DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
surprised you didn't know that it's available in the mobile app all these while.

it'll show something like XXX Fund - (#/12).

same for insurance, also (#/12).
on the mobile app? I think website one don’t have
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
that's strange. only some of us can see?

DBS digibank > Deposits > DBS Multiplier Account > Eligible Transactions > Investment / Insurance

did you click the downward arrow (v) on the right side of the screen? it'll expand to show you the specific product and the sequence (#/12).

Internet don’t have seems like only mobile
 

MrAppleCrumble

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2016
Messages
13,415
Reaction score
557
Guys I just wanna ask. Should I cancel it on 11/12 so I can change to another fund to get my investment catoegry being met? Or cancel on the 12/12 month? Cause it needs time right to take effect

P7Qrh5E.jpg
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,829
Reaction score
2,774
Guys I just wanna ask. Should I cancel it on 11/12 so I can change to another fund to get my investment catoegry being met? Or cancel on the 12/12 month? Cause it needs time right to take effect

if i'm not wrong, you should only cancel on first day of following month which shows 12/12.

say the 12th deduction took place on 15th March, one should cancel on 1st April. the app will show 12/12 by 31st March.

this will avoid the situation where you cancel too early (in same month as 12th deduction) and the system did not manage to reflect the 12th deduction.
 

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
20,318
Reaction score
7,531
a mistake I made so thought of sharing.

RSP deducted on 15 Jan and I cancelled my monthly RSP on 20 Jan.

It was not registered as a "Investment" category thus I called up DBS. I was told I should not have cancelled until it was registered on the system. :(
I think CSO salah lah. Since your RSP already deducted on 15 Jan, why is it not recognised for higher interest? Backroom can do some adjustment even when it is not reflected in B&E summary imho.


Btw, for switching to POSB Cashback Programme, we do the switch after Multiplier Jan Bonus interest credited on 8 Feb and set up a new RSP before 15 Feb deduction. Correct?
 

yiron

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2003
Messages
25,120
Reaction score
2,454
I think CSO salah lah. Since your RSP already deducted on 15 Jan, why is it not recognised for higher interest? Backroom can do some adjustment even when it is not reflected in B&E summary imho.


Btw, for switching to POSB Cashback Programme, we do the switch after Multiplier Jan Bonus interest credited on 8 Feb and set up a new RSP before 15 Feb deduction. Correct?

I also think CSO salah. As long as got deducted for RSP, it should count for that month even if you cancel the RSP thereafter.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,829
Reaction score
2,774
I think CSO salah lah. Since your RSP already deducted on 15 Jan, why is it not recognised for higher interest? Backroom can do some adjustment even when it is not reflected in B&E summary imho.


Btw, for switching to POSB Cashback Programme, we do the switch after Multiplier Jan Bonus interest credited on 8 Feb and set up a new RSP before 15 Feb deduction. Correct?

I also think CSO salah. As long as got deducted for RSP, it should count for that month even if you cancel the RSP thereafter.

I think there's this important point to take note of, from their FAQ:

Q8) My DBS Invest-Saver contribution is not recognised for the month. Why is that so?
Inclusion of the monthly contributions as eligible transactions will cease from the month where there is any failed deduction, or the DBS Invest-Saver is terminated.

i'm not sure if it applies to RSP but well, I think to be safe it is better to terminate only at the start of the following month.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
if i'm not wrong, you should only cancel on first day of following month which shows 12/12.

say the 12th deduction took place on 15th March, one should cancel on 1st April. the app will show 12/12 by 31st March.

this will avoid the situation where you cancel too early (in same month as 12th deduction) and the system did not manage to reflect the 12th deduction.

To be safe, after the preferential interest payment. U will still have sufficient time to cancel and switch
 

silverbomb

Master Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
3,945
Reaction score
693
i just switched to cashback scheme now for a few days now. the bank & earn is now changed from multiplier to cashback bonus. but all the categories tracker are showing zero for days.

think i saw this being discussed but just to confirm that for the first mth after converting to cashback bonus, the tracker will show zero but subsequent mths going fwd will be accurate and showing the correct spendings on the tracker?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
i just switched to cashback scheme now for a few days now. the bank & earn is now changed from multiplier to cashback bonus. but all the categories tracker are showing zero for days.

think i saw this being discussed but just to confirm that for the first mth after converting to cashback bonus, the tracker will show zero but subsequent mths going fwd will be accurate and showing the correct spendings on the tracker?

need to clock min 3 categories before anything show on tracker
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,829
Reaction score
2,774
My "Preferential rate based on total monthly transactions" dropped 40% for last month with double Eligible Monthly Transactions, time to move on

yes.. time to move on to Singlife (1.5% for first $10k, 1% > $10k).

unless you can clock 3 categories - otherwise it's really not worth staying with Multiplier.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top