Dash EasyEarn

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How bro?, Overnight 12-month MIBOR now 3.39%. Unlikely u can get an instrument in india that is risk free at 7%. PLUS the FX depreciation may wipe out all ur gaind and eat into your capital.

Standard Chartered bank offers like 5.6% for 18 months.

https://www.sc.com/in/deposits/interest-rates/#sc-lb-module-fee-and-rate-5

This is a safe bank. But there are smaller banks that offer like 7%. Currently there is a lot of perception of high risk in smaller banks and they need to offer higher rates to attract deposits, so rates are high. But I dont keep a lot of money in them, more like less than 5% of my networth.

The central bank of India typically doesnt let bank depositors lose money, like in the case of the recent LVB bank that got merged with DBS bank, the bond and equity holders got wiped out but deposit holders got bailed.

FX depreciation is indeed a risk. But I monitor India macros, FX reserves, trade deficit etc and currently they all look okay.

Disclaimer: I am an EP holder from India, so I will eventually have to return to India and that will be my place of retirement, so INR is my base currency. So, that is a bit of a hedge, but I also wouldnt convert to INR, if the macros look bad.

Last edited:

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Standard Chartered bank offers like 5.6% for 18 months.

https://www.sc.com/in/deposits/interest-rates/#sc-lb-module-fee-and-rate-5

This is a safe bank. But there are smaller banks that offer like 7%. Currently there is a lot of perception of high risk in smaller banks and they need to offer higher rates to attract deposits, so rates are high. But I dont keep a lot of money in them, more like less than 5% of my networth.

The central bank of India typically doesnt let bank depositors lose money, like in the case of the recent LVB bank that got merged with DBS bank, the bond and equity holders got wiped out but deposit holders got bailed.

FX depreciation is indeed a risk. But I monitor India macros, FX reserves, trade deficit etc and currently they all look okay.

but incur foreign currency conversion fees and risk of currency value decrease.

lucky_

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has specifically answered this and I missed it out whilst scrolling the forum pages.. I'm new to this policy so would like to clarify something:

If one were to make a full surrender of the Dash Easyearn policy, must it be still be in multiples of $100 or is it possible to get the full sum back? e.g. if the amount inside is $20,360 after 1 year, are we only able to get back only $20,300 even with a full surrender of the policy? Thanks !

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has specifically answered this and I missed it out whilst scrolling the forum pages.. I'm new to this policy so would like to clarify something:

If one were to make a full surrender of the Dash Easyearn policy, must it be still be in multiples of $100 or is it possible to get the full sum back? e.g. if the amount inside is $20,360 after 1 year, are we only able to get back only $20,300 even with a full surrender of the policy? Thanks !

Everything.

But not sure about the floating interest

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

full sum.

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
have anyone withdraw or surrender this policy?
how long it hit our bank account from the withdrawal or surrender date?

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have anyone withdraw or surrender this policy?
how long it hit our bank account from the withdrawal or surrender date?

I have withdrawn using Paynow, the funds were credited to my account immediately. Haven't closed the account yet.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how long do it take to open this account? after transfer of 2k for a start , need 1 week or longer to verify?

blueboat

Reaction score
How to top up 20k at a go? I initially selected 2k to test the platform and now I want to increase it to more than 2k but it says max top up is now 0...

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
How to top up 20k at a go? I initially selected 2k to test the platform and now I want to increase it to more than 2k but it says max top up is now 0...

If u alr have 2000, u can only top up 18000 next. U cannot top 20k

Posted from PCWX using SM-G965F

blueboat

Reaction score
Oh yes, that's why I meant, trying to top up 18k to make 20k. Was having issues last night when the app said my max top up was $0 but just this morning, it was changed to 18k. Sorry for the trouble!

Hardware4455

Reaction score
I just topped up 15k into easyearn.

However when I am playing around the max amount of withdrawal is 14900, understand there is 70 cents charge hence affecting the withdrawal amount but withdraw to dash has no charges, it also show as 14900.

Is there any reasons of the missing $100?

TsukiSG

Reaction score

However when I am playing around the max amount of withdrawal is 14900, understand there is 70 cents charge hence affecting the withdrawal amount but withdraw to dash has no charges, it also show as 14900.

How can you withdraw $15000 to Dash wallet?

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score

I believe for dash is a glitch. The max value u can hold is $3000 if ur account has been verified. So any additional value above $3000 should either not go thru, or it may just goes MIA or stuck somewhere and you might have a long time for them investigate or what, nobody knows.

As for the value, believe you need to keep at least $100 in the account to keep the account alive (similar to Singlife account). But take note that average daily balance has to be above $2k in order to earn interest.

Posted from PCWX using SM-G965F

Hardware4455

Reaction score
For those who had surrender the policy how long does it takes to process? I saw that must contact etiqa to surrender and withdrawal full amount. Not talking about withdrawal

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.