Exchange Rate - Part 2

katherine1510

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2011
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Hi, can i check which taiwan atm withdrawal has a better exchange rate for youtrip card? Also what is the maximum amount for withdrawal? Lastly, may i know where is the atm located for taoyuan airport T1 and T2? Thanks in advance for the help.
 

pclow59

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2003
Messages
5,618
Reaction score
2,103
Hi, can i check which taiwan atm withdrawal has a better exchange rate for youtrip card? Also what is the maximum amount for withdrawal? Lastly, may i know where is the atm located for taoyuan airport T1 and T2? Thanks in advance for the help.
If u scrolled back to last 10 pages , should find your answers.
 

katherine1510

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2011
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Which taiwan atm does not have additional charges for withdrawal using youtrip card other than the $5 youtrip charge? Also, which bank can withdraw more than 20k NTD per transaction?
 
Last edited:

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
14,555
Reaction score
218
Which taiwan atm does not have additional charges for withdrawal using youtrip card other than the $5 youtrip charge? Also, which bank can withdraw more than 20k NTD per transaction?
as long u use your youtrip card to do atm withdrawal, I don't think you can escape the $5 charge...

As for the 20k withdrawal limit, suggest you work with the 20k limit as I don't remember many ATM has above 20k limit, else u can read thru this whole thread... there was a part which members here been discussing about it...
 

pclow59

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2003
Messages
5,618
Reaction score
2,103
Which taiwan atm does not have additional charges for withdrawal using youtrip card other than the $5 youtrip charge? Also, which bank can withdraw more than 20k NTD per transaction?
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/exchange-rate-part-2.5721636/post-146512987
As long as you are not using that bank issued cards, limit is 20k! For BOT, if you are their cards holder, Maximum amount per transaction is NT$30,000, NT$60,000 or NT$100,000 for the different type ATMs of Bank of Taiwan.
 
Joined
Apr 13, 2009
Messages
310
Reaction score
2
I got rejected for Trust credit card application. I applied for the savings account and got a debit card.
I think the debit card should be able to withdraw from BOT ATM same as the credit card with no fees.
But can I find out anyone tried using the debit card to pay merchants that accept credit cards?
I have Youtrip but once you put money in the wallet cannot transfer back to bank so abit reluctant to use.
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,717
Reaction score
737
I got rejected for Trust credit card application. I applied for the savings account and got a debit card.
I think the debit card should be able to withdraw from BOT ATM same as the credit card with no fees.
But can I find out anyone tried using the debit card to pay merchants that accept credit cards?
I have Youtrip but once you put money in the wallet cannot transfer back to bank so abit reluctant to use.
Debit card works the same as credit card.
So the answer to you, is YES , It will work.
 

Thanatos_Wraiths

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2005
Messages
1,923
Reaction score
388
I got rejected for Trust credit card application. I applied for the savings account and got a debit card.
I think the debit card should be able to withdraw from BOT ATM same as the credit card with no fees.
But can I find out anyone tried using the debit card to pay merchants that accept credit cards?
I have Youtrip but once you put money in the wallet cannot transfer back to bank so abit reluctant to use.
Yes, you can use Trust debit card to withdraw cash from BOT ATM.

Yes, no withdrawal fee with Trust debit card.
Trust debit or credit are all visa card. No issue as long as the merchant accepts visa card payment.

Just remember to toggle the necessary transaction controls under view and manage card in your app.
 

ses009

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
823
Reaction score
11
I got rejected for Trust credit card application. I applied for the savings account and got a debit card.
I think the debit card should be able to withdraw from BOT ATM same as the credit card with no fees.
But can I find out anyone tried using the debit card to pay merchants that accept credit cards?
I have Youtrip but once you put money in the wallet cannot transfer back to bank so abit reluctant to use.
If you want to use for big purchase and confirm buying, then on the spot calculate and transfer to your Youtrip account. It takes only a few minutes to reflect and you can use the card to purchase right away. That is what I always do when I travel. Anyway, if left abit SGD in wallet, just come back Singapore and use.
 

twobellyflops

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Hi, need some help here. I arrived this morning and tried to withdraw at airport ATM using trust card. (overseas atm withdrawal already toggled on) I would like to ask if this is the correct ATM to draw from?
Also, after I insert the card and selected language, the gave me two options 1. Credit / International card or 2. Bank of Taiwan Card Cross-Country Withdrawal or cash advance pin change. Is this the correct landing page? helppp

Both options asked me to key in 4 digit pin, but trust pin is 6 digit and both failed. Can anyone who withdrawn before let me know what is wrong? Am I at the wrong ATM? Thank you.
 
Last edited:

Thanatos_Wraiths

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2005
Messages
1,923
Reaction score
388
Hi, need some help here. I arrived this morning and tried to withdraw at airport ATM using trust card. (overseas atm withdrawal already toggled on) I would like to ask if this is the correct ATM to draw from?
Also, after I insert the card and selected language, the gave me two options 1. Credit / International card or 2. Bank of Taiwan Card Cross-Country Withdrawal or cash advance pin change. Is this the correct landing page? helppp

Both options asked me to key in 4 digit pin, but trust pin is 6 digit and both failed. Can anyone who withdrawn before let me know what is wrong? Am I at the wrong ATM? Thank you.

The BOT ATM in your photo looks legit although I did not withdraw at the airport.
Selection should be 1) Credit/International Card. What was the error code printed on the unsuccessful receipt?

Where are staying at now? Have to find the nearest BOT ATM.

https://www.bot.com.tw/English/BusinessUnits/ATM Services/Pages/default.aspx
 

pclow59

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2003
Messages
5,618
Reaction score
2,103
May I know what is the maximum daily withdrawal amount for trust card and also youtrip card.
YouTrip daily is limited to withdrawal of SGD$5k, but BOT ATM per day limit is NT 20K. So whether Youtrip, Trust or others, still limited by BOT daily withdrawal amount, is this correct?

Check BOT website, and you are right is 20K is per transaction for other ATM card (not BOT Issued). Stated maximum amount per day is NT$150,000

https://www.bot.com.tw/English/Bank...ntry: maximum amount,for ATMs of other banks.
For UTrip card
Trust card, from their FAQ, said S$2,000 in a single transaction.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top