HeroIsHere
Junior Member
- Joined
- Jun 10, 2008
- Messages
- 63
- Reaction score
- 0
Hello
I was searching and couldn't find anything on ebike in HWZ.
Was a little surprised! So here I am starting a little interest in this area where the international forums are thriving.*
Let me just be upfront that this is going to be about DIY ebike - simple or a monster bike. Tell us what it feels like, your project, before & after pics, etc.*
Just to start the ball rolling.*
My cheapo built #1 (pics coming in a while) - wasn't sure if I'm gonna like it or not and it was an experiment.
- 48V 10Ah (50 km per charge)
- Max Speed: 50km/h
- Hub motor kit from ebay
- Donor bike: a cheap frame with steel joints and dropouts from aloeca - so much said about it's quality but an ideal candidate just because it is heavy and robust - characteristics that are ideal for ebike conversation. Doesn't hurt when it is cheap as well
- Electronics + Lifepo4 batteries: about $800.
Cause of the speed, this is strictly off road use in Singapore.
I was searching and couldn't find anything on ebike in HWZ.
Was a little surprised! So here I am starting a little interest in this area where the international forums are thriving.*
Let me just be upfront that this is going to be about DIY ebike - simple or a monster bike. Tell us what it feels like, your project, before & after pics, etc.*
Just to start the ball rolling.*
My cheapo built #1 (pics coming in a while) - wasn't sure if I'm gonna like it or not and it was an experiment.
- 48V 10Ah (50 km per charge)
- Max Speed: 50km/h
- Hub motor kit from ebay
- Donor bike: a cheap frame with steel joints and dropouts from aloeca - so much said about it's quality but an ideal candidate just because it is heavy and robust - characteristics that are ideal for ebike conversation. Doesn't hurt when it is cheap as well
- Electronics + Lifepo4 batteries: about $800.
Cause of the speed, this is strictly off road use in Singapore.
Last edited: