DBS Woman's MasterCard

ska13a

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2015
Messages
1,616
Reaction score
0
Bank can easily clock $$$ back from retailers, but not SMRT lor.

haha how much is from smrt, season pass less than $200 per mth top?
the statement very hard to stand though
so axs can also earn alot of kickback by bank, ic, duno why would they block axs from getting points then, want to further earn from axs perhaps? but if no one use, totally wont earn also.
no idea relationship of payment gateway or merchant enabled on payment gateway to banks though
while the rest on the exclusion can easily be in 4 digit range plus the cap is $2000
 

invisible999

Master Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
3,565
Reaction score
2
Back to the spend categories. Is there any reason while one would pay for online airline tickets with Altitude card vs Woman's?

Assumption is that obviously ticket does not cost >$2000.
 

Allen_C_Sharp

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2013
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
0
When not enrolled with unlimited redemption to miles, and not in a rush to redeem the points.
Altitude points do not expire while woman points will expire pretty fast - 1 year.
 

lavenderblues

Junior Member
Joined
May 27, 2016
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Hi, has anyone enrolled in the DBS frequent flyer programme cancelled the enrollment for the next year? Meaning I pay for year 1, stopped for year 2 and then enrolled again in year 3. I don't have much points left so I was thinking it would be quite a waste of money to continously be enrolled into the programme. Thanks!
 

hclee01

Master Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
4,003
Reaction score
332
Hi, has anyone enrolled in the DBS frequent flyer programme cancelled the enrollment for the next year? Meaning I pay for year 1, stopped for year 2 and then enrolled again in year 3. I don't have much points left so I was thinking it would be quite a waste of money to continously be enrolled into the programme. Thanks!

Yes, you can do that. Just call them when you are nearing into Year 2 to cancel it to avoid the FFP yearly fee. When you are ready to redeem for miles in Year 3 or 4, then complete the form to enrol again.
 

cenvish

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2015
Messages
12
Reaction score
1
hi all i have been looking through the forum and realised that airlines are considered online for most part except qantas. has anybody booked via emirates and gotten 10x rewards? I was thinking of using the promotion as well to get 10% off the airfare.


thank you.
 

n1ck88

Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2016
Messages
160
Reaction score
0
Received an SMS from DBS to say my card was blocked. Called and found out there were multiple transactions made to Google Line.. anyone got this before?

They are replacing the card with whole set of new card details... will the DBS points be transferred to the new card?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Received an SMS from DBS to say my card was blocked. Called and found out there were multiple transactions made to Google Line.. anyone got this before?

They are replacing the card with whole set of new card details... will the DBS points be transferred to the new card?

Yes, points will be transferred
 

purpletoysmum

Senior Member
Joined
May 9, 2013
Messages
1,830
Reaction score
0
29 June: Travel Reservation US
1 July: Saudi Arabia Air

I dont know if its online or not since I didnt make the transactions.
 

invisible999

Master Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
3,565
Reaction score
2
29 June: Travel Reservation US
1 July: Saudi Arabia Air

I dont know if its online or not since I didnt make the transactions.

Clearly your credit card information was leaked out from somewhere. Question was - did you use your card online before such charges and where?

There was a guy here who said his credit card was used to pay thousands of $ for California Franchise Tax board.
 

ska13a

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2015
Messages
1,616
Reaction score
0
anz authorization team such cases is very normal
that one would never imagine it even if no one use the card before
received call after they flagged activity
card was only use ONCE in one of the local big tech companies which many people like to abuse unlimited rewards
 

purpletoysmum

Senior Member
Joined
May 9, 2013
Messages
1,830
Reaction score
0
Clearly your credit card information was leaked out from somewhere. Question was - did you use your card online before such charges and where?

There was a guy here who said his credit card was used to pay thousands of $ for California Franchise Tax board.

I had not used the cards in the past year. In fact, I hadnt even activated one of them. The leak should be from dbs side and only pertaining to the Amex cards. That is not the first time my dbs amex card had been compromised. It had happened more than a year ago and the current card had been the replacement and with a different card number. And I hadnt used it yet.....
 
Last edited:

ska13a

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2015
Messages
1,616
Reaction score
0
I had not used the cards in the past year. In fact, I hadnt even activated one of them. The leak should be from dbs side and only pertaining to the Amex cards. That is not the first time my dbs amex card had been compromised. It had happened more than a year ago and the current card had been the replacement and with a different card number. And I hadnt used it yet.....

from the way of my last reply with the officer, those ppl are advance till doing something similar to brute force attack.
else i will clearly point to the tech company i referring to.
because the card is still in my drawer same state the bank send me, stick to the a4 paper.
 

invisible999

Master Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
3,565
Reaction score
2
I had not used the cards in the past year.
But it does not mean that it was not used online before that.

Target had biggest CC number leak in history AFAIK. Even I received notification that my credit card 'might be affected', but last time I used credit card with them was 8 years ago and was closed/expired long time ago.

In other words, if your credit card information was kept in some database and that database was leaked, then there are plenty of other options trying to get access to the card. See below

In fact, I hadnt even activated one of them. The leak should be from dbs side and only pertaining to the Amex cards.
This is VERY serious accusation I doubt is the case. If true DBS might lose baking license.

I do not believe there was/is any case in first world countries when data got leaked from banks. It was always retailers.

That is not the first time my dbs amex card had been compromised. It had happened more than a year ago and the current card had been the replacement and with a different card number. And I hadnt used it yet.....

Aha, this clarifies a lot. So most likely your previous card number was leaked from some retailer. It was tried to be used immediately, DBS detected and replaced the card.

However, seems crooks were smart as well. Knowing IBAN assignment, they most likely could assume and calculate that only last 4 or 6 digits were changed for every account while billing address would not change. Thy also correctly calculated new card's expiration date based on previous card's expiration date. At the end the only thing they need to do was massive brute force attack. And it apparently worked - they guessed replacement card's number as well.

I do not know what is the best way to handle this situation except to cancel AMEX card altogether and re-apply after 6-9 month.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top