Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread VI

ds2003

Junior Member
Joined
May 14, 2010
Messages
20
Reaction score
3
Your area reception is good la
Mine is behind a hill so that’s the issue I suspect
I lived in the Pioneer area at Jurong West, and notice only recently there's a significantly signal strength drop.

I have 2 set-top boxes, 1 in my living room (a ukobox STB) for recording those Tamil movies which I love (but which is almost impossible to get from online with good engsub), and 1 draco STB in my bedroom connected to my old non-smart non-digital tv.

Early this month Dec (can't remember exactly which day), my bedroom Draco STB showed a No Signal.... after working for at least a few years with no issue.

Due to previous purchases and subsequently spoilt cheap STB, i have the following antennas,

1) Living room ukobox STB connected to a Funke DSC560, used to be 100% strength and 100% quality... so i seldom check as recordings seem ok but every 10 mins or so, there will be a digital disruption, which I thought is probably due to the STB being a cheapo and and could be due to overheating or resource overloading etc etc... However, after i got the No signal in my bedroom draco STB, my ukobox STB was still working connected to the Funke DSC560 antenna BUT I notice the strength had dropped to 30+% whereas the quality is still at 100% (same location in the living room). Adjusting the antenna's position near the window did not help at all, be it vertically or horizontally, staying at 30+% strength (at most jump to 40+%) for ALL the free sgp channels.

2) My Draco STB was connected to a cheapo antenna (but which can be powered by a USB port). Surprisingly, when I connect my Funke DSC560, my Draco STB is still showing a No Signal , though my ukobox STB works with the Funke DSC560 (but with 30%+ strength only). But my ukobox STB also does not work with the cheapo antenna (in living room and in bedroom).

3) I have a 3rd antenna, the now-mostly-out-of-stock Daiyo EU1702, and guess what, my Draco STB works with the Daiyo EU1702 !! inside my bedroom as per the original arrangement. Strength at 98% and quality at 92%, which is same or similar to what I had in the past when using the cheapo but usb-powered antenna.

4) All other cheapo non-branded antennas, be it standalone and/or USB-powered ones did not work with both my ukobox and draco STBs now when I try connecting them.

Am I right to say that there is definitely a degradation of digital signal in my area? This can be reported on the one service app as suggested by gregory_choo ?
 

gregory_choo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2007
Messages
10,578
Reaction score
2,068
I lived in the Pioneer area at Jurong West, and notice only recently there's a significantly signal strength drop.

I have 2 set-top boxes, 1 in my living room (a ukobox STB) for recording those Tamil movies which I love (but which is almost impossible to get from online with good engsub), and 1 draco STB in my bedroom connected to my old non-smart non-digital tv.

Early this month Dec (can't remember exactly which day), my bedroom Draco STB showed a No Signal.... after working for at least a few years with no issue.

Due to previous purchases and subsequently spoilt cheap STB, i have the following antennas,

1) Living room ukobox STB connected to a Funke DSC560, used to be 100% strength and 100% quality... so i seldom check as recordings seem ok but every 10 mins or so, there will be a digital disruption, which I thought is probably due to the STB being a cheapo and and could be due to overheating or resource overloading etc etc... However, after i got the No signal in my bedroom draco STB, my ukobox STB was still working connected to the Funke DSC560 antenna BUT I notice the strength had dropped to 30+% whereas the quality is still at 100% (same location in the living room). Adjusting the antenna's position near the window did not help at all, be it vertically or horizontally, staying at 30+% strength (at most jump to 40+%) for ALL the free sgp channels.

2) My Draco STB was connected to a cheapo antenna (but which can be powered by a USB port). Surprisingly, when I connect my Funke DSC560, my Draco STB is still showing a No Signal , though my ukobox STB works with the Funke DSC560 (but with 30%+ strength only). But my ukobox STB also does not work with the cheapo antenna (in living room and in bedroom).

3) I have a 3rd antenna, the now-mostly-out-of-stock Daiyo EU1702, and guess what, my Draco STB works with the Daiyo EU1702 !! inside my bedroom as per the original arrangement. Strength at 98% and quality at 92%, which is same or similar to what I had in the past when using the cheapo but usb-powered antenna.

4) All other cheapo non-branded antennas, be it standalone and/or USB-powered ones did not work with both my ukobox and draco STBs now when I try connecting them.

Am I right to say that there is definitely a degradation of digital signal in my area? This can be reported on the one service app as suggested by gregory_choo ?
if you have an amdroid phone or tablet, you can install mwatch. dont have to record anymore, all past program can be found on it.
 

ds2003

Junior Member
Joined
May 14, 2010
Messages
20
Reaction score
3
if you have an amdroid phone or tablet, you can install mwatch. dont have to record anymore, all past program can be found on it.
I wish life is that simple.... I know... I even download all the local shows to watch them offline (and some to keep).... But life is always not that simple.... read my 2nd line....
1 in my living room (a ukobox STB) for recording those Tamil movies which I love (but which is almost impossible to get from online with good engsub)

mewatch no store all the Tamil movies broadcast, and I'm talking about the b&w movies and those in the 80s and 90s..... and don't get me started on Indian movie epics on Indian gods.... 封神榜 and/or 悟空 shows are chicken feed compared to their movie epics....
 

suuhhc

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
1,402
Reaction score
509
My TV also will sometime freeze nowadays (signal drop below 30) & I notice it is mostly when people walk pass my corridor while talking on phone. I believe the 5G network is causing the interference. I use Funke antenna which only got 4G LTE inert which work well in the past but not now with the 5G network growth. Probably need to buy new antenna which can cope with 5G interference.
 

ds2003

Junior Member
Joined
May 14, 2010
Messages
20
Reaction score
3
Good insight.... never thought of interference from 5G signals.....thanks!!
 

AngelRomeo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2024
Messages
9,083
Reaction score
3,507
My Samsung TV recently signal also lost, cant even scan. never even move the anntena before. last time can only recently cannot. but then i can use mewatch since my samsung tv is using tizen OS
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top