DELL STREAK USERS COME IN !!!

surefire888

Master Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2008
Messages
2,564
Reaction score
238
Can the Dell fit comfortably into a trouser pocket? If not, I will hv to look for a 4.3" screen
 
Last edited:

cloudysky

Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
439
Reaction score
0
http://www.sizzledcore.com/2010/10/1...re/#more-10245

Dell launch event happening tomorrow.


"Dell has invited bloggers from countries around for this event. They will be showcasing several laptops i.e Dell Inspiron R, Dell XPS Series, AlienwareM11x, desktops include Alienware Aurora ALX Desktop and Dell Inspiron All-In-One, and will also have Dell Streak and the just announced, Dell Venue Pro (Lightning), powered by Windows Phone 7."
 

Kriscleon

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Froyo

You are most welcome, just wait till steve port it over to cm6, this is going to be awesome. I think by the time dell release 2.2 we might have froyo cm6 running already.

By the way this froyo build is so much faster and with the 30fps limited unlock games run so much smoother.

I would like to upgrade my streak and would appreciate if a guide can be provided.
 

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2001
Messages
12,657
Reaction score
240
http://www.sizzledcore.com/2010/10/1...re/#more-10245

Dell launch event happening tomorrow.


"Dell has invited bloggers from countries around for this event. They will be showcasing several laptops i.e Dell Inspiron R, Dell XPS Series, AlienwareM11x, desktops include Alienware Aurora ALX Desktop and Dell Inspiron All-In-One, and will also have Dell Streak and the just announced, Dell Venue Pro (Lightning), powered by Windows Phone 7."

how come this event is like so quiet? any read in papers or anywhere abt this event...
 

satch

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2000
Messages
8,192
Reaction score
0
in HK now...RRP is HK$5499, but can get between HK$5200-5299 which is around S$867-883
 

satch

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2000
Messages
8,192
Reaction score
0
anyone knows if the streak can be bought at stores in US? will be heading there next week...so hope to hoot one!
 

Kriscleon

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Upgrading the Streak

Updating to (Steve's) 2.2 was confusing but really worth the trouble. Plus Steve's build.prop everything works really nice and smooth!

Glad to see the droids power grow!

6.Open up command line type: fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.alt.img
7.Hold down both the volume buttons and type: fastboot -i 0x413c reboot in command line.
8.In recovery select Software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD Card using volume keys and camera button to select. In the ClockworkMod recovery menu select Software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD Card and then Yes - Install /sdcard/update.zip. Once it's all done select reboot system now.

I m stuck at step 6. Can please advise how do I open a command line.
Thank you
 

freakerknoid

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
6.Open up command line type: fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.alt.img
7.Hold down both the volume buttons and type: fastboot -i 0x413c reboot in command line.
8.In recovery select Software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD Card using volume keys and camera button to select. In the ClockworkMod recovery menu select Software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD Card and then Yes - Install /sdcard/update.zip. Once it's all done select reboot system now.

I m stuck at step 6. Can please advise how do I open a command line.
Thank you

Are you using windows? Have you install dell software driver from dell website?

There's another method which is in my option a more easier one.

NOTE: You should have the Steve's .zip froyo rom in your sdcard now, reason being the original recovery will overwrite the clockwork recovery on reboot in 2.1

After you have download the clockwork recovery unzip it to your desktop

You should now reboot your device in fastmode mode wait for at least 10 sec before you plug in your usb. if everything is working your device should indicate "Fastboot Mode" on the left bottom screen(i guess you should know by now)

Then open your clockwork recovery that you have unzip to your desktop and double click on the files called WINDOWS - double click 'install-superboot-windows.bat.

A cmd box will appear and install the clockwork recovery if its successful your device will show something like recovery install, sorry can't remember the exact words. Take out your battery and insert again straight away boot up by holding power with up, down volume button. From there you can continue with Step 8
 

shonen45

Member
Joined
May 22, 2000
Messages
276
Reaction score
4
I have problem on step 6 now what to do

Do you mean you have problem with this step "Open up command line"?

I guess it is a command line window on Microsoft Windows OS. To get to it, click the "Start" menu on Windows OS, click "Run...". When a small window pops up, type "CMD", and press "Enter".

A black background window should come up.

Hope this helps.
 

dansoh

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
I just got a Streak 2.1 Eclair. I can't seem to get the Dell PC Suite to sync with the Streak. I can only sync with Exchange server via wifi.

I guess thats why Fastboot can't connect through and no Froyo... :(

Any help will be appreciated. I am able to use the microsd card via the sync cable, but unable to sync. PC Suite is all greyed out.


Dan
 

hagenuk

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2000
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
I just got a Streak 2.1 Eclair. I can't seem to get the Dell PC Suite to sync with the Streak. I can only sync with Exchange server via wifi.

I guess thats why Fastboot can't connect through and no Froyo... :(

Any help will be appreciated. I am able to use the microsd card via the sync cable, but unable to sync. PC Suite is all greyed out.


Dan

Did you get the latest version of Dell PC Suite from Dell UK site ?
 

dansoh

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Did you get the latest version of Dell PC Suite from Dell UK site ?

Hi Hagenuk,

I have the 0.0.40 ver. Is there a newer version for the streak. I tried the links found on Dell but the update of the Suite is broken.

I managed to upgrade to DJ 2.2, but found 2 things wierd with it, auto rotate was opposite, ie. when you hold it landscape with chrging port dnwrds, the auto rotate will be upside down. So I have to flip it the other way ie. holding along the buttons side. Also the same Email settings i used for 2.1 didn't / couldn't work with 2.2.

So I decided to bug out and go back to 2.1 instead. Had the worst nightmare with it as the directions were not written well. For those reading looking to downgrade back to 2.1, you can read my update . Hope it can help you. It took me nearly 24hrs to crack this. Sigh, far cry from HTC rom upgrades... and so many to choose from.

Daniel
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top