Eight Telecom discussion thread

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Hi all, I am currently already on a $8 Double Eight Plan. Is there any way / hack that I can get / sign-up for another new $8 / $8.80 plan / sim under a NEW HP number? Or did I miss the boat and the cheapest plan now for NEW HP number sim sign-up is the $10.80 5G+ plan (ie no more $8 / $8.80 plan for NEW HP number for current subscribers and can only recharge $8 plan under my OLD HP number) ? Thank you ...

to be fair, even there is no more $8 or $8.80 plan for new subscribers. $10.80 5G starting plan now is still relatively low price monthly plan given that it has 5G.

there are still 4G plan at even lower price than $8 to consider as well.
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,231
Reaction score
12,259
to be fair, even there is no more $8 or $8.80 plan for new subscribers. $10.80 5G starting plan now is still relatively low price monthly plan given that it has 5G.

there are still 4G plan at even lower price than $8 to consider as well.

As of now, Singtel MVNOs (Zym, Zero1, VIVIFI and CMLink) 5G plans are at about S$10 to S$12. Often they have promotions which you can pay thee month and get six month (three month free for the 4th/5th/6th month, or 50% OFF for six months, for non-Singtel network port-in).

These offers are very popular and even trigged the port-out threshold for M1 Maxx.

Singtel MVNOs (Zym, Zero1, VIVIFI and CMLink) 4G plans are at about S$7/S$7.7/S$8.7 per month.
 

kun1he2

Master Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2004
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
174
FYI I used M1 Maxx and Eight 888 plan when I was in Northern Xinjiang for 12 days earlier this month. M1 was my primary data sim as they have an agreement with China Mobile which Eight doesn’t have. I couldn’t get M1 to switch to any of the other telcos, even trying to manually select. Anyway there were places in my route which China Mobile had no coverage but China Telecom/unicom had and vice versa. So having the ability to switch between the sims helped. My earlier trip this year to Zhangjiajie, I only had the eight sim and had similar outages so that’s why I signed up for Maxx for this trip Just for China Mobile. I did write to Eight on my return from my last trip about adding China mobile back as an Eight roaming partner and they replied to say that they have forwarded the request to the respective team.
I had to make a china call to the airline for 16 mins and the IDD worked on Eight perfectly but didn’t work on M1 Maxx Plan.
Will be making a trip to Zhangjiajie soon - will eight roaming be very bad or just patchy coverage that requires moving around to get signal? Or is it that signal strength is fine, but too crowded with many mobile users and our roaming data has least priority?
 

x3yang

Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2016
Messages
169
Reaction score
53
My wife is current on the 4g $8 plan with Eight and I am on the Lucky Eight 5G plan at $14.80 per month. I am not using that much data thus am considering to upgrade my wife + "downgrade" myself both to the $10.80 plan which will gives us both 5G+.

From what I see among the 5G+ plans, the only difference is more overseas data. If I dun need that much overseas data, I can go with $10.80 instead of the $14.80 right?
 

chari-men

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Messages
6,295
Reaction score
2,562
to be fair, even there is no more $8 or $8.80 plan for new subscribers. $10.80 5G starting plan now is still relatively low price monthly plan given that it has 5G.

there are still 4G plan at even lower price than $8 to consider as well.
If u did a lot of 1 for 1 top up prior ur 5G annual plan only costs 4 bucks a month...
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,231
Reaction score
12,259
If u did a lot of 1 for 1 top up prior ur 5G annual plan only costs 4 bucks a month...

Annual plan cannot be paid with the wallet.

So annual plan is not for those who got the one for one top-up offer.

https://www.eight.com.sg/help/mobile/
Can I use my wallet credits to purchase the 1-Year Plan?
The 1-Year Plan is a special deal so it can’t be paid using existing wallet balance. You can use the existing wallet balance to buy monthly plan/ add-ons. Thank you for your understanding!
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,231
Reaction score
12,259
My wife is current on the 4g $8 plan with Eight and I am on the Lucky Eight 5G plan at $14.80 per month. I am not using that much data thus am considering to upgrade my wife + "downgrade" myself both to the $10.80 plan which will gives us both 5G+.

From what I see among the 5G+ plans, the only difference is more overseas data. If I dun need that much overseas data, I can go with $10.80 instead of the $14.80 right?

Yes, that is correct.
 

chari-men

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Messages
6,295
Reaction score
2,562
Annual plan cannot be paid with the wallet.

So annual plan is not for those who got the one for one top-up offer.

https://www.eight.com.sg/help/mobile/
Can I use my wallet credits to purchase the 1-Year Plan?
The 1-Year Plan is a special deal so it can’t be paid using existing wallet balance. You can use the existing wallet balance to buy monthly plan/ add-ons. Thank you for your understanding!
Wa didn't know that.. my bad.. tho with monthly plans 5.40 with the 1-1 also v cheap tbh..
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,231
Reaction score
12,259
yes new sign up. older plan can choose $8, $8.80. all the plan. (only 5G value plan no more)

Minor correction.

Only the folowing two plans cannot be chosen.
1) S$10.80 5G Value eight Plan
2) $14.80 5G Lucky eight Plan

This makes sense since there are two new 5G+ plans at the same price.
1) S$10.8 5G+ Power Plan
3) S$14.8 5G+ Ultra Plan

I can see more plans to recharge for my S$8 eight 4G plan.

1) S$10.8 5G+ Power Plan
2) S$12.8 5G+ Life Plan
3) S$14.8 5G+ Ultra Plan
4) S$18.8 5G+ Supreme Plan
5) S$8 Double Eight Plan
6) S$8.8 New Double Eight Plan
7) S$11.8 Fortune Eight Plan
8) S$18 5G Triple Eight Plan

Only two non-Senior plans are not available to change to (probably because the price is the same as the corresponding 5G+ plan)
1) S$10.80 5G Value eight Plan
2) $14.80 5G Lucky eight Plan
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,231
Reaction score
12,259
Unfortunately no more S$8 or S$8.8 plan for new lines ...

Dunno lazada and shopee data top up works or not, might lose money don't work whatever at own risks.

Top-up is not the same as getting a new SIM. You can only get new SIM from eight or the dealers.

I was hoping that there will still be a way / hack / roundabout to get the cheaper plan but thank you for the confirmation that there isn't 👍👍👍

How about just sign up for 1 Year Plan on 5G+ Power Plan?
$96 per year = $8 per month

Signing-up for one year plan is one good option if you are fine to stick with eight for one year.
 

Asus80

Master Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2003
Messages
2,640
Reaction score
279
Minor correction.

Only the folowing two plans cannot be chosen.
1) S$10.80 5G Value eight Plan
2) $14.80 5G Lucky eight Plan

This makes sense since there are two new 5G+ plans at the same price.
1) S$10.8 5G+ Power Plan
3) S$14.8 5G+ Ultra Plan
yes correct is 2 older 5G Value eight & Lucky eight plan no more
 

Honda_typeR

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2014
Messages
774
Reaction score
147
Top-up is not the same as getting a new SIM. You can only get new SIM from eight or the dealers.





Signing-up for one year plan is one good option if you are fine to stick with eight for one year.
but one year means you need to be stuck with that plan even if there are newer better plans correct.

e,g 5G Value 10.80 vs 5G+ 10.80 you cannot change if you are under the one year payment thingy.
 

kheng86

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2003
Messages
48,198
Reaction score
34
I just upgraded from the $8 plan to "5G+ Ultra ($14.80)" for 1 month just for use in CN. When I click "recharge" I still can see the old $8 plan.
 

the_dog

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2004
Messages
31,544
Reaction score
21,628
I think Eight 5G is even worse than 4G.

I upgraded to 5G for 1 month, and downgraded back to 4G after that.

I don't see any noticeable difference in speed with 5G and what's even worse, kept getting intermittent "no internet connectivity" errors on 5G
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top