DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

yiwei

Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2003
Messages
453
Reaction score
125
Similar issue, it was transacted and amt debited on 17 Aug and it is in my holdings but not recognised in MP. Just check with AI, it says RSP min sgd100 and not jp100. If anyone is successful on getting this countered under MP invest, pls share.
please be patient... even sgd rsp not yet recognised, check again on 24/25th
 

royalmix

Master Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2016
Messages
4,255
Reaction score
1,261
please be patient... even sgd rsp not yet recognised, check again on 24/25th
You are the one who recommended others to do it. One reported failed, another still not reflected.

Did you do it and it is still not reflected in BNE?

Mine is already reflected, not jpy of course!
 

hwmook

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2002
Messages
25,387
Reaction score
1,785
My first insurance and investment “renewal” is coming up. This month aug is 11/12 and next month sep would be 12/12.

Just to check if my plan is correct -
Early September (first few days to play safe), I should purchase a new insurance policy (going for protecfirst again) so that it could come into effect and premium could be deducted in Sep, and subsequently be recognised as 1/12 in Oct?

likewise, I should also set up a RSP for a different fund in early September so that that the RSP would be deducted in sep and recognised as 1/12 in Oct?

As for cancellation of the current insurance and RSP, should I submit cancellation in Sep after I see the app recognised 12/12, or should I wait until 1 oct then submit cancellation? This part I not sure.

As for insurance policy cancellation, I can’t find cancellation option in DBS app, I must write in the manulife directly to cancel?

You go to Manulife website, there is form to fill up then send to them through email and they will cancel. Done it twice before a few years ago.
 

yiwei

Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2003
Messages
453
Reaction score
125
You are the one who recommended others to do it. One reported failed, another still not reflected.

Did you do it and it is still not reflected in BNE?

Mine is already reflected, not jpy of course!
FX ones always slower, and for sure I did it.
Your SGD RSP was deducted when? my deducted 15th but tracker updated to 19Aug so not yet reflected lo.
 

royalmix

Master Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2016
Messages
4,255
Reaction score
1,261
FX ones always slower, and for sure I did it.
Your SGD RSP was deducted when? my deducted 15th but tracker updated to 19Aug so not yet reflected lo.
You did it - since when? means not recent or this mth?

Rsp deducted on 15th, standard operating procedure.

Let's wait to see it their JPY RSP is reflected next week.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
Similar issue, it was transacted and amt debited on 17 Aug and it is in my holdings but not recognised in MP. Just check with AI, it says RSP min sgd100 and not jp100. If anyone is successful on getting this countered under MP invest, pls share.
I see a few issues with what you did.

1. did you ask AI for their source?
2. the reply you get from AI is also very much dependent on what you prompt. if you prompt wrong, you get wrong answer.

when did you set the buy date to be? and when did you check your bank and earn?
 
Last edited:

royalmix

Master Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2016
Messages
4,255
Reaction score
1,261
I see a few issues with what you did.

1. did you ask AI for their source?
2. the reply you get from AI is also very much dependent on what you prompt. if you prompt wrong, you get wrong answer.

when did you set the buy date to be? and when did you check your bank and earn?
What issues do you have with all the facts he shared?

1. deducted on 17 Aug
2. not reflected in BNE

Mine already reflected, deducted on 15 Aug, reflected in BNE (yesterday). Per FAQ, "latest" date to reflect in BNE is 25th, date is dependent on which fund house you buy too. Did we not already tell him to wait till next week? Problem - he is worried if it fails, does he have enough time to catchup?

MAI, learn to read to understand, not to argue.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
What issues do you have with all the facts he shared?

1. deducted on 17 Aug
2. not reflected in BNE

Mine already reflected, deducted on 15 Aug, reflected in BNE (yesterday). Per FAQ, "latest" date to reflect in BNE is 25th, date is dependent on which fund house you buy too. Did we not already tell him to wait till next week? Problem - he is worried if it fails, does he have enough time to catchup?

MAI, learn to read to understand, not to argue.
Did you read whether he’s doing this as a retail customer or a treasures customer

are you a treasures customers to know the difference?

AI never say?
 

royalmix

Master Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2016
Messages
4,255
Reaction score
1,261
Did you read whether he’s doing this as a retail customer or a treasures customer

are you a treasures customers to know the difference?

AI never say?

Using AI doesn't help if you can't read for context.

You completely misinterpreted what I wrote and took it out of context! I was simply sharing a real-time update with Yiwei.

MAI, learn to read to understand, not to argue.

B4N!
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
Using AI doesn't help if you can't read for context.

You completely misinterpreted what I wrote and took it out of context! I was simply sharing a real-time update with Yiwei.

MAI, learn to read to understand, not to argue.

B4N!
Dunno who is Yiwei
Dunno what MAI
Dunno what’s B4N

Not sure why you have to be so antagonistic.
 

Euqorab

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2001
Messages
24,904
Reaction score
4,617
Dunno who is Yiwei
Dunno what MAI
Dunno what’s B4N

Not sure why you have to be so antagonistic.
Yiwei is the user who shared the jpy100 investment trick first

:)cheapest is actually to rsp those in jpy, only 80cents

I am curious what is MAI too

as for B4N, I did a simple google it said bye for now… I thought some counter tickers lol
 

Devilsire

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
11,701
Reaction score
4,439
to clear the confusion/worry, i can help to vouch the jpy works (just need patience for it to reflect)

I have existing ETF invest Saver 11/12
registered new jpy buy 13Aug, deduction 17Aug
Multiplier's B&E reflects ETF as usual, and the jpy 1/12 around a week later

Thanks to those whom shared
 
Last edited:

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
9,671
Reaction score
1,382
to clear the confusion/worry, i can help to vouch the jpy works (just need patience for it to reflect)

I have existing ETF invest Saver 11/12
registered new jpy buy 13Aug, deduction 17Aug
Multiplier's B&E reflects ETF as usual, and the jpy 1/12 around a week later

Thanks to those whom shared

is this for Treasures client only ?

or applicable to all ?
 
Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
to clear the confusion/worry, i can help to vouch the jpy works (just need patience for it to reflect)

I have existing ETF invest Saver 11/12
registered new jpy buy 13Aug, deduction 17Aug
Multiplier's B&E reflects ETF as usual, and the jpy 1/12 around a week later

Thanks to those whom shared
@royalmix so what does your AI says about this?
 

yiwei

Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2003
Messages
453
Reaction score
125
to clear the confusion/worry, i can help to vouch the jpy works (just need patience for it to reflect)

I have existing ETF invest Saver 11/12
registered new jpy buy 13Aug, deduction 17Aug
Multiplier's B&E reflects ETF as usual, and the jpy 1/12 around a week later

Thanks to those whom shared
Thank you for sharing your experience! Dont understand why there are people who has to be so antagonistic. Just to update that my SGD RSP has been tracked today (tracker is updated to 20Aug, I dun usually monitor it so closely though), I guess different funds do get reflected at different timings, maybe the one bought by Royalmix is tracked faster than mine...

jpy one will be tracked even slower that's for sure..
 

crashfire

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2003
Messages
2,258
Reaction score
2
If it’s spare cash that would otherwise just sit idle, worth comparing the effective interest rate against other high-interest savings accounts before moving the money.

SingSaver has a comparison of savings accounts
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top