DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
Yes i did, but i don't understand.

Is etf = rsp? Lol

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
RSP = Regular Savings Plan, it is like a "tool" to help you to invest (not exactly "savings") into Unit Trust or Exchange Traded fund.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,830
Reaction score
2,776
just wondering, for the invest-saver promotion (up to $125 cashback), does anyone recall there's a similar one before that? i.e. before 1 November.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,830
Reaction score
2,776
Has been recurring.

that's what I thought I saw, too. so if there was an earlier cycle, anyone has the terms and conditions? i signed up for RSP in October so I was wondering if I should be expecting some cashback as well.

or do I have to call the bank to ask...
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
that's what I thought I saw, too. so if there was an earlier cycle, anyone has the terms and conditions? i signed up for RSP in October so I was wondering if I should be expecting some cashback as well.

or do I have to call the bank to ask...
the T&Cs are usually the same. just the payment date different.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,830
Reaction score
2,776
The calculation is blending of POSB Cashback Bonus with ELASTIQ. It is additive since you do not need to keep balance in DBS.

thanks for the detailed explanation. think I will change to cashback bonus after my bonus comes in in March (which should bump up a tier or two).

or as and when dbs cut their rates for multiplier again :(

probably the good thing is I can still refund my CPF, so at least there's the 2.5% :o
 

snowman80

Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2019
Messages
109
Reaction score
9
Hi, sorry to ask if I switch from DBSM to POSB Cashback account, do I still need to inform my company HR to change the salary credit account? Or I can leave the existing Salary credit arrangement(credit into DBSM account)? Any credit card spending of any of my POSB/DBS credit card will count right? Just I have to setup RSP as the one under DBSM is no longer counted.. same for insurance(bought before opening Cashback acc is not counted right) . Thanks
 

X18

Master Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2003
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
3
Hi, sorry to ask if I switch from DBSM to POSB Cashback account, do I still need to inform my company HR to change the salary credit account? Or I can leave the existing Salary credit arrangement(credit into DBSM account)? Any credit card spending of any of my POSB/DBS credit card will count right? Just I have to setup RSP as the one under DBSM is no longer counted.. same for insurance(bought before opening Cashback acc is not counted right) . Thanks

Don't need to change the salary credit account. Your existing salary credit arrangement will be recognized by POSB Cashback Bonus program.

Yes you need to setup a new RSP for the investment category. Previous RSP under DBS Multiplier will not be recognized for POSB Cashback bonus.
 

snowman80

Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2019
Messages
109
Reaction score
9
Thanks for your reply.

Don't need to change the salary credit account. Your existing salary credit arrangement will be recognized by POSB Cashback Bonus program.

Yes you need to setup a new RSP for the investment category. Previous RSP under DBS Multiplier will not be recognized for POSB Cashback bonus.
 

xiaosinsinful

Banned
Joined
Sep 6, 2011
Messages
23,527
Reaction score
13,172
Can anyone clarify

If you change to Cashback ,your multiplier will become a normal myaccount but account no. will not change. Can still continue to credit to this account as per usual.

Need to create a new RSP from that is diff from Multiplier rsp. + salary credit and min $0.01 CC spend to get Cashback?

Let’s say interest rate increase , we can switch back to multiplier?
 

TsukiSG

Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2020
Messages
240
Reaction score
23
Can anyone clarify

If you change to Cashback ,your multiplier will become a normal myaccount but account no. will not change. Can still continue to credit to this account as per usual.

Need to create a new RSP from that is diff from Multiplier rsp. + salary credit and min $0.01 CC spend to get Cashback?

Let’s say interest rate increase , we can switch back to multiplier?
Yes.

Choose at least 3 from 5 categories: Salary Credit, Credit Card Spend, Home Loan Instalments, Insurance, Investments. Insurance and/or investments must be new one purchased after joining POSB Cashback Bonus

Yes. You can convert your My Account to Multiplier or open a new Multiplier Account.
 
Last edited:

lucky_

Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2019
Messages
160
Reaction score
14
Yes.

Choose at least 3 from 5 categories: Salary Credit, Credit Card Spend, Home Loan Instalments, Insurance, Investments. Insurance and/or investments must be new one purchased after joining POSB Cashback Bonus

Yes. You can convert your My Account to Multiplier or open a new Multiplier Account.

I recently converted to POSB Cashback, my Bank and Earn summary seems to have disappeared. Is there a similar tracking system for POSB Cashback? TIA!
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
I recently converted to POSB Cashback, my Bank and Earn summary seems to have disappeared. Is there a similar tracking system for POSB Cashback? TIA!
yes there is, not sure when the tracker will switch though
 

tytyty333

Member
Joined
May 28, 2020
Messages
261
Reaction score
22
Anyone knows, if set up a new RSP for cashback, when will it be effective.

Set up today, can invest on Jan 15?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Anyone knows, if set up a new RSP for cashback, when will it be effective.

Set up today, can invest on Jan 15?

so long you applied RSP after set up POSB cashback bonus. If apply today, first deduction should be on 15 Jan
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top