Do you turn off your Computer?

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,200
Reaction score
3,677
My asus laptop also got power management issue. Next time I will just buy Acer rather than Asus since paying higher price doesn't mean better quality or after sales support.
 

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2006
Messages
29,769
Reaction score
91
I think you can disable wake using keyboard and mouse option in the BIOS

Wake from keyboard/mouse only in effect when using ps2 connection. Anyway the crosshair iii only gives keyboard ps2 no mouse ps2...and i only have usb to ps2 for mouse...
 

FinalTidus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
35,147
Reaction score
1,250
I will always switch off my PC when I am not using it. Only when I am downloading stuff in the background then I leave it on. Obviously.

PC does waste a lot of electricity when idling. Anyway I use Windows 8.1 with normal HDD. Bootup time is less than 10 seconds. With SSD probably less than 5 secs. So whats the point of keeping it on?

Save the earth and off it when not in use. Do your part.
 

ineser

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2013
Messages
14,487
Reaction score
738
Always shut off not in used. Using SSD, no prob booting the comp less than 7s
 

saysuzu

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2007
Messages
27,562
Reaction score
2
always turn it off, don't want to waste electricity also

now elec cost so high..can save just save
 

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
41,247
Reaction score
5,674
I put it to sleep everytime, startup in less 2 s
 

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Joined
Jul 26, 2011
Messages
7,580
Reaction score
8
I don't turn off my house computer, unless there is a windows update and require to restart system.

Best regard,
JK
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top