CPF Life - Standard Plan

shodan99

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2001
Messages
6,536
Reaction score
3,260
Lucky never test on CPF for national exams. I think everyone will fare badly. It's just too complicated with too many rules...
its complicated cos everyone's situation is different. The fact that they can distill it to this stage is already very good liao. As for me, when the time comes, I'll just take some time to go visit CPF office to clarify whatever doubts I have. its better this way rather than tia gong here tia gong there and form your own inaccurate conclusions.
 

Elfblade

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2001
Messages
30,725
Reaction score
5,642
Very interesting chat. I've hit FRS on my SA alone this year, contemplating on using my OA to achieve ERS. I am 47 and still have 8 years ahead of me. Am pretty sure I will hit ERS by 55 but not yet decided on whether to go for FRS or ERS.
 

xdivider

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2000
Messages
60,297
Reaction score
18,803
Very interesting chat. I've hit FRS on my SA alone this year, contemplating on using my OA to achieve ERS. I am 47 and still have 8 years ahead of me. Am pretty sure I will hit ERS by 55 but not yet decided on whether to go for FRS or ERS.
In theory u can spend the oa at frs rate from age 55 til 65, eliminating the 10 yr wait....
 

Elfblade

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2001
Messages
30,725
Reaction score
5,642
In theory u can spend the oa at frs rate from age 55 til 65, eliminating the 10 yr wait....
This is a very good suggestion!! FRS for 2026 is at $220,400 thus ERS is $440,800. Based on 3.5% yearly increase for both FRS & ERS, the projected amount in 2034 should be around $290,200 and $580,400. WTF man, more half a Mil for ERS in 2034!!!

If I have these amounts by 55, I can pledge FRS and start withdrawing the rest. $290K divide by 10 years divide by 12 months = $2.4K / month. After depleting my OA and reaching 65, my CPF Life will take over and pay me around $1.8K / month for the rest of my life.

I can effectively retire at 55 if I lead a frugal life. :o
 

eggie011

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2020
Messages
26,635
Reaction score
11,598
Today 2nd Sep liao, have you gotten your payout TS, and if yes how much per month? :s12:
@Hello_Kitty @coyote

I was wrong! They actually started the payout already. It's $1171.51. But the money is not in my bank account yet.

This is the screenshot from my retirement dashboard. Have to login to the website to see.

 
Last edited:

Hello_Kitty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2000
Messages
31,508
Reaction score
15,331
@Hello_Kitty

I was wrong! They actually started the payout already. It's $1171.51. But the money is not in my bank account yet.

This is the screenshot from my retirement dashboard. Have to login to the website to see.


i wonder if you need to login monthly to withdraw from CPF into your bank???

if it has auto credit into the bank, it will be better
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
50,383
Reaction score
25,314
if already hit FRS at 55 and RA was created.
is it wise to continue to top up RA? so to get more cpf life monthly payout at 65 ?

If you have the spare money n not gonna need it, the earlier you top up, the more compound interest you will gain.
My mum had only $10k in her RA at 65 and got payout of $45 nia
It was only when she top up $220k into her RA at 67, then she received $960 FRS/escalating

Had she hit FRS of $123k in 2010, then she also no need to top one lump sum of $220k but ok lah, that was part of the sale proceeds of her 4R flat



Those who said top up to CPF is dumb, imagine my mum could have squandered all the $220k within 10 years after payout
Her so-called good friend wanted to borrow $30k from her ,mum wanted to lend her but I stopped her since her OA had $50k nia,even her God son came over to her place to analyze it
No yet. Should be tomorrow. I think it's exactly 7 days after they enrol you in CPF Life that payout starts. So it's 3rd of the month and every month thereafter.
i wonder if you need to login monthly to withdraw from CPF into your bank???

if it has auto credit into the bank, it will be better
Auto credit

My mum's birthday is in Aug anyway

sagu suggest the monthly payout will be credited on Friday, every 4th working day of the month 😎



#saguwisdom :vijayadmin:

You anyhow nia

Just increased payout




base on Y2026, FRS is 220,400. At Y2036 which is age 65, CPF life monthly payout is 1640 to 1780.
Do you all think that this amount of FRS payout is enough for retirement at Y2036? Even now at Y2026 also not enough.
2026 Sum Set Aside at 55Estimated Monthly Payout at Age 65
BRS ($110,200)$890 – $950
FRS ($220,400)$1,640 – $1,780
ERS ($440,800)$3,180 – $3,440
$1780 is like the lower end of FRS escalating payout in 2045 but I still find it manageable even for 2, just that no money to buy gadget, that is why I am aiming for ERS
 

weiess

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2010
Messages
19,270
Reaction score
9,148
My mum had only $10k in her RA at 65 and got payout of $45 nia
It was only when she top up $220k into her RA at 67, then she received $960 FRS/escalating
meaning one can top up even after the cpf life start rolling..
only thing is getting less due to the RA top up interest not taken into account..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top