Debt consolidation Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

heirenyagao

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2017
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Hi guys and girls, need some advice, I'm on HZ on my CBS report, but I've never missed my MS payments before and only got to HZ (was at DD) when Citibank decided to close my account even though my last 12 cycles were 'A' with them. Balance accounts are still on A or E/* for the last 12 months.

Can anyone advise if there is anyway to negotiate with Citibank on this as the last 2 cycles even though I have paid my promised sum (more than the minimum they required) to them, the payments are showing up as 'H' on the CBS form.

I've applied with DBS, UOB, Maybank and now pending HSBC on the DCP plan, and I believe this is a factor. My NOA is 45k and my CBS O/S is 56k.
 

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
27,866
Reaction score
30
So far no. OCBC and UOB don't take HH, and I think got cases of approval with HZ due to car insurance issue.
I tried but got rejected...I believe I was the first to try out BOC here...The reason should be my DTI (NOA 69k, debt 100k)...17.39 months

I was wondering if I should try out with SCB since my record with them has been good. SCB and UOB were recommended by the CSO previously..

Hi guys and girls, need some advice, I'm on HZ on my CBS report, but I've never missed my MS payments before and only got to HZ (was at DD) when Citibank decided to close my account even though my last 12 cycles were 'A' with them. Balance accounts are still on A or E/* for the last 12 months.

Can anyone advise if there is anyway to negotiate with Citibank on this as the last 2 cycles even though I have paid my promised sum (more than the minimum they required) to them, the payments are showing up as 'H' on the CBS form.

I've applied with DBS, UOB, Maybank and now pending HSBC on the DCP plan, and I believe this is a factor. My NOA is 45k and my CBS O/S is 56k.

Citibank suddenly closed your account? That's weird.
 

heirenyagao

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2017
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Citibank suddenly closed your account? That's weird.

I guess one of the reasons was I took a temporarily limit increase a year back but took a bit long to pay back, although I didn't miss any payments or paid below the MS.

The letter received only stated "Following a review of your unsecured credit facilities with us..." etc.
 

leong25

Junior Member
Joined
May 14, 2007
Messages
78
Reaction score
8
Fail my DBS today. :(
Should I try BOC as I receive a flyer in my letter box.
He rate is better in calling to request the form or the flyer?
 

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
27,866
Reaction score
30
I guess one of the reasons was I took a temporarily limit increase a year back but took a bit long to pay back, although I didn't miss any payments or paid below the MS.

The letter received only stated "Following a review of your unsecured credit facilities with us..." etc.

Did you update them with your latest income documents?

Fail my DBS today. :(
Should I try BOC as I receive a flyer in my letter box.
He rate is better in calling to request the form or the flyer?

Sorry to hear that bro. What's your ** Score as well as BTI ratio?
 

goenitz33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2007
Messages
15,352
Reaction score
2
I guess one of the reasons was I took a temporarily limit increase a year back but took a bit long to pay back, although I didn't miss any payments or paid below the MS.

The letter received only stated "Following a review of your unsecured credit facilities with us..." etc.

Reckon your account was suspended and then with the temp limit increase resulting in overlimit.

they would want you to clear the overlimit to bring down below your credit limit.

if you had done that it wouldnt be close i reckon.
 

heirenyagao

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2017
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Weird thing is they closed right after I finally cleared the overlimit. :(

I will call them again to discuss, although I am still paying them monthly on our pre-agreed sum.

Reckon your account was suspended and then with the temp limit increase resulting in overlimit.

they would want you to clear the overlimit to bring down below your credit limit.

if you had done that it wouldnt be close i reckon.
 

goenitz33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2007
Messages
15,352
Reaction score
2
Weird thing is they closed right after I finally cleared the overlimit. :(

I will call them again to discuss, although I am still paying them monthly on our pre-agreed sum.

u have to bring it below the overlimit asap once they call u.

or at least agree on a date to clear it.

if u drag too long, they will close it :s22:
 

Centralcoast

Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2017
Messages
278
Reaction score
0
So far no. OCBC and UOB don't take HH, and I think got cases of approval with HZ due to car insurance issue.

Call boc hotline to request for application form but was told to leave down name n contact wait for them to contact. Maybe many applying for boc also
 

heirenyagao

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2017
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Yea they did call me monthly, and have been paying every month as promised to them, oh well, I'll call in again if HSBC doesn't go through with my DCP.

u have to bring it below the overlimit asap once they call u.

or at least agree on a date to clear it.

if u drag too long, they will close it :s22:
 

goenitz33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2007
Messages
15,352
Reaction score
2
OCBC is not called the strongest financial bank for nothing.

they have very low risk appetite
 

Carlingford

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2017
Messages
796
Reaction score
0
Not so fast lah bro..I submit mine on 10 Mar, now still no sound no picture...But to be fair I also nv bother to call up so also not sure on the status..

Full documents sent on 17th, they called me on 20th to confirm and they advised for me to follow up on the 27th (Monday)
 

melbourne10

Senior Member
Joined
May 12, 2010
Messages
975
Reaction score
1
Strongest banks in 2015 - OCBC, DBS, UOB all in top 10.

Just try the foreign banks, remember, sinkies pwn sinkies best.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top