Eight Telecom discussion thread

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2006
Messages
82,860
Reaction score
7,413
Will be making a trip to Zhangjiajie soon - will eight roaming be very bad or just patchy coverage that requires moving around to get signal? Or is it that signal strength is fine, but too crowded with many mobile users and our roaming data has least priority?
I went to ZJJ when Eight was still roaming on china mobile, connection was 4G only but no down time. I didn't encounter any situation where there was no signal.
Since then Eight has dropped china mobile as roaming partner, so my experience is no longer valid
 

therat

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,771
Reaction score
225
I upgraded from Double Eight Plan $8 to 5G Fortune Eight Plan ($11.80) , 28G APAC Roaming for my Northern XinJiang trip. The speed is quite good.
The only down point is when I'm transit at Chengdu, not able to call Chengdu Hotel. I had to ask Aiport Infor counter to call for me.
 

800900

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
When you sign up via esim, it is activated immediately, regardless of whether you scan the QR code.
I was able to do so overseas, but I do recall seeing in the FAQ that you need to be in SG.
YMMV.


¨When you sign up via esim, it is activated immediately,¨

could you please clarify the process in more details, as per my experience on other esim service, the QR code is the only way to activate the number .
 

rinchan22

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
1,224
Reaction score
668
Ported in from m1 maxx. My m1 Maxx already says no service but eight still showing/using the d number. Tried to restart, flight mode etc but no changes. When I log in eight app, it says port in in progress🤔
 

wongminmin

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2014
Messages
34,598
Reaction score
18,825
Ported in from m1 maxx. My m1 Maxx already says no service but eight still showing/using the d number. Tried to restart, flight mode etc but no changes. When I log in eight app, it says port in in progress🤔
there a few hours downtime during transition.....

9pm no service... after 12+ then port over done.
 

Beepbeep8

Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2021
Messages
221
Reaction score
85
Its a strategy game. If you top up the 1-1 promo few months back capped at $84, you will get $168 worth of value. I converted my $8 4G plan to 5G+ ultra at $118/yr at $59.6 discount since I can't withdraw a single cent from wallet. Now monthly is $9.80, $5 saving from $14.80. With the previous 1-1 promo, my $9.80 is further discounted 50% to an effective price of $4.90 for 5G+ plan. So it makes no sense to keep my existing $8 plan.
 
Last edited:

Jitter

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2026
Messages
789
Reaction score
228
Its a strategy game. If you top up the 1-1 promo few months back capped at $84, you will get $168 worth of value. I converted my $8 4G plan to 5G+ ultra at $118/yr at $59.6 discount since I can't withdraw a single cent from wallet, now monthly is $9.80. With the previous promo, my $9.80 is further discounted 50% to an effective price of $4.90 for 5G+ plan. So it makes no sense to keep my existing $8 plan.
You meant wallet balance can buy yearly plan?
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,335
Reaction score
12,302
Its a strategy game. If you top up the 1-1 promo few months back capped at $84, you will get $168 worth of value. I converted my $8 4G plan to 5G+ ultra at $118/yr at $59.6 discount since I can't withdraw a single cent from wallet, now monthly is $9.80. With the previous promo, my $9.80 is further discounted 50% to an effective price of $4.90 for 5G+ plan. So it makes no sense to keep my existing $8 plan.

You meant wallet balance can buy yearly plan?


Supposedly you can not pay yearly plan with your wallet as per eight FAQ.

Just wondering how you do it. Thanks. Looks like there is a system loophole then.

https://www.eight.com.sg/help/mobile/

Can I use my wallet credits to purchase the 1-Year Plan?​

The 1-Year Plan is a special deal so it can’t be paid using existing wallet balance. You can use the existing wallet balance to buy monthly plan/ add-ons. Thank you for your understanding!
 

CommanderPilot

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2020
Messages
87
Reaction score
20
I am currently on 5G Value Eight plan, monthly subscription. Will my plan be automatically upgraded to the 5G+ Power plan? Or do I need to manually subscribe to it?
 

Seifer28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2005
Messages
7,285
Reaction score
275
I am currently on 5G Value Eight plan, monthly subscription. Will my plan be automatically upgraded to the 5G+ Power plan? Or do I need to manually subscribe to it?
Change yourself faster
If you want them to change for you, it'll probably only happen when they migrate the yearly plan users over
 

wongminmin

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2014
Messages
34,598
Reaction score
18,825
anyone manage to sign up 3th senior plan?

I hope the 4G plans will still remain available for current subscribers even when they upgrade to the 5G+ plans.
hopefully ba... if they up price... they lose competitiveness to simba liao.
if get 5g yearly plan $96, is equivalent to $8 monthly tho.... but the term says cannot use wallet credits. :(
 

Jitter

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2026
Messages
789
Reaction score
228
erm look like no more 4g for new sign up sia....... 4g is better than 5g in coverage tho... :(
Do you mean $8 4g more sexpensive than $10.80 5g+ or by right is by right but by left $8 4g coverage can be possible or not better than $10.80 5g+ auto or manually down to 4g coverage?
 

wongminmin

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2014
Messages
34,598
Reaction score
18,825
Do you mean $8 4g more sexpensive than $10.80 5g+ or by right is by right but by left $8 4g coverage can be possible or not better than $10.80 5g+ auto or manually down to 4g coverage?
4g coverage is better than 5g coverage. Meaning u on 5g plan, when reach some places...no signal, need to use 4g connectivity.

then 5g drain the phone battery, i still prefer 4g network..... :(
 

Seifer28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2005
Messages
7,285
Reaction score
275
4g coverage is better than 5g coverage. Meaning u on 5g plan, when reach some places...no signal, need to use 4g connectivity.

then 5g drain the phone battery, i still prefer 4g network..... :(
How about turn off 5G in your settings? Since battery drain seems to be the main concern here
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top