DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

silverbomb

Master Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
3,945
Reaction score
693
The only thing now is if they decided to revamp the multiplier and insurance criteria is amended or removed then those who got the plan just for getting interest purpose will be stuck with it or take a hit on the early termination should you decide to surrender.

Try to get a plan that u will at least have use, and not get stuck with something that got no value add in such scenario.
 

highsulphur

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
77,984
Reaction score
40,470
I wasn't aware. But I think if you cancel a similar policy within the past 1 year, you may have problem getting the same policy again.

Due to the above reason, I maintain 2 policies, so I pay for 2 policies per month, even though only one is valid to satisfy the category. But I still have 2x the coverage.
Do you know they renamed some policies and its very confusing?

Also the officer quoted me a Term Lite Renewal policy which wasn't in the list of approved policies for the Multiplier but she told me the list is not updated. Sound like a mess to me
 

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
13,394
Reaction score
1,554
Just insist on what you want that is on the list.

Don't regret later on if you take someone's word if in doubt .....
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,305
Reaction score
5,879
The only thing now is if they decided to revamp the multiplier and insurance criteria is amended or removed then those who got the plan just for getting interest purpose will be stuck with it or take a hit on the early termination should you decide to surrender.

Try to get a plan that u will at least have use, and not get stuck with something that got no value add in such scenario.
if you get like cancer care don't really have early termination fee right.
 

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
20,347
Reaction score
7,577
Do you know they renamed some policies and its very confusing?

Also the officer quoted me a Term Lite Renewal policy which wasn't in the list of approved policies for the Multiplier but she told me the list is not updated. Sound like a mess to me
my current policy is ManuProtect Term Lite (II) (Renewable), fyi.
 

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
13,394
Reaction score
1,554
Still no news on the alleged changes?

I remember its in the guidelines that if there arr any changes in T&Cs, must give at least one month's notice? (I may be wrong about the guidelines though).....
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,305
Reaction score
5,879
Still no news on the alleged changes?

I remember its in the guidelines that if there arr any changes in T&Cs, must give at least one month's notice? (I may be wrong about the guidelines though).....
maybe the telemarketer tried to pull a quick 1
 

vegavega25

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2016
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
127
Still no news on the alleged changes?

I remember its in the guidelines that if there arr any changes in T&Cs, must give at least one month's notice? (I may be wrong about the guidelines though).....
For the interest rate revision effective 1 May 2020 the e-mail came in the aftenoon/evening of 2 April, and for the revision effective 1 August 2020, the e-mail came in the evening of 2 July. Just 2 data points.
 

cassowary18

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2018
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
203
Any changes usually they'll announce on The Burrow fb group first. I'm in there and no announcements so far.
 

alex22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2001
Messages
26,548
Reaction score
7,667
Waiting to see also.
My insurance is 12/12 in july 2021.
Maybe move to their other cashback scheme.
 

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
13,394
Reaction score
1,554
For the interest rate revision effective 1 May 2020 the e-mail came in the aftenoon/evening of 2 April, and for the revision effective 1 August 2020, the e-mail came in the evening of 2 July. Just 2 data points.
Great info..... TQ
 

Rayleigh1

Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2020
Messages
231
Reaction score
36
I was at 11/12 for the insurance category in May and I'm thinking of cancelling my cancercare after June's premium deduction. Intend to do it after the mobile app shows that I've been given credit. Anyone has experience with DBS taking away the credit after cancercare is cancelled although a deduction has already been made earlier in the month?

Edit: Seems like I don't have to get cancercare again.
 
Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,305
Reaction score
5,879
I was at 11/12 for the insurance category in May and I'm thinking of cancelling my cancercare after June's premium deduction. Intend to do it after the mobile app shows that I've been given credit. Anyone has experience with DBS taking away the credit after cancercare is cancelled although a deduction has already been made earlier in the month?
Best is to cancer at the start of the following month.

because they got system limitation if you cancel before the end of that month. They end up not recognising then u need to ask them to manually credit
 

Rayleigh1

Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2020
Messages
231
Reaction score
36
Best is to cancer at the start of the following month.

because they got system limitation if you cancel before the end of that month. They end up not recognising then u need to ask them to manually credit
But i'm hoping to apply for cancercare again this month to get credit for next month's bonus interest and according to the DBS CSO I can only apply for cancercare again after i cancel it. If what the CSO said is true, I will need to cancel and reapply for cancercare again this month.

Edit: Seems like I don't have to get cancercare again.
 
Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,305
Reaction score
5,879
But i'm hoping to apply for cancercare again this month to get credit for next month's bonus interest and according to the DBS CSO I can only apply for cancercare again after i cancel it. If what the CSO said is true, I will need to cancel and reapply for cancercare again this month.
if the final 12/12 deduction is this month (june), then it will be recognise for july.

go read the FAQ to understand better.
 

Rayleigh1

Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2020
Messages
231
Reaction score
36
if the final 12/12 deduction is this month (june), then it will be recognise for july.

go read the FAQ to understand better.
FAQ only explains the relation between inception date and when the customer starts to get credit.

Also, I already counted the number of months I got credit for the cancercare policy which incepted in Jun 2020. It would be 13 months if it gave me credit for july's transactions (with interest payout in Aug).

<removed>
 
Last edited:

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,842
Reaction score
2,778
mind to share which month did you start paying for the cancercare?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top