DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

len555

Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2019
Messages
220
Reaction score
2
For invest saver, it's recognized only for the first 12 months per fund for the investment cat. So I just reached that for ABF, so I setup one of the Nikko also early this Jan. I don't need to close the ABF right, since I open a new one this one should qualify alright?
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
For invest saver, it's recognized only for the first 12 months per fund for the investment cat. So I just reached that for ABF, so I setup one of the Nikko also early this Jan. I don't need to close the ABF right, since I open a new one this one should qualify alright?

Don’t need if your wish to continue to invest in ABF.

If you want to reuse ABF again after 12 months, you need to cancel it and redeem at least 6 months before setting it up again
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,830
Reaction score
2,776
Me too, even though my eAdvice is active... waste paper.... maybe system glitch

i'm not sure if their system is reliable. I didn't get the eAdvice for one of my funds' dividend reinvestment which I usually get on 3rd or 4th of month.

it's already 21st today.

thankfully I have been tracking the number of units I have and tallied to ensure that the reinvestment was done and units were added to my existing amount.
 

yiron

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2003
Messages
25,121
Reaction score
2,454
PSA - those who start doing RSP in Feb 2020 to clock the investment category, it's time to start a new ticker since Jan 2021 is the last month of the 12 months eligibility.

Set up RSP for the new ticker (A35/MBH relatively lower risk) before 15 Feb so that it deducts on 15 Feb and clocks the investment category.
 
Last edited:

len555

Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2019
Messages
220
Reaction score
2
PSA - those who start doing RSP in Feb 2020 to clock the investment category, it's time to start a new ticker since Jan 2021 is the last month of the 12 months eligibility.

Set up RSP for the new ticker (A35/MBH relatively lower risk) before 15 Feb so that it deducts on 15 Feb and clocks the investment category.

Yep, did mine early. Are you guys closing your old one? (my old one ABF is on negative but then there's that Jan dividend payout so its ok)
 

yiron

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2003
Messages
25,121
Reaction score
2,454
Yep, did mine early. Are you guys closing your old one? (my old one ABF is on negative but then there's that Jan dividend payout so its ok)

Yup will close the old one after the new one is up.
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,357
Reaction score
3,713
If I buy shares using Vickers today, should be in time to be clocked in for Jan right ?
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
If I buy shares using Vickers today, should be in time to be clocked in for Jan right ?

Need to settle by 31. Pushing it but maybe can.

If need b&w, go chat with dbs via their live chat on ibanking then screenshot
 
Joined
Mar 6, 2017
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
Noob qn.

I’m currently on POSB savings account (with an active rsp: nikko am). If I switch to multiplier what will happen?

And will the account number be different? Will affect all my giro arrangements?
 

TsukiSG

Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2020
Messages
240
Reaction score
23
Noob qn.

I’m currently on POSB savings account (with an active rsp: nikko am). If I switch to multiplier what will happen?

And will the account number be different? Will affect all my giro arrangements?
Depends how you change.

If change by Switch Bank & Earn Programme, a new Multiplier account will be opened.

If change by DBS Account Conversion, your account will be converted to Multiplier. Account number and GIRO not affected.

Edit: Not sure whether your current account is eligible for conversion, you can check on iBanking https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/support/bank-deposit-autosave-conversion.html

No matter how you change, you need to subscribe to new RSP to be count as 1 category.
 
Last edited:

cassowary18

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2018
Messages
1,819
Reaction score
201
Noob qn.

I’m currently on POSB savings account (with an active rsp: nikko am). If I switch to multiplier what will happen?

And will the account number be different? Will affect all my giro arrangements?

Account number will be different, unless your account is My Account. GIRO arrangements have to change. Of course you can keep the original POSB savings account open and use Multiplier as a savings account. Current RSP will not count towards investment category for Multiplier (must be started after Multiplier account open)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top