Exchange Rate - Part 2

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
7,437
Reaction score
721
WoW! U bring back loads of balance?
I think I won't exchange too much (maybe sgd 50-75 per person per day) cos I don't think I'll be going taiwan again anytime soon and don't wish to hold on to any balance. Last trips were in 2014/2015 lol.
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,717
Reaction score
737
I think I won't exchange too much (maybe sgd 50-75 per person per day) cos I don't think I'll be going taiwan again anytime soon and don't wish to hold on to any balance. Last trips were in 2014/2015 lol.
Change with your friends who are going.
No point changing back at TW airport as there is a transaction fee of 30NT each time.
 

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
7,437
Reaction score
721
Change with your friends who are going.
No point changing back at TW airport as there is a transaction fee of 30NT each time.
No one going tw regularly 😆 only japan. No worries, I think I just don't change so much, if not enough maybe withdraw from atm using revolut or trust card.
 

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
14,556
Reaction score
218
No one going tw regularly 😆 only japan. No worries, I think I just don't change so much, if not enough maybe withdraw from atm using revolut or trust card.
if your plan to withdraw money from Taoyuan Airport ATM, then no need withdraw too much... most of the ATM that accept Visa/mastercard can withdraw small amount in NT$1000 denomination...

At the moment, ATM withdrawal in Taiwan still hold better rates than SG money changer...

I just never try Cathay and Chunghwa Post ATM... LOL...
 

evilduxy

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2007
Messages
35,715
Reaction score
2,761
either 1 still in tw or recently just came back?

sg right now 23.15 at money changer wondering whats the rate now using trust card to withdraw at taipei
 

Tsoukalos

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2016
Messages
26,886
Reaction score
5,864
if your plan to withdraw money from Taoyuan Airport ATM, then no need withdraw too much... most of the ATM that accept Visa/mastercard can withdraw small amount in NT$1000 denomination...

At the moment, ATM withdrawal in Taiwan still hold better rates than SG money changer...

I just never try Cathay and Chunghwa Post ATM... LOL...
er above how much withdrawal then no give NT$1000 demomination?
 

Tsoukalos

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2016
Messages
26,886
Reaction score
5,864
either 1 still in tw or recently just came back?

sg right now 23.15 at money changer wondering whats the rate now using trust card to withdraw at taipei
u use trust card withdraw before at taipei airport? any hiccups?
 

evilduxy

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2007
Messages
35,715
Reaction score
2,761
u use trust card withdraw before at taipei airport? any hiccups?
feb went no hiccups just remember to allow overseas withdrawal from app ok le

nxt wk again over again so not sure wanna change in sg since sg rate quite good but im not sure abt whats the rate for trust right now
 

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
14,556
Reaction score
218
feb went no hiccups just remember to allow overseas withdrawal from app ok le

nxt wk again over again so not sure wanna change in sg since sg rate quite good but im not sure abt whats the rate for trust right now

Trust roughly similar rates as per Google... Now is around

1 Singapore Dollar equals 23.40 New Taiwan dollar

Plus minus bah....
 

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
14,556
Reaction score
218
If go 5 days

must change how much?

1000 SG is it enough?
my most recent trip to taiwan for 2A 1C for 9 days only spend est NT$20000 (Cash) + NT$15000 (Easycard) + Credit card charges for shopping stuff from Eslite and 新光三越, Klook bookings, hotel booking, HSR...

It really depend on what u wanna spend on and where u wanna spend at...

To be frank, u can change SGD$500 and try spending 1st... Worst to worst use Youtrip or Trust card to do ATM withdrawal...
 

Tsoukalos

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2016
Messages
26,886
Reaction score
5,864
my most recent trip to taiwan for 2A 1C for 9 days only spend est NT$20000 (Cash) + NT$15000 (Easycard) + Credit card charges for shopping stuff from Eslite and 新光三越, Klook bookings, hotel booking, HSR...

It really depend on what u wanna spend on and where u wanna spend at...

To be frank, u can change SGD$500 and try spending 1st... Worst to worst use Youtrip or Trust card to do ATM withdrawal...
ATM easy to find other than airport??
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top