- Joined
- Sep 16, 2018
- Messages
- 36,271
- Reaction score
- 12,286
For those on your 5G+ plan, will it show 5G+ in your network icon?
iPhones usually do not show 5G+ icon in general, no matter for Singtel 5G+ or Starhub 5G+.
Last edited:

For those on your 5G+ plan, will it show 5G+ in your network icon?
Ya, showing on my xiaomiFor those on your 5G+ plan, will it show 5G+ in your network icon?
Ah yes, no wonder my iPhone now have 5G signal at home when previously there wasn't.Mine shows 5G+ after upgrading my Samsung S26 Ultra to UI 9.0.
I clicked to upgrade plan on Eight App last week from 5G to 5G+ scheduled for 10 Oct but it appears now.
Mine shows 5G+ after upgrading my Samsung S26 Ultra to UI 9.0.
I clicked to upgrade plan on Eight App last week from 5G to 5G+ scheduled for 10 Oct but it appears now.
Ah yes, no wonder my iPhone now have 5G signal at home when previously there wasn't.
Still on the old $10.80 5G Value plan.
Yes. However when going to connections > mobile networks, you will no longer see "use 5G standalone networks" selection anymore.That is interesting.
Previously Samsung phones usually do not show 5G+ icon, as per the reports by the SingTel and SingTel MVNO users.
Yeap, only shows 5G on iPhone.But your iPhone will not show 5G+ icon, only 5G icon, right?
700 MHz has better coverage, looks like Starhub now has more wider deployment of 700 MHz band to launch this 5G+ marketing thingy.
Ya, showing on my xiaomi
Thank you bro. That is the info I need.I just upgraded from the $8 plan to "5G+ Ultra ($14.80)" for 1 month just for use in CN. When I click "recharge" I still can see the old $8 plan.
*3001#12345#* press call buttonYeap, only shows 5G on iPhone.
Tried the 3001#12345# code - shows just an empty screen with big wide "Dismiss" button at the end.
no wonder my wife tell me, same le still reflect 5G only.iPhones usually do not show 5G+ icon in general, no matter for Singtel 5G+ or Starhub 5G+.
ok tmr my samsung is due for recharge i will check my logo as well.Ya, showing on my xiaomi
Ah okay, missing the asterisks.*3001#12345#* press call button
Ah okay, missing the asterisks.
It says Band n78 - which isn't the 700 MHz band
S25 ultra only 5G, S26 ultra show 5G+. maybe is S25 ultra One UI 8 & S26 ultra One UI 9. my friends using S26 ultra on eight 5G+ plan show 5G+ logo. need to wait samsung to roll out software update to one UI 9Samsung also only shows 5G no 5G+ logo.
Ohhh so means if software not yet update thou 5G+ plan, the phone will only run on 5G correct?S25 ultra only 5G, S26 ultra show 5G+. maybe is S25 ultra One UI 8 & S26 ultra One UI 9. my friends using S26 ultra on eight 5G+ plan show 5G+ logo. need to wait samsung to roll out software update to one UI 9
Ohhh so means if software not yet update thou 5G+ plan, the phone will only run on 5G correct?
The coverage and usage at the main tourist areas works fine with Eight on CT and CU. It was always on 4G except for when I was at Tianmen Dong where I got a 5G signal. It was when we were traveling on the road through mountainous regions where coverage on the Eight partner networks CU/CT had dead zones. When I encountered the dead zones, I saw China Mobile cell towers only and my partner who was on CM still had coverage. For my XJ trip, it was similar but I might get CM only and no CU/CT and vice versa but I would conclude that CM definitely had more cell towers around in the mountains than the other two telcos. It was clear this trip as I had both Eight and M1 active on my IP17PM at the same time so I could see the signals dropping in and out, 4G is usable and faster over there and isn’t like 4G here in SG. Hope the above helps.Will be making a trip to Zhangjiajie soon - will eight roaming be very bad or just patchy coverage that requires moving around to get signal? Or is it that signal strength is fine, but too crowded with many mobile users and our roaming data has least priority?