DBS Woman's MasterCard

ska13a

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2015
Messages
1,616
Reaction score
0
The DBS reward points earned from this card expires after 1 year from the earning month.

Reward points earned from Altitude cards have no expiry.

https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/cards/cards-faqs.page

Your DBS Points will expire one year from the quarterly period in which they were earned.

certain mth like 1st and 2nd mth of the quarter, validity would be 1 year and 2 mth or 1 year and 1 mth. anyway no big diff, except it end on per quarter basis.
 

mlam84

Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2008
Messages
377
Reaction score
6
In the redemption page, you will be able to see the points and the month that are going to expire
 

appledabble

Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2013
Messages
270
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the info. Just checked the rewards page. It's indeed broken down into quarterly basis with the points expiry clearly stated for each quarter.
 

the.guru

Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2014
Messages
347
Reaction score
56
Dbs points earned on different DBS cards are pooled together and expiry tracked separately (Woman's card 1year, altitude card no expiry). Paying miles conversion annual fee allow you to convert DBS points to miles unlimited number of times in a year from the point that the fee is paid. The DBS points that expire first will be converted to miles first.

DBS cards does not have negative balance. If there are not enough points for refunded transactions, it goes to 0.
For the bonus 9x points for DBS Woman's Card credited the following month for online transactions, if there are transactions made and refunded transactions, DBS will take the positive amount to award the bonus 9x points the following month. Example: Made transactions of $4000 and there are $2000 refunded transactions, you will get bonus 3600 points.
If there are refunded transactions, no bonus 9x points will be awarded. It will not be reversed.
 

ping255

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2012
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Hi all, I'm planning to terminate my DBS Woman's card soon. However if I terminate, will the points accumulated using this card be voided as well? Should I redeem them before I terminate it? Thanks in advance!
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Hi all, I'm planning to terminate my DBS Woman's card soon. However if I terminate, will the points accumulated using this card be voided as well? Should I redeem them before I terminate it? Thanks in advance!

Need to redeem before terminating. Why u terminating the card btw?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
I see...

Because I find the annual fee is quite high, I have already renewed once so don't think I'm gonna pay S$192.60 again...

Have you tried call in to ask for waiver? Credit card 101, dun even consider paying annual fee if there is no benefit doing so. DBS usually ok to waive annual fee. Must be firm when making waiver request.
 

ping255

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2012
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Have you tried call in to ask for waiver? Credit 101, dun even consider paying annual fee if there is no benefit doing so. DBS usually ok to waive annual fee. Must be firm when making waiver request.

Hmmm I tried to waive last year but was directed to an automated voice call, and my request was rejected in the end. U mean I can speak to a phone operator to ask for waiver? (Sorry for the noob question, am a newbie in this...)
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Hmmm I tried to waive last year but was directed to an automated voice call, and my request was rejected in the end. U mean I can speak to a phone operator to ask for waiver? (Sorry for the noob question, am a newbie in this...)

Last year you did not speak to any phone operator in the process? Yes should try speak to them.
 

ping255

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2012
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Last year you did not speak to any phone operator in the process? Yes should try speak to them.

No everything was automated, in the end I was told to key in my credit card number through the call and a few days later I received a text saying my waiver request was rejected. I guess I will try again this year, if not I will just terminate it.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top