DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

highsulphur

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
77,984
Reaction score
40,470
Just got a call from dbs saying there will be changes to the multiplier account soon.

I can't dujd anything on their website

Anyone else got a call?
 

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
13,394
Reaction score
1,554
Just got a call from dbs saying there will be changes to the multiplier account soon.

I can't dujd anything on their website

Anyone else got a call?
If there are changes to be in effect from next month, they should announce this week already....

Need to know and act soon as my insurance category is into its 12th month this month ....
 

highsulphur

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
77,984
Reaction score
40,470
no wor
what did the person say? Is it an insurance call?
She introduced herself as the new RM even though im not under Treasures. Ask me if im keen to buy investment products which i declined. She then mentioned there will be changes to the multiplier account which i can read online or via email eventually.
 

GameTheory

Member
Joined
May 21, 2020
Messages
392
Reaction score
103
🤔 I wonder what kind of changes. I hope it’s not another hit to the rates or making it more difficult for us
 

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
13,394
Reaction score
1,554
I did a live chat last week and stated my intention to buy a cheap insurance plan to specifically satisfy the insurance category.

The person who spoke to me during the live chat claimed he understood me and asked me to contact him anytime so that we can chat over the phone and confirm. He said I could purchase over the phone and do not need to go meet in person.
 

highsulphur

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
77,984
Reaction score
40,470
I did a live chat last week and stated my intention to buy a cheap insurance plan to specifically satisfy the insurance category.

The person who spoke to me during the live chat claimed he understood me and asked me to contact him anytime so that we can chat over the phone and confirm. He said I could purchase over the phone and do not need to go meet in person.
What did you buy in the end
 

highsulphur

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
77,984
Reaction score
40,470
I realise i can only buy TermProtect on their website through the insurance page (not via login). Is there a min sum insured to qualify for Multiplier? I chose 5 year for 75k and it cost only $11/month. Seems cheap for me
 

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
13,394
Reaction score
1,554
Have not call, but probably repeat what I got last 2 years, ManuProtect Term Lite.
 

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
13,394
Reaction score
1,554
The financial advisor I bought my last 2 policies left DBS, so I resorted to use live chat to find another one ....
 

highsulphur

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
77,984
Reaction score
40,470
Is there any issue buying back the same insurance policy? The officer told me manulife may reject if i buy the same policy as before. Sometimes i dunno what to believe
 

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
13,394
Reaction score
1,554
I wasn't aware. But I think if you cancel a similar policy within the past 1 year, you may have problem getting the same policy again.

Due to the above reason, I maintain 2 policies, so I pay for 2 policies per month, even though only one is valid to satisfy the category. But I still have 2x the coverage.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,305
Reaction score
5,879
I realise i can only buy TermProtect on their website through the insurance page (not via login). Is there a min sum insured to qualify for Multiplier? I chose 5 year for 75k and it cost only $11/month. Seems cheap for me
Don’t think got minimum. Similar to other categories
Is there any issue buying back the same insurance policy? The officer told me manulife may reject if i buy the same policy as before. Sometimes i dunno what to believe
Can just try and see if they reject?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top