.
if ts chooses the standard plan at 65yo instead of 55yo:
1. his Ra will be deducted only at 65yo
2. his Ra will receive compound int
3. the Ra compound int over 10 years is about $150k
4. his mthly payouts at 65yo will be much more
Correct. But at 55, you can't choose standard plan. You meant FRS?
 

yokine3a

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
19,130
Reaction score
13,438
Assuming at age 55, I chose to top up to full ERS max.

1) Can I still continue to top-up RA at age 56, 57 etc since the max ERS will increase every year? Or will the compounded interest fill the gap to max ERS amt year on year?

2) Given that there’s no need for me to leave so much cash for my family as they are already well taken care of, it is better for me to top up to ERS max at age 55 and then choose the standard plan (whether at age 65 or 70), correct?
1. Compounded interest not included in the max ERS you can top up to.
 

eggie011

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2020
Messages
26,705
Reaction score
11,647
@wutawa Can't quote you msg.

But I chose standard plan at 65. You do know I'm 65 now, right?
I said I chose to start at 65 because I could start anytime between 65-70.
 
Last edited:

Optrex

Master Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
4,808
Reaction score
3,280
choose standard plan means game over already unless u live till an old ripe age.... MIW is very sly to call it basic and standard plan.... most will just take standard since it is called "standard".....


Read HWZ Forum Rules!
 

KnyghtRyder

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2002
Messages
19,123
Reaction score
3,806
correct me if I am wrong.
if ts chooses the standard plan at 65yo instead of 55yo:
1. his Ra will be deducted only at 65yo
2. his Ra will receive compound int
3. the Ra compound int over 10 years is about $150k
4. his mthly payouts at 65yo will be much more
How you choose standard plan at 55?
 

wutawa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2003
Messages
13,409
Reaction score
4,413
@wutawa Can't quote you msg.

But I chosed standard plan at 65. You do know I'm 65 now, right?
I said I chosed to start at 65 because I could start anytime between 65-70.
oops, I understand now. I misread your 1st post. it is a timeline/event from 55 to 65. therefore u still received the Ra compound int from 55 to 65.
 

SaGu

Master Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2002
Messages
3,397
Reaction score
114
choose standard plan means game over already unless u live till an old ripe age.... MIW is very sly to call it basic and standard plan.... most will just take standard since it is called "standard".....


Read HWZ Forum Rules!

sagu reveals the beautiful mystery of CPF Life and it is actually quite simple 🤫


At around age 84, the accumulated monthly payouts would be about equal to your age 65-70 RA amount …….

And for those on Standard Plan and still living, they continue to receive their monthly payout which at about age 88, the accumulated monthly payout would be equal to their age 65-70 RA amount plus (pooled) compounded interests. After about age 88 and still living, they will continue to receive their monthly payout from the common interests pool from other Singaporeans until they pass on.


Or for those on
Basic Plan, and still living, they continue to receive their monthly payout which at about age 92, the accumulated monthly payout would be equal to their age 65-70 RA amount plus their own (non-pooled) compounded interests. After about age 92 and still living, they will continue to receive their monthly payout from the common interests pool from other Singaporeans until they pass on.



#saguwisdom :vijayadmin:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top