Electric fan discussions - kdk and other brands

monsterenergy

Reaction score
Im eyeing PRISM fan due to aesthetics and the warranty. Inread sone one went down to the PRISM store to feel the wind but the store ac is cold and fan installed highernthan HDB ceilings. Any one here using the 52 and 48 inch models can share reviews? Pls dont tell me about OEM China rebranded stories

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im eyeing PRISM fan due to aesthetics and the warranty. Inread sone one went down to the PRISM store to feel the wind but the store ac is cold and fan installed highernthan HDB ceilings. Any one here using the 52 and 48 inch models can share reviews? Pls dont tell me about OEM China rebranded stories
Maybe the best reviews u can read are from their lzd listing....

sp0inK

Reaction score
any disadvantage of panasonic over kdk? notice they have some exact same models, aside from some colour variations, the panasonic is about 20% cheaper

Jmathew1108

Reaction score
any disadvantage of panasonic over kdk? notice they have some exact same models, aside from some colour variations, the panasonic is about 20% cheaper
They are the same thing, like the same person wearing different clothes. KDK just has more of a brand reputation/nostalgia factor associated with it especially in Singapore, so they just capitalise on it to sell it at a higher price. Buy whichever is cheaper or on sale

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a P40US that is spinning slow … at speed I, it will start spinning (I’d had previous older unit where press I there will be noise but the blades won’t move at all, so this 1 is a bit better I guess) just that it’s slow, no power … speed II is slightly slower than my other good condition units’ speed I, and speed III is faster than my other units’ speed I but slower than the other units’ speed II.

So this is a motor capacitor issue? Anyone done this repair for a P40US before can advise what I should be looking for?

Jmathew1108

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a P40US that is spinning slow … at speed I, it will start spinning (I’d had previous older unit where press I there will be noise but the blades won’t move at all, so this 1 is a bit better I guess) just that it’s slow, no power … speed II is slightly slower than my other good condition units’ speed I, and speed III is faster than my other units’ speed I but slower than the other units’ speed II.

So this is a motor capacitor issue? Anyone done this repair for a P40US before can advise what I should be looking for?
Check if the bearings or bushing are stiff. If they are, then lubricate until the shaft can spin freely and try powering up again.

If bearings ok, then you can try changing the motor capacitor. If that fails as well then you can buy replacement motor on carousell as a last resort

yang_nastyman

Reaction score
what size fan should we choose for small bedrooms measuring 3m by 4.2m ?

was thinking aeroair, but sales people were pushing alaska because they have better materials ..

or is KDK the only one to use?

Vadher

Reaction score
Went to a popular shop looking for KDK but sales also pushed for Aero Fan and Alaska.

Alaska does look good but there are so many variations of the same model and I can't find much information about it online. Even their own website doesn't provide much information about the differences between the models.

How's Alaska compared to Aero Air and KDK?

I'm considering between Alaska Curah, KDK Airy and the Aero Air.

Jackintheboxx

Reaction score
Went to a popular shop looking for KDK but sales also pushed for Aero Fan and Alaska.

Alaska does look good but there are so many variations of the same model and I can't find much information about it online. Even their own website doesn't provide much information about the differences between the models.

How's Alaska compared to Aero Air and KDK?

I'm considering between Alaska Curah, KDK Airy and the Aero Air.
Kdk/Panasonic from jb, best balance of value and quality. Most of the local brands seem like they come from similar Chinese OEM rebranded, can see many of them have similar design that is available on taobao. Rather get from kdk/Panasonic who manufacture in-house

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Check if the bearings or bushing are stiff. If they are, then lubricate until the shaft can spin freely and try powering up again.

If bearings ok, then you can try changing the motor capacitor. If that fails as well then you can buy replacement motor on carousell as a last resort
Is there any photo guide for this, where should you lubricate, and where the motor capacitor is?

allanzzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone find t60aw fan is weak with not much wind?

Mine seems like not generating not much wind even at high speed my old place with another model seems much stronger.

Jmathew1108

Reaction score

Mine seems like not generating not much wind even at high speed my old place with another model seems much stronger.
The wind seems to be all going to floor. If you sit on the floor directly under it, very good airflow. But at sitting level, the wind output is not proportional to the rpm or the amount of noise it makes. The wind spread is also poor. Not sure if that's how it's designed to be, but it is disappointing

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

mine runs at speed 5 most of the time, I find it sufficient. maybe your fan is too far off from your seated position, or there isn't sufficient clearance from the fan edge to the wall.

Vadher

Reaction score
More or less decided on the Alaska Burah 52" at $6XX. I'm looking only at white base with lightwood grain, memory function, min. 20W dimmable tri-tone LED and hugger-type mount.

I like the look of the Aeratron but for the size and colour option I want it's $9XX. The Spin is around the same price but I can't get how similar it looks to the the entry-level China-OEM fans from many local sellers, especially with the LED fitted. Somehow nobody likes to sell Haiku, everywhere I go the shop salesperson always has bad things to say about it. Anyway I realize the functions I want makes the Haiku significantly more expensive than any other options.

Elon Jobs

Reaction score
Anyone installed DEKA fan before? I am thinking of installing this for my daughter’s bedroom.
2022111122656-1.png

F5 DC 56
Read HWZ Forum Rules!

I just successfully installed this fan. It was much easier than I thought. Just hook up only and follow the instructions to connect the wires to the controller and then the fan.

As my old fan was a AC fan (also bought in Johor Bahru), this DEKA DC one is much lighter and consumes less electricity. So far so good, 5 blade wind power is much greater and quieter than the old fan, the 18W tri colour LED light is brighter than the old fan too. Cost me only RM238 ($72), no GST at checkpoint as I was under the limit.

Only negative thing is it is not as responsive as the old AC fan- when starting and stopping and changing speed, there is a noticeable lag. Not sure if it’s a feature of DC motor or the remote control module less responsive.

All in all a good fan, hope it will be durable and last me longer than the old fan.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

beanstalk6

Reaction score

I have a 48" installed in my living room. Their installation service is outstanding. The only problems encountered were my own. I should have bought the 56", as my ceiling is high. At full power setting, the strength is not ideal. The light is also not bright enough. I asked Prism and they do not sell the blades separately. If someone wants to exchange or discard their 56" blades, let me know.

monsterenergy

Reaction score
I have a 48" installed in my living room. Their installation service is outstanding. The only problems encountered were my own. I should have bought the 56", as my ceiling is high. At full power setting, the strength is not ideal. The light is also not bright enough. I asked Prism and they do not sell the blades separately. If someone wants to exchange or discard their 56" blades, let me know.
How high? Standard HDB Usually 270cm around there

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.