Does this warrant a ban?

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
36,427
Reaction score
3,248
Good morning,

Thanks for the feedback. At our level (junior moderator and moderator) we don’t have any forum infraction reversal rights. Reversals can only be done at forum administrator level.

Hence, it is my recommendation to thread starter that he/she emails in for a quicker response. Concurrently, we would give our recommendations to the administrator in charge who will then review the case.

Rest assured that there are proper maker and checker roles within our moderating structure to ensure that warning or infractions given are justified and checked. In this case, the thread starter was given a reversal.


or the mods can reverse a wrong decision proactively




 
Last edited:

Northernray

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2008
Messages
5,223
Reaction score
2
Good morning,

Thanks for the feedback. At our level (junior moderator and moderator) we don’t have any forum infraction reversal rights. Reversals can only be done at forum administrator level.

Hence, it is my recommendation to thread starter that he/she emails in for a quicker response. Concurrently, we would give our recommendations to the administrator in charge who will then review the case.

Rest assured that there are proper maker and checker roles within our moderating structure to ensure that warning or infractions given are justified and checked. In this case, the thread starter was given a reversal.



Moderator can always PM the senior mod and admin to reverse the infraction, I believe it still work from past experience as the fastest and easiest way to reverse an infraction by error of moderation. If the de-facto forum administrator silvershimmers is on leave or left SPH, will an reversal of infraction need to wait for new administrator to be hired and appointed to HWZ forums?
Why subject member to such draconian approach when the problem lies with the moderator's error in moderation?

Ottoke yet to PM the admin to reverse one of my discussed previous infraction on 14-04-2020, 12:56 AM. I seriously don't see anything wrong with the reply in Chinese responding to a post in Chinese. If Ottoke as a Chinese cannot understand Chinese language, he shouldn't jump the gun.

I don't care if Ottoke placed me under black list for calling him out, do whatever he want.
 

Ottoke

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
147,445
Reaction score
5,284
Moderator can always PM the senior mod and admin to reverse the infraction, I believe it still work from past experience as the fastest and easiest way to reverse an infraction by error of moderation. If the de-facto forum administrator silvershimmers is on leave or left SPH, will an reversal of infraction need to wait for new administrator to be hired and appointed to HWZ forums?
Why subject member to such draconian approach when the problem lies with the moderator's error in moderation?

Ottoke yet to PM the admin to reverse one of my discussed previous infraction on 14-04-2020, 12:56 AM. I seriously don't see anything wrong with the reply in Chinese responding to a post in Chinese. If Ottoke as a Chinese cannot understand Chinese language, he shouldn't jump the gun.

I don't care if Ottoke placed me under black list for calling him out, do whatever he want.

I don't even have a blacklist or whatever is that called. I already forwarded the request to admin but I do not know if he has read it.

O
 

Northernray

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2008
Messages
5,223
Reaction score
2
I don't even have a blacklist or whatever is that called. I already forwarded the request to admin but I do not know if he has read it.

O

You created a black list on me when you gave me multiple infraction in the suicide thread.

Is the word kpoop not allowed and warrant an infraction? When someone held an opposite view of your favorite kpop, he/she must be infract and banned?

With your trigger happy infraction based on your biased view, any moderator will portends I am a trouble maker without the need to read and investigate all posts related to the reported post and happily infract me at the slightest sight.

From the responds of EDMW moderators, it seem to me that as long as 2 members disagree with each other, both will be awarded infraction without the need to investigate the issue. I get it that there are many reported posts from EDMW, to thoroughly investigate the root cause is not in favor of limited personal resources as an volunteer to perform moderation of the forum. But to give infraction without investigation or full understanding of the issue is simply unacceptable bordering abuse of power given to the moderator.

From the way you guys moderate EDMW, you are stiffening any discussion to clear disagreement even without personal attack and derogatory words. Should SG banned all form of debates on every subject and participant will be charged and throw into prison for debating an issue or topic?

I'm making full use of the way you guys moderate EDMW and I'm dead sure miketay90 will be given infraction this morning. I don't need to hide my view, you can continue to happy trigger on me all you want. Taking away the opportunity to discuss an issue will result in non-related low quality thread and replies in the forum, I get it that this is what you guys wanted based on the responses from the EDMW's moderator team.
 

BeefCutlet

Banned
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Messages
4,100
Reaction score
1
You created a black list on me when you gave me multiple infraction in the suicide thread.

Is the word kpoop not allowed and warrant an infraction? When someone held an opposite view of your favorite kpop, he/she must be infract and banned?

With your trigger happy infraction based on your biased view, any moderator will portends I am a trouble maker without the need to read and investigate all posts related to the reported post and happily infract me at the slightest sight.

From the responds of EDMW moderators, it seem to me that as long as 2 members disagree with each other, both will be awarded infraction without the need to investigate the issue. I get it that there are many reported posts from EDMW, to thoroughly investigate the root cause is not in favor of limited personal resources as an volunteer to perform moderation of the forum. But to give infraction without investigation or full understanding of the issue is simply unacceptable bordering abuse of power given to the moderator.

From the way you guys moderate EDMW, you are stiffening any discussion to clear disagreement even without personal attack and derogatory words. Should SG banned all form of debates on every subject and participant will be charged and throw into prison for debating an issue or topic?

I'm making full use of the way you guys moderate EDMW and I'm dead sure miketay90 will be given infraction this morning. I don't need to hide my view, you can continue to happy trigger on me all you want. Taking away the opportunity to discuss an issue will result in non-related low quality thread and replies in the forum, I get it that this is what you guys wanted based on the responses from the EDMW's moderator team.

Wah this is no good. Mod Infrcting someone just cause they don't like his favourite kpop group is disgusting and a abuse of power
 
Joined
Feb 9, 2020
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
You created a black list on me when you gave me multiple infraction in the suicide thread.

Is the word kpoop not allowed and warrant an infraction? When someone held an opposite view of your favorite kpop, he/she must be infract and banned?

With your trigger happy infraction based on your biased view, any moderator will portends I am a trouble maker without the need to read and investigate all posts related to the reported post and happily infract me at the slightest sight.

From the responds of EDMW moderators, it seem to me that as long as 2 members disagree with each other, both will be awarded infraction without the need to investigate the issue. I get it that there are many reported posts from EDMW, to thoroughly investigate the root cause is not in favor of limited personal resources as an volunteer to perform moderation of the forum. But to give infraction without investigation or full understanding of the issue is simply unacceptable bordering abuse of power given to the moderator.

From the way you guys moderate EDMW, you are stiffening any discussion to clear disagreement even without personal attack and derogatory words. Should SG banned all form of debates on every subject and participant will be charged and throw into prison for debating an issue or topic?

I'm making full use of the way you guys moderate EDMW and I'm dead sure miketay90 will be given infraction this morning. I don't need to hide my view, you can continue to happy trigger on me all you want. Taking away the opportunity to discuss an issue will result in non-related low quality thread and replies in the forum, I get it that this is what you guys wanted based on the responses from the EDMW's moderator team.
Hi Northenray,

Thanks for your feedback. Appreciate if you can write in to membership@hardwarezone.com.sg with the details of the infraction that you'd like to appeal against.

Thank you.
 

Northernray

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2008
Messages
5,223
Reaction score
2
Moderator can always PM the senior mod and admin to reverse the infraction, I believe it still work from past experience as the fastest and easiest way to reverse an infraction by error of moderation. If the de-facto forum administrator silvershimmers is on leave or left SPH, will an reversal of infraction need to wait for new administrator to be hired and appointed to HWZ forums?
Why subject member to such draconian approach when the problem lies with the moderator's error in moderation?

Ottoke yet to PM the admin to reverse one of my discussed previous infraction on 14-04-2020, 12:56 AM. I seriously don't see anything wrong with the reply in Chinese responding to a post in Chinese. If Ottoke as a Chinese cannot understand Chinese language, he shouldn't jump the gun.

I don't care if Ottoke placed me under black list for calling him out, do whatever he want.

Hi Northenray,

Thanks for your feedback. Appreciate if you can write in to membership@hardwarezone.com.sg with the details of the infraction that you'd like to appeal against.

Thank you.

I explicitly mentioned about it. Don't bother if this is too much work to reverse an over sensitive trigger happy kpop lover moderation. I will wait for 6 months for them to expired, all moderators can see my infraction list started by Ottoke to see how over zealous Ottoke trying too hard moderation in EDMW. Poaching on a thread to give infraction, that's is a real hardworking moderator deserved to promote to senior moderator asap.

I get it that thing can be much easier to resolve without public scrutiny and out-of-sight settlement via email. Sorry to disappoint you for the effort to engage me on the feedback. I won't send email for error in moderation, I see this approach as a punishment on me for his error. I preferred any effort for reversal to be open for all members to see and not out-of-sight approach which I admit the latter is the best approach in almost every cases of dispute in term of professionalism and sensible.

If you and Vijay convinced I am a trouble maker, please activate the kill switch and clean all traces of this account. Reversal via email? That's the last thing I would do.

Have a nice day. :)
 

BeefCutlet

Banned
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Messages
4,100
Reaction score
1
Hi Northenray,

Thanks for your feedback. Appreciate if you can write in to membership@hardwarezone.com.sg with the details of the infraction that you'd like to appeal against.

Thank you.

Sweet cream rah!

All the details already in the post,so why still asking for feedback email to cover trail? You mean you don't even have details of the infractions your team of mods give? Why is it so tedious to reverse a wrongful infraction?

There's only 3 things you need to do which can be done without needing a separate email

1) reverse infraction
2) admit ottoke basis for infraction is wrong
3) take disciplinary measures against Otokke
 
Last edited:
Joined
Feb 9, 2020
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
I explicitly mentioned about it. Don't bother if this is too much work to reverse an over sensitive trigger happy kpop lover moderation. I will wait for 6 months for them to expired, all moderators can see my infraction list started by Ottoke to see how over zealous Ottoke trying too hard moderation in EDMW. Poaching on a thread to give infraction, that's is a real hardworking moderator deserved to promote to senior moderator asap.

I get it that thing can be much easier to resolve without public scrutiny and out-of-sight settlement via email. Sorry to disappoint you for the effort to engage me on the feedback. I won't send email for error in moderation, I see this approach as a punishment on me for his error. I preferred any effort for reversal to be open for all members to see and not out-of-sight approach which I admit the latter is the best approach in almost every cases of dispute in term of professionalism and sensible.

If you and Vijay convinced I am a trouble maker, please activate the kill switch and clean all traces of this account. Reversal via email? That's the last thing I would do.

Have a nice day. :)
Hi,

With regards to your infraction on 14-04-2020, 12:56 AM, it was given as the statement made is insulting to another user. While we value different views within the forum community, we do not condone insult and personal attacks. Thus, we stand by our decision not to reverse this infraction.

Thanks.
 

Northernray

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2008
Messages
5,223
Reaction score
2
Hi,

With regards to your infraction on 14-04-2020, 12:56 AM, it was given as the statement made is insulting to another user. While we value different views within the forum community, we do not condone insult and personal attacks. Thus, we stand by our decision not to reverse this infraction.

Thanks.

WOW!

Now I know telling someone he/she lack of empathy, tolerance and humanity is an insult worth 3 points infraction.


Thank but no thank for the effort in engaging.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top