Do u overthink? Worry a lot?

0218crawford

Master Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2021
Messages
4,010
Reaction score
2,591
Worry is when u no tink a lot and fail to plan ahead. If u tink a lot, it means u planning ahead. If u plan ahead, v little things to worry cos samma contingencies tot through liao.
 

plaingrain

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2025
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
2,539
Are you a person who thinks a lot? Worry a lot?
Do u realise it or u dont think u r one?
Actually I don't know for sure leh. There are some times in life where simple simple things can cause me to suffer from anxiety attacks, and there are also instances when I worry because of fear of missing out (FOMO). I do think substantially, but that's to help me preempt problems before they arise in life. I'm not sure whether does that qualify me as a "person who thinks a lot".

No, that's siao lang level
I am a diagnosed siao lang with IMH hospitalisation history la.

yes, sometimes I worry too much until fumble to do the things correctly. :(
Something I use a lot on most days, is not thinking or worrying, instead what I call it is "intuition" or "instinct". It's a Scorpio thing, we tend to brood a lot, but when it comes to decision making we rely on "intuition", it's a water element trait. It doesn't mean that I don't worry and don't fear, but instead as my American Zen roshi taught me approximately, "Sometimes we are like our own parents who love to spank ourselves on the fanny. Still, there is one thing that every caring parent knows, and it's the fact that when we bring caring intellect, emotion and attention to bear, right and wrong are set aside."

I worry, I fret, I feel anxious and I fear, but when I put all my mindfulness and awareness to the situation at hand, I am no longer strangled by the views of correctness or wrongness.

Sorry for being long winded, it's been a tense couple of hours for me this Sunday. Had to let go of some stress along the way.
 

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2018
Messages
17,683
Reaction score
5,747
I am an ISFP, very sensitive to the feelings and needs of other people. I’m sensitive, so when I get criticism or high expectations I can sometimes overthink things or doubt myself.
 

Spike

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2022
Messages
41,993
Reaction score
43,731
If the stakes are high, I'll cover all possibilities to ensure that the pieces on the board move as planned, and minimize surprises.

For routine tasks, I don't waste brainpower on them.

If I feel something is off, I tend to drop it immediately even if the purported benefits are high.
 

Iamnobodyla

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 14, 2020
Messages
6,328
Reaction score
2,829
Actually I don't know for sure leh. There are some times in life where simple simple things can cause me to suffer from anxiety attacks, and there are also instances when I worry because of fear of missing out (FOMO). I do think substantially, but that's to help me preempt problems before they arise in life. I'm not sure whether does that qualify me as a "person who thinks a lot".


I am a diagnosed siao lang with IMH hospitalisation history la.


Something I use a lot on most days, is not thinking or worrying, instead what I call it is "intuition" or "instinct". It's a Scorpio thing, we tend to brood a lot, but when it comes to decision making we rely on "intuition", it's a water element trait. It doesn't mean that I don't worry and don't fear, but instead as my American Zen roshi taught me approximately, "Sometimes we are like our own parents who love to spank ourselves on the fanny. Still, there is one thing that every caring parent knows, and it's the fact that when we bring caring intellect, emotion and attention to bear, right and wrong are set aside."

I worry, I fret, I feel anxious and I fear, but when I put all my mindfulness and awareness to the situation at hand, I am no longer strangled by the views of correctness or wrongness.

Sorry for being long winded, it's been a tense couple of hours for me this Sunday. Had to let go of some stress along the way.
Would u say ur intuition lead you to overthink?
Sometimes our intuition tells us smth bad might happen and this causes negative feelings like worrying (which can be necessary or unnecessary)
 

Iamnobodyla

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 14, 2020
Messages
6,328
Reaction score
2,829
If the stakes are high, I'll cover all possibilities to ensure that the pieces on the board move as planned, and minimize surprises.

For routine tasks, I don't waste brainpower on them.

If I feel something is off, I tend to drop it immediately even if the purported benefits are high.
Sometimes the more one think, the more worried they become. Then it makes one think even more to plan to wanting to avoid negative outcomes. Seem like a cycle
 

Iamnobodyla

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 14, 2020
Messages
6,328
Reaction score
2,829
I am an ISFP, very sensitive to the feelings and needs of other people. I’m sensitive, so when I get criticism or high expectations I can sometimes overthink things or doubt myself.
It is weird to me that overthinking always lead to negative feelings like being worried, self doubt etc and not positive feelings like overthinking that smth good will happen
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top