GarnetDragon
Great Supremacy Member
- Joined
- May 13, 2021
- Messages
- 70,509
- Reaction score
- 138,899
Hi mods, I would like to bring up the topic of LGBT threads and comments on EDMW.
Edmwers tend to be quite anti LGBT in general, and use homophobic slur terms like "******", "chao ghey", "pink dot", "woke", to describe gays, transphobic terms like "***********" to describe transgender people, etc.
I know that not everyone on this forum is supportive of LGBT, but I do feel that offensive words to attack them are uncalled for, as they are fellow humans as well, and of course, are to be treated with basic respect like any other person.
Shown here is an example, if you look at this thread, it is filled with derogatory comments hating on the person in the article, just because of his different lifestyle.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...n-ns-university-as-a-gay-singaporean.6997852/
According to the rules, discrimination based on sexual orientation is not included.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/help/racism-discrimination/
Since discrimination of race, religion is not allowed, why then, is discrimination on sexual orientation and gender identity be allowed on the forums? Are gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgenders considered lesser sub-humans than everyone else the general population?
I would love to hear mods' opinion on this divisive issue, and hopefully, edmwers in general would be less toxic on this topic, open up, and have less negative views on LGBT as well
Edmwers tend to be quite anti LGBT in general, and use homophobic slur terms like "******", "chao ghey", "pink dot", "woke", to describe gays, transphobic terms like "***********" to describe transgender people, etc.
I know that not everyone on this forum is supportive of LGBT, but I do feel that offensive words to attack them are uncalled for, as they are fellow humans as well, and of course, are to be treated with basic respect like any other person.
Shown here is an example, if you look at this thread, it is filled with derogatory comments hating on the person in the article, just because of his different lifestyle.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...n-ns-university-as-a-gay-singaporean.6997852/
According to the rules, discrimination based on sexual orientation is not included.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/help/racism-discrimination/
All members are advised that Discrimination of Race, Culture, Religion, Ethnicity, Nationality, Blasphemy, Derogatory Terms and Seditious Remarks will not be tolerated on the forums.
Labeling people in an inappropriate manner, derogatorily and discriminatorily are also not allowed.
Since discrimination of race, religion is not allowed, why then, is discrimination on sexual orientation and gender identity be allowed on the forums? Are gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgenders considered lesser sub-humans than everyone else the general population?
I would love to hear mods' opinion on this divisive issue, and hopefully, edmwers in general would be less toxic on this topic, open up, and have less negative views on LGBT as well