Exchange Rate - Part 2

kaysee

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2008
Messages
2,480
Reaction score
9
Rate is the same as the board rate at airport.
So it can been checked online to compare.
So as most bros and sis say use revolut or youtrip.

I think maybe it's the time spent queuing in the bank bah... I nv try queuing in their bank before... Hahaha

Ya lor, If got damn good rates, then. will queue.
If not, I will standby and change if really runs out of money.

Ah okay. I guess I'll top up $4k into my youtrip and then start to just find bank of Taiwan atm to withdraw money?

The pin of the card is the 4 digit pin I use to key in when logging into the app right?

Just checked suntec money changer rates it's 21.3 only. Super low.
 

Joelleyuan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2005
Messages
10,263
Reaction score
3,798
Rate is the same as the board rate at airport.
So it can been checked online to compare.
So as most bros and sis say use revolut or youtrip.
Bro, is it check from here:
https://rate.bot.com.tw/xrt/all/day
this is the rate i will get from the bank in Taiwan? are they any transaction fee?
and do i get this rate at Money Changer in Taipei airport?
 
Last edited:

Seifer28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2005
Messages
7,284
Reaction score
275
Ah okay. I guess I'll top up $4k into my youtrip and then start to just find bank of Taiwan atm to withdraw money?

The pin of the card is the 4 digit pin I use to key in when logging into the app right?

Just checked suntec money changer rates it's 21.3 only. Super low.
i'd suggest that you just topup $900 everytime on the fly when you need to withdraw
since per withdrawal is max. 20k NTD and its ~$900 after you include $5 withdrawal fees
and it doesn't matter which bank's ATM you withdraw frm.... since the exchange rate is subjective to Youtrip's mastercard wholesale rate and not the ATM you withdraw from
 

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
14,555
Reaction score
218
by the way, please do not travel without some local currencies... cos once u reach airport, u have no data, need to buy data... need to buy easycard if u r taking airport express mrt (trip fare NT$160) to Taipei main station...

As i always say, go holiday is to enjoy and not get into any ordeal... Hahahaha
 

Joelleyuan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2005
Messages
10,263
Reaction score
3,798
by the way, please do not travel without some local currencies... cos once u reach airport, u have no data, need to buy data... need to buy easycard if u r taking airport express mrt (trip fare NT$160) to Taipei main station...

As i always say, go holiday is to enjoy and not get into any ordeal... Hahahaha
definitely. confirm have a few hundred on hand just in case.
so it's a good idea to buy the simcard from klook and straight away can collect in either T1 or T2.
 

ApeTruelove

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
7,138
Reaction score
2,081
by the way, please do not travel without some local currencies... cos once u reach airport, u have no data, need to buy data... need to buy easycard if u r taking airport express mrt (trip fare NT$160) to Taipei main station...

As i always say, go holiday is to enjoy and not get into any ordeal... Hahahaha
commuter and express same price so is better to take express if you want to go to taipei main station directly. Waiting time estimate 15mins. Usually I will just take to Taoyuan HSR first see see look look already then take HSR to Taipei main.
 

darcbleu

Senior Member
Joined
May 27, 2003
Messages
964
Reaction score
239
Ah okay. I guess I'll top up $4k into my youtrip and then start to just find bank of Taiwan atm to withdraw money?

The pin of the card is the 4 digit pin I use to key in when logging into the app right?

Just checked suntec money changer rates it's 21.3 only. Super low.
if i am flying into Taoyuan T2. anyone knows which ATM i can use on youtrip card to withdraw? or any one with mastercard logo?
 

koolkool

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2006
Messages
659
Reaction score
80
Hi. Anyone can remember what is the exchange rate at Singapore money changer to sell twd dollars to them. Any past few days rate you remember is OK. Thanks.
 

Greent

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
980
Reaction score
77
i'd suggest that you just topup $900 everytime on the fly when you need to withdraw
since per withdrawal is max. 20k NTD and its ~$900 after you include $5 withdrawal fees
and it doesn't matter which bank's ATM you withdraw frm.... since the exchange rate is subjective to Youtrip's mastercard wholesale rate and not the ATM you withdraw from

Well said.

The reminds $ can use for ez-link if you no intention to keep any $ inside the card.
Didn't know can use as ez-link till my friend share this inform

Top up $900 is a good range
 

kaysee

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2008
Messages
2,480
Reaction score
9
i'd suggest that you just topup $900 everytime on the fly when you need to withdraw
since per withdrawal is max. 20k NTD and its ~$900 after you include $5 withdrawal fees
and it doesn't matter which bank's ATM you withdraw frm.... since the exchange rate is subjective to Youtrip's mastercard wholesale rate and not the ATM you withdraw from
Cool! Thanks for the tips. Meaning to say that I'll have to run atm multiple times throughout the trip haha. Cause I'm catering expenses for 5 pax.

BTW my brother just arrived Taipei this evening. Money changer rate before immigration is 22.15 subject to 30NTD admin fees.

I'll just change sufficient money at taoyuan airport once I arrive just in case.
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,717
Reaction score
737
Cool! Thanks for the tips. Meaning to say that I'll have to run atm multiple times throughout the trip haha. Cause I'm catering expenses for 5 pax.

BTW my brother just arrived Taipei this evening. Money changer rate before immigration is 22.15 subject to 30NTD admin fees.

I'll just change sufficient money at taoyuan airport once I arrive just in case.
https://rate.bot.com.tw/xrt?Lang=en-US
Please use the above link to check.
Pretty much give you an accurate rate from Bank of Taiwan.
 

Seifer28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2005
Messages
7,284
Reaction score
275
Cool! Thanks for the tips. Meaning to say that I'll have to run atm multiple times throughout the trip haha. Cause I'm catering expenses for 5 pax.

BTW my brother just arrived Taipei this evening. Money changer rate before immigration is 22.15 subject to 30NTD admin fees.

I'll just change sufficient money at taoyuan airport once I arrive just in case.
ATM is available everywhere in convenience stores like family mart and 7-11 which is also basically everywhere in Taiwan
Whenever you need cash, just drop by a convenience store and you can do your withdrawal
 

wenguang

Senior Member
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
921
Reaction score
394
i have just return from taiwan. Trust card atm withdrawal is a perfect solution. Good exchange rate, 0 atm fee, withdraw in any atm any amount.

Remember to switch ur card link to saving account instead of credit card to prevent it to be tag as cash advance. Of course, ur saving account must have money for atm deduction
 
Last edited:

wenguang

Senior Member
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
921
Reaction score
394
Cool! Thanks for the tips. Meaning to say that I'll have to run atm multiple times throughout the trip haha. Cause I'm catering expenses for 5 pax.

BTW my brother just arrived Taipei this evening. Money changer rate before immigration is 22.15 subject to 30NTD admin fees.

I'll just change sufficient money at taoyuan airport once I arrive just in case.
If you have trustbank card, use it. just switch the link to saving account. the rate is much better than the exchanger. i got 22.5 on average, verse 22.1 with money exchanger beside the atm
 

wenguang

Senior Member
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
921
Reaction score
394
if i am flying into Taoyuan T2. anyone knows which ATM i can use on youtrip card to withdraw? or any one with mastercard logo?
any bank is okay, but there are a lot of atm machine look alike that is meant for currency exchange, it is not the one.

T2 arrival exit out of immigration, half left there is a money exchanger stall towards the end, beside it has atm.

But i suggest you to withdraw with trust card to save the $5. Also always choose do not convert by the bank's rate or choose convert later (search DCC withdrawal)
 

Obviouslylah

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2022
Messages
96
Reaction score
25
Well said.

The reminds $ can use for ez-link if you no intention to keep any $ inside the card.
Didn't know can use as ez-link till my friend share this inform

Top up $900 is a good range
Their starbuck card has no expiry too. Checked my card which was bought 15 yrs ago still can use credit inside. Staff say as long as card does not crack...
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,717
Reaction score
737
Their starbuck card has no expiry too. Checked my card which was bought 15 yrs ago still can use credit inside. Staff say as long as card does not crack...
Wa! 15 years, think mine was last top up for a long while.
Still got some stars inside to use.
 

martin

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2008
Messages
1,946
Reaction score
70
Today passed by raffles place, just randomly checked 2 money changers, 21.47, 21.5.
 

Joelleyuan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2005
Messages
10,263
Reaction score
3,798
any bank is okay, but there are a lot of atm machine look alike that is meant for currency exchange, it is not the one.

T2 arrival exit out of immigration, half left there is a money exchanger stall towards the end, beside it has atm.

But i suggest you to withdraw with trust card to save the $5. Also always choose do not convert by the bank's rate or choose convert later (search DCC withdrawal)
wow, cool.
Trust card is visa,
so over there i can use it on any ATM?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top