Do u overthink? Worry a lot?

Spike

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2022
Messages
41,996
Reaction score
43,734
Sometimes the more one think, the more worried they become. Then it makes one think even more to plan to wanting to avoid negative outcomes. Seem like a cycle
Not really. I see many folks putting in money into something in way less time than they can make them without thinking all that hard.

For example, it might take you one year to save $20K. Yet you might not think that long to spend the money on an Europe trip or a bag

Most routine stuff need not waste too much brain power.

Stuff that are mainly out of your control also need not waste brain power.
 

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
46,419
Reaction score
15,864
I later discovered that I've this superpower to throttle my iq by -50%.

Life becomes so much simpler and happier. If only I can impart this skill to you. :o
 
Joined
Oct 14, 2017
Messages
25,554
Reaction score
9,190
Are you a person who thinks a lot? Worry a lot?
Do u realise it or u dont think u r one?
I'd like to believe that I think a lot and plan ahead for the future. For example if you lose your job - have contingency plan B. If plan B fails have a plan C and so on…That’s thinking a lot and I believe it’s fine within normal limits.

Overthinking however is something like this - you like a girl but not sure whether she likes you, then every little thing you do or she does you will harp over it and think and think of all possible outcomes, why this why that until it drives you crazy. Don’t do that.
 

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2009
Messages
22,138
Reaction score
11,641
Worry is when u no tink a lot and fail to plan ahead. If u tink a lot, it means u planning ahead. If u plan ahead, v little things to worry cos samma contingencies tot through liao.
What about 'tink a lot and yet not take action to plan ahead, choosing to procrastinate instead, because it seems like a chore and I dread it immensely'? :(
 

dushensiao

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2021
Messages
8,931
Reaction score
4,582
yes sometimes i want things to be in perfect sync and when it doesn't i will feel stress
 

Mountainnodew

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2022
Messages
5,794
Reaction score
2,517
Things that cannot be controlled, moi will worry. Worry for moi’s health, worry for kids’ futures and etc. Life is like that.. nothing wrong with worrying.. but it will just add more grey hairs, more wrinkles and steal away your little happiness each day. 😣… Even those rich people also worry a lot eg.. worry no health to spend their wealth… worry their spouse will has affairs… worry their kids will take drugs. 😆
 

Can Or Not

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2024
Messages
30,510
Reaction score
14,115
Actually I don't know for sure leh. There are some times in life where simple simple things can cause me to suffer from anxiety attacks, and there are also instances when I worry because of fear of missing out (FOMO). I do think substantially, but that's to help me preempt problems before they arise in life. I'm not sure whether does that qualify me as a "person who thinks a lot".


I am a diagnosed siao lang with IMH hospitalisation history la.


Something I use a lot on most days, is not thinking or worrying, instead what I call it is "intuition" or "instinct". It's a Scorpio thing, we tend to brood a lot, but when it comes to decision making we rely on "intuition", it's a water element trait. It doesn't mean that I don't worry and don't fear, but instead as my American Zen roshi taught me approximately, "Sometimes we are like our own parents who love to spank ourselves on the fanny. Still, there is one thing that every caring parent knows, and it's the fact that when we bring caring intellect, emotion and attention to bear, right and wrong are set aside."

I worry, I fret, I feel anxious and I fear, but when I put all my mindfulness and awareness to the situation at hand, I am no longer strangled by the views of correctness or wrongness.

Sorry for being long winded, it's been a tense couple of hours for me this Sunday. Had to let go of some stress along the way.
I got a friend who kenna pester by his gf so much that he cannot tahan and self admit to IMH….
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top