DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

Newmaxi

Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2018
Messages
105
Reaction score
1
If salary is credited on the last day of the month. Will it be captured on the same month for the DBS multiplier? I noticed the bank and earn take awhile to reflect.
 

tangent314

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jul 26, 2002
Messages
5,136
Reaction score
224
Quoted from here:
Q7) How will my investment in Unit Trusts be recognised?
Lump Sum Investments will be recognised once for each adhoc contribution you make to an investment
fund.
Regular Savings Plans and POSB Invest Saver will be recognised for the first 12 consecutive months when
you make contributions to an investment fund.


Hmm... Looks like I may have to switch from ES3 to A35 for 7 months, then switch back to G3B for another 12 months.


Has anyone came up with any better strategies to work around this?


I don't know about buying a fund just for the sake of that 0.15% p.a interest...


For me it was totally accidental. I bought 2x $25k of ES3 using CPF OA in two consecutive months. I was very surprised when I jumped from 2.2% to 3.5% for those 2 months, especially since the FAQ says that it does not apply to CPF.
 

swordsly

Master Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2008
Messages
3,400
Reaction score
0
Hmm... Looks like I may have to switch from ES3 to A35 for 7 months, then switch back to G3B for another 12 months.


Has anyone came up with any better strategies to work around this?





For me it was totally accidental. I bought 2x $25k of ES3 using CPF OA in two consecutive months. I was very surprised when I jumped from 2.2% to 3.5% for those 2 months, especially since the FAQ says that it does not apply to CPF.

CPF OA counts meh? I thought only cash RSP counts.
 

Meemoosaa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2013
Messages
14,440
Reaction score
6,782
Yeah, it's pretty good. I've been getting 2.2% monthly for the past few months for the 50k deposits. Salary + Credit Card bills + Invest Saver RSP. A couple of months of 3.5% also when I bought some shares through DBS Vickers. Wasn't expecting that but it was nice.

Thanks ! Have you just joined the plan ? How did you got to know about it ? Through their sales/financial team cold call ?

And oh, the online information on RSP is really sparse and it's annoying when they say they can only elaborate on the spot and do not allow us to take any kind of scribbling and reference back.

https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/ibanking/faq/rsp.page
 
Last edited:

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2010
Messages
6,064
Reaction score
20
Buy SSB every month for six months. Then every month will have a little coupon payment coming in. Will last for ten years, even though dbs may stop this account before that.

Hmm... Looks like I may have to switch from ES3 to A35 for 7 months, then switch back to G3B for another 12 months.


Has anyone came up with any better strategies to work around this?





For me it was totally accidental. I bought 2x $25k of ES3 using CPF OA in two consecutive months. I was very surprised when I jumped from 2.2% to 3.5% for those 2 months, especially since the FAQ says that it does not apply to CPF.
 

Lewis.T

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2014
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
0
Buy SSB every month for six months. Then every month will have a little coupon payment coming in. Will last for ten years, even though dbs may stop this account before that.

Am I missing some interaction with the multiplier and SSB? I was under the impression that SSB doesn't contribute in any way to the multiplier.
 

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2010
Messages
6,064
Reaction score
20
SSB coupon will pay into the posb account. Any dividend payment from CDP will be counted as investment. You have to make sure your CDP crediting account is dbs/posb though.

Am I missing some interaction with the multiplier and SSB? I was under the impression that SSB doesn't contribute in any way to the multiplier.
 

Tornesoul

Master Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
3,446
Reaction score
15
Am I missing some interaction with the multiplier and SSB? I was under the impression that SSB doesn't contribute in any way to the multiplier.


dividends are counted. if u alrdy have some stocks w dividends, u can just plug the gap in certain months with SSB
 

vegavega25

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2016
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
127
I too am looking for ways of receiving the 'investment category' bonus in the DBS Multiplier account. I would like to sign up for a RSP through DBS, but keep my monthly investment to a minimum.

If I understand it correctly, the POSB Invest-saver has 2 options which start with a S$100 monthly commitment, the Nikko AM STI ETF and the ABF Singapore Bond Index Fund.

Are there any other unit trust RSPs or programmes by which I can invest just S$100 a month and no more?
 

hwmook

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2002
Messages
25,390
Reaction score
1,786
I too am looking for ways of receiving the 'investment category' bonus in the DBS Multiplier account. I would like to sign up for a RSP through DBS, but keep my monthly investment to a minimum.

If I understand it correctly, the POSB Invest-saver has 2 options which start with a S$100 monthly commitment, the Nikko AM STI ETF and the ABF Singapore Bond Index Fund.

Are there any other unit trust RSPs or programmes by which I can invest just S$100 a month and no more?

Yes, there are many unit trusts which you can invest but there is always an initial investment amount of $1000 before you can do an RSP of $100 every month.
 

machoguy02

Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2010
Messages
227
Reaction score
3
So if me and my partner open our own individual multiplier account,
does owning only one credit card help to fulfil a category? Or must each of us own a credit card?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
So if me and my partner open our own individual multiplier account,
does owning only one credit card help to fulfil a category? Or must each of us own a credit card?

each of you spend on your own principal credit card
 

CyanSupra

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 19, 2005
Messages
38,226
Reaction score
284
How come I only received $1.40 interest for month of May despite having $34k in the account. For May, I have transaction of $4.2k in the salary crediting and credit spending?
 

swordsly

Master Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2008
Messages
3,400
Reaction score
0
How come I only received $1.40 interest for month of May despite having $34k in the account. For May, I have transaction of $4.2k in the salary crediting and credit spending?

That is just your 0.05% interest. It'll take 7 days for the multiplier bonus interest to be credited in.

Taken from here:
Higher interest rates are applicable to the S$ balance in your DBS Multiplier Account, up to the first S$50,000. Any amount over and above this will be accorded the prevailing interest rate for that month. Higher interest will be credited in 2 parts:
base interest at our prevailing interest rate, calculated on daily balances will be credited at month end, and
preferential interest at the preferential interest rate (which is the higher interest rate less the prevailing interest rate) based on the sum of your eligible transactions with us, calculated on daily balances, by the 7th working day of the following month.
 

CyanSupra

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 19, 2005
Messages
38,226
Reaction score
284
That is just your 0.05% interest. It'll take 7 days for the multiplier bonus interest to be credited in.

Taken from here:
Higher interest rates are applicable to the S$ balance in your DBS Multiplier Account, up to the first S$50,000. Any amount over and above this will be accorded the prevailing interest rate for that month. Higher interest will be credited in 2 parts:
base interest at our prevailing interest rate, calculated on daily balances will be credited at month end, and
preferential interest at the preferential interest rate (which is the higher interest rate less the prevailing interest rate) based on the sum of your eligible transactions with us, calculated on daily balances, by the 7th working day of the following month.

I see.
Thanks for the explanation
 

yumyumz

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2012
Messages
719
Reaction score
45
i bought on the 15th, sold on the 17th using "Cash Upfront Account" and saw it reflected in my Bank and Earn on 20th (Sunday)

however when i ask the CSO (asked 3 different CSO) is contra trade considered an eligible investment, all of them said "No"..

if no, then how come it still reflected under my Bank and Earn Summary page :s8:



I only know of $20 cashback for credit card application by existing users and $20 NTUC voucher by end May if you do not call in to use the Hotline service
They counted it so just take it and keep quiet... Ask more and they'll close it soon.

Sent from Xiaomi using GAGT
 

rerear

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
2,055
Reaction score
20
Buy SSB every month for six months. Then every month will have a little coupon payment coming in. Will last for ten years, even though dbs may stop this account before that.

If CDP account isn't linked to DBS Multiplier and instead linked to another DBS savings account, to achieve the above, need to change the linkage to DBS Multiplier? How to change?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top