DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

Niaoson

Master Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
4,308
Reaction score
6
Any idea how long it takes for POSB Invest Saver transactions to be tracked under the Bank and Earn page? Deduction successfully done on 15 Jan but still not tracking until now..
 

lindseymin

Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2017
Messages
162
Reaction score
1
Hi, which DBS credit card has cheapest fee if I just want to use and spend less than $10 each month, cause I'm using UOB one also (which means all the spending is on UOB).


Also I read some users say if DBS cant waive the annual fee, we can cancel card? can help me understand if this is correct?

If I use the card, and when its time to pay for that annual fee, I call to ask for waive fee. But if they dont allow cause I rarely use this card, then I just cancel the card? Like this will I need to pay the annual fee after i cancel?
If cancel card, can reapply the SAME credit card or not?


sry if its a noob question, my first time applying for credit card.
 

hyperbole

Master Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
3,938
Reaction score
209
Hi, which DBS credit card has cheapest fee if I just want to use and spend less than $10 each month, cause I'm using UOB one also (which means all the spending is on UOB).


Also I read some users say if DBS cant waive the annual fee, we can cancel card? can help me understand if this is correct?

If I use the card, and when its time to pay for that annual fee, I call to ask for waive fee. But if they dont allow cause I rarely use this card, then I just cancel the card? Like this will I need to pay the annual fee after i cancel?
If cancel card, can reapply the SAME credit card or not?


sry if its a noob question, my first time applying for credit card.

Annual fee is always charged for next year, so if you cancel the card the charges will be waived. You can request for waiver for all banks except OCBC.
 

Stallone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
21,643
Reaction score
88
Annual fee is always charged for next year, so if you cancel the card the charges will be waived. You can request for waiver for all banks except OCBC.
how abt amex krisflyer card? u think can waive?
 

lindseymin

Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2017
Messages
162
Reaction score
1
Annual fee is always charged for next year, so if you cancel the card the charges will be waived. You can request for waiver for all banks except OCBC.

Erm, then after cancel the card, then apply back same card huh? so like this no need pay fee yearly?
 

vegavega25

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2016
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
127
POSB Invest Saver vs. others

I am just trying to understand what the attraction is to invest via the POSB Invest Saver route vs any other regular RSP (regular savings plan).

Is it basically that (1) there are 2 funds offered through POSB Invest Saver meaning that we don't need to search through hundreds of funds ourselves, (2) these are two ETFs, and (3) the minimum amount to buy-in is S$100 to start with, as opposed to S$1000 in most other funds?
 

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
9,903
Reaction score
25
opened my DBS Multiplier on 29 Dec :(
but no $20 cash gift :/

there's no further bonus with more than 2 categories right? (CC + Investment)
 

sharinganez

Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
142
Reaction score
2
how come everyone is rushing in to open multiplier acc?
if u have max $ (70k OCBC vs 50k DBS) in saving account, OCBC 360 still producing more interest $ right?
 

hyperbole

Master Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
3,938
Reaction score
209
how come everyone is rushing in to open multiplier acc?
if u have max $ (70k OCBC vs 50k DBS) in saving account, OCBC 360 still producing more interest $ right?

Are you using the extra 20k put in OCBC to say there's more interest? The 20k could be put elsewhere
 

sharinganez

Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
142
Reaction score
2
Are you using the extra 20k put in OCBC to say there's more interest? The 20k could be put elsewhere

im currently with 360 now, $ well park inside..
still thinking whether wan to switch or not
any advise where to put the extra 20k if i switch it to dbs?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top