Anyone know how the interest rate works exactly?
I received an interest with preferential rate on 07 March for credit card spending and salary deposited in February.
Then comes 31 March, I received an interest with normal rate even though I made credit card spending and have my paycheck banked in for March.
What happened to my interest with preferential rate for the month of March?
Is it because I bank transferred away my salary one day after my company deposited my salary into the account?
Is it because I bank transferred away the interests/cash gift I previously received in the multiplier account?
Or... is it that I have to wait till day 7 of each month before the interest with preferential rate is banked into my multiplier account?
This is getting confusing...
Edited: Nevermind. I've got it. It's written in the fine print.
Higher interest rates are applicable to the S$ balance in your DBS Multiplier Account, up to the first S$50,000. Any amount over and above this will be accorded the prevailing interest rate for that month. Higher interest will be credited in 2 parts:
Base interest at our prevailing interest rate, calculated on daily balances will be credited at month end, and
Preferential interest at the preferential interest rate (which is the higher interest rate less the prevailing interest rate) based on the sum of your eligible transactions with us, calculated on daily balances, by the 7th working day of the following month.