Debt consolidation Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOBIO.sg

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
1,385
Reaction score
2
Hi , my wife wants to take up debt reconsolidation plan but her debts is only 11.1 times of her salary instead of the 12 times. Is there any other solution to it?
 

Lamwm

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2002
Messages
757
Reaction score
1
I have 2 5-year loan from my credit lines plus credit card. The outstanding amount is beyond 12x my last drawn pay. I am curently out of work for 5 months and using my saving to repay my installment while looking for jobs.
I won't be eligible for dcp because I have currently no income. When MAS ruling kick-in, will my term loan be suspended and forced to pay in full? I can't afford to pay in full and not qualified for dcp, what can I do now?
 

Jojodespo

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2017
Messages
589
Reaction score
3
You can PM me for more info on this.

If you go by the normal bank route to apply for Reno loans, it’ll not be possible.

just to check. i am on dcp and is it possible to apply for reno loan from bank?

any issue on getting hdb loan from hdb?

my rating is AA
 

Jojodespo

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2017
Messages
589
Reaction score
3
I think one of the few ways to go about doing this... is to actually take up a balance transfer or pay for something using free 0% installment e.g household items or gym membership (just shooting examples), that will get the total outstanding balance over 12x. But do at your own risk cos even with this, the application is still subjected to banks approval.

Gotta wait 1-2 months for it to reflect on the CBS too so they can cross reference with the total outstanding amount.

Another alternative is to find documentation that computes her salary on the lowest amount. Don’t use latest payslip.

Guys , can anyone help me with this? Thanks!
 

lastweektonight

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2019
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
You may wish to take note that for new property loan, borrowers will be subjected to Total Debt Servicing Ratio ("TDSR") requirements set by MAS. As such, the monthly repayment amount towards the DCP will be taken into the computation for TDSR. Borrowers will need to satisfy

Hope this helps.

Thanks hclee01, happydappy and beenthere.

I have tot it through and I will tell my wife and will intend to use my cash proceeds from the sale of the hdb to pay off my dcp.

But after paying off, im sure my credit rating will still be bad. Will i risk not being able to get the bank loan? Even after i have cleared the DCP?
 

hclee01

Master Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
4,003
Reaction score
332
Thanks hclee01, happydappy and beenthere.

I have tot it through and I will tell my wife and will intend to use my cash proceeds from the sale of the hdb to pay off my dcp.

But after paying off, im sure my credit rating will still be bad. Will i risk not being able to get the bank loan? Even after i have cleared the DCP?

If your payment records have been prompt previously and plus with your fully settled DCP, my personal view is that your chances will be fairly ok to get a housing loan from at least one of the banks. It will also help if part of your housing loan repayment is via your CPF funds. If you have been working in a stable company for the last few years, all these factors will work in your favour.

Best of luck and hope that you can get your dream house soon!
 

loveholic

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2008
Messages
1,544
Reaction score
16
hey all! can i check - DBS is currently disbursing funds to my various credit facilities. But I realised that they pay more than the outstanding amount. so all the different credit cards have like 'surplus' in them. for e.g my AMEX was $6,500+ but the amount paid was $6,790.

what's gonna happen to that extra money huh?
 

TGL1234

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2019
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

Can any kind soul advise if I have a credit rating of AA and owe around 40k, will I be able to work in bank? Namely UOB or SCB
 

TGL1234

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2019
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I’m currently owing 40k and on DCP with Citibank soon, does it affect my chances of working inside a bank namely SCB and UOB. I have never had late payment and my CBS grade is AA with 2000 points
 

Jojodespo

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2017
Messages
589
Reaction score
3
Yes they will over pay.

You must go to the bank and request for them to either cash back to your deposit account (if you have one with them), or ask them for cashier order to take back the balance.

hey all! can i check - DBS is currently disbursing funds to my various credit facilities. But I realised that they pay more than the outstanding amount. so all the different credit cards have like 'surplus' in them. for e.g my AMEX was $6,500+ but the amount paid was $6,790.

what's gonna happen to that extra money huh?
 

Stressfulpie18

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2019
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
I am planning to take dcp or dmp. I got rejected 1x due to my owning is less than 12x mthly salary. Is there a way which I can get the loan?

Owing 45k
Credit report BB, score 1862, probability of default 0.53%.
 

Jojodespo

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2017
Messages
589
Reaction score
3
What’s your current take home salary?
1. In payslip
2. In CPF contribution
3. In NOA / 12

Best way is to the option which gives the lowest monthly salary so your BTI will be higher.

I am planning to take dcp or dmp. I got rejected 1x due to my owning is less than 12x mthly salary. Is there a way which I can get the loan?

Owing 45k
Credit report BB, score 1862, probability of default 0.53%.
 

Smiliez0!

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Generally for accounts that are overdue and/or overlimit, banks may not view this favourably. Especially for accounts that are overlimit (as in your case of $4000), the min amount will include the overlimit amount and 3% of the total outstanding. If you are not able to pay this amount, your account will become overdue and banks may be less willing to extend DCP.

If you really face genuine difficulties in repaying this $4000 overlimit, DMP may be something you may wish to consider. Alternatively, if you are able to get another loan from another bank to cover this $4K overlimit and then re-apply DCP again.

Best of luck.

Hi Bro
I did pay my overlimit of 4000 snd brought it back to limit and my loan was still rejected by Maybank.
 

lastweektonight

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2019
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
If your payment records have been prompt previously and plus with your fully settled DCP, my personal view is that your chances will be fairly ok to get a housing loan from at least one of the banks. It will also help if part of your housing loan repayment is via your CPF funds. If you have been working in a stable company for the last few years, all these factors will work in your favour.

Best of luck and hope that you can get your dream house soon!

Glad to say i have informed my wife about my problem and glad she is supportive of me.

Anyone has any banker contacts from ocbc and hsbc for housing loan? Would like to find out if i can still get the housing loan from them after clearing my DCP (earlier read a post saying some1 was successful in applying from them.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top